[2E] Alchemical Relics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Alchemical Relics

How 'magical items' of Alchemy are made in Promethean? I have plotline where my PCs cabal of mages are attacking manor of Alchemist. They probably will 'clean' the place, looking for any supernatural things. What could they found there? Or what kind of items even are possible to make in Alchemy - are there restrictions? Or I just can take and make random Artifacts from Mage? Any ideas on Alchemy specific items will be much appreciated.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
    My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

Isn't there a "Bygones" section in CoD2E? That's where I'd start, as there aren't really many rules for alchemical items currently. Potions and elixirs right now are represented by prepared Distillations.

LFP: American Carnage (Werewolf: the Forsaken)

Comment

I would consider having them find an Athanor. These are the sort of thing an Alchemist would have picked up and offers all sorts of cool plot hook opportunities. A Jovian Athanor could lead them to a Centimanus while offering insight on how to redeem it. Pilgrimage Markers and Refinement Furnaces offer obvious cool benefits to the throng. Or, you could keep it simple and give the Alchemist a Vitriol Fount, which makes them more formidable in addition to being a useful "treasure" after they are defeated.

Eric Christian Berg
      Onyx Path Freelancer
      Promethean: The Created Second Edition, Dark Eras Companion

Comment

Originally posted by eberg View Post
        I would consider having them find an Athanor. These are the sort of thing an Alchemist would have picked up and offers all sorts of cool plot hook opportunities. A Jovian Athanor could lead them to a Centimanus while offering insight on how to redeem it. Pilgrimage Markers and Refinement Furnaces offer obvious cool benefits to the throng. Or, you could keep it simple and give the Alchemist a Vitriol Fount, which makes them more formidable in addition to being a useful "treasure" after they are defeated.
        I'm not sure what good those would do for Magi, though, as Wyrd specified that this was a Mage game. Though, the Divine Fire is certainly a good Mystery for Mages to pursue.

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

Well, I putted call out for Alchemical artifacts and Divine Fire is main Mystery of chronicle. Still, somethings working less with definitive Promethean background would be best. We have only one Created player ( and he is 'is/not' kind of player ) so things less directly connected to PtC setting and more on general Alchemy would be cool.

I was making Alchemist stats and reading all Transmuations for it from corebook and they mostly seems... not very 'alchemical'. Or rather, on limited usage for Alchemists characters. Most Transmutations seems to make Prometheans better in the Pilgrimage, but the do not make something truly 'magical' from what I read. Maybe you have ideas better powers? Maybe from Dread Powers of Pandorans? I suspect that Elixirs of Alchemist will still work after her death, so getting those before she drinks everything will also be 'Relic' to loot for my mages.
          Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-07-2017, 02:26 AM.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
          My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

Comment

Originally posted by Verge View Post
            Isn't there a "Bygones" section in CoD2E?
            I do not see any in CoD Rulebook. This section is only in God Machine Rules Update. But thanks for pointing me to it.

Originally posted by Verge View Post
            Potions and elixirs right now are represented by prepared Distillations.
            Those are that I have prepared for combat situation now in game. What non-combat related you think female Alchemist would have? I really have a problem with Distillations, as they sound rather like things helping Created on Pilgrimage, not normal 'magic looking' Alchemists characters.

Comment

Considering we're talking about the ultimate cosmic force of change and evolution, so weird things that defy categorization would still be in theme. In which case I suggest to go crazy with Dread Powers and other strange abilities from even other gamelines. As long as they somehow fit the "alchemy" theme, of course.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

For now I look over Relics made by Reighnhell, but Hermit's idea is good, and I will check Dread Powers in Promethean 2E corebook.

Comment

For now, I made compilation of Relics mine Alchemist could have:
                  • The Ambrose Saber ●●
                  • Book of Changes ●
                  • The Heidenreich Diary I-II ●●
                  • The Manual of El’Fahil Adu ●●
                  • The Moonlight Lullaby ●●●
                  • Permutations of Alchemy (and other Treatise) ●
                  • The Silver Chalice ●●●
                  I still looks over other things, strictly from Promethean gameline - as our Created is on Plumbum, so maybe some Role Athanor? Pilgrim Marks?

With those ideas in mind, I have some questions on Athanors on general - How, exactly, Athanors look like? They have some restriction, for example, on Size? Need to touch Created to show him a visions? Need to be touched all the time when they share their benefit?

Comment

Also, can there be Refinement Mentor Athanor for Basic Refinements? Like in our example, maybe item that grants Elpis visions about Plumbum and it's Roles?
                    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-10-2017, 07:44 PM.

Comment

For Athanor I will go with Boston Irish Boxing (single) glove, that is Refinement Mentor for Ferrum ( that player looks over as next on his PC Pilgrimage ). A twist is that glove is also alchemical item that enhance fighting with itself ( +1 Lethal damage ) and as Athanor, it slowly and slowly wears down... ( What Alchemists and her supporters will use as weapon against Created. )

Comment

Working...
                      X