Mummy the Curse: Skype Interest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mummy the Curse: Skype Interest

Hi, I was wondering if folks would be interested in a Mummy game I'm interested in running via Skype. This is still in the developmental stages but I wanted to get a gauge on interest before I committed to it. At the moment I'm thinking of using Skype as a chat medium (mainly because as an Aussie it would be hard to sync up for live calls the majority of the time).

And of course you post this as I drop out of a Skype game due to the holidays! I wish you luck.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Gullinbursti View Post
      Hi, I was wondering if folks would be interested in a Mummy game I'm interested in running via Skype. This is still in the developmental stages but I wanted to get a gauge on interest before I committed to it. At the moment I'm thinking of using Skype as a chat medium (mainly because as an Aussie it would be hard to sync up for live calls the majority of the time).
      Aussies playing Mummy! We should form a club.

I probably don't have time for a game, sadly

Comment

Okay, so doing some rereading, I think I'd like to run the game during the Ruins of Empire era setting from Dark Eras. Most likely opening in Tunisia and moving about as characters sleep away years and the world changes. I'll work up a proper setting document soon, still rereading and collecting my thoughts at the moment

Comment

I am very interested, especially in the Ruins of Empire setting. I'm in the US, but I could make it work if you were running during like early afternoon Australia time and/or on the weekend.

2E Legacy Updates
          Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
          Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
          Storm Keepers

Comment

Ah, I meant using Skype in the sense of using it like a chat room that keeps a record of the game when folks aren't logged on. So the majority of the time it would be similar to a play by post, just via the medium of Skype. There are probably better avenues of use, but I'm familiar with Skype so it was the default I thought of.

Comment

Oh, gotcha. That works too! I dunno if you're at this stage of planning yet, but are you planning to use the rules as written, or any kind of updates for 2nd edition?

2E Legacy Updates
              Storm Keepers

Comment

At the moment, purely 1E because I'm terrible at conversions and there is a lot of material in Mummy.

Base conceits at the moment are that the players are Mummy's from the core, not Shuankhsen (a side bonus of using a chat system, you don't have to hear me butcher Egyptian, pseudo-Egyptian and Arabic). I'm also toying with giving the three dot version of Early Riser to the player characters for free. Mainly because the wakefulness of a Sothic turn allows the players more time to shine without the yearning hunger of henet drawing them down.

Comment

I am curious, but I don't know if I'll have the time to join in in any big way.

Is it presumptuous of me to ask for alternating male/female pronouns?

Comment

I'm curious.

Darkframe - Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.

"The weeping in the world will not decrease if we do not weep together."

Comment

Mummy: the Curse is the one venue I've never studied or explored, so it would be interesting to play. If it's more 'PBP' that may help, since I have enough fun squeezing two game nights into the week already.

Comment

Just reiterating that I'm still interested!

2E Legacy Updates
                        Storm Keepers

Comment

If anyone ever gets something like this going again I'd be into it, though I still have to read the book. It looks awesome though.

Comment

Working...
                          X