[2E] How to master the Role?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] How to master the Role?

So how does mastering the Role works in the 2E Promethean? From what I read, each Role has 2 special Milestones and 1 unique Breaking Point. If my character fulfills one of Milestones, she has 'mastered the Role', am I right? How character is feeling then? She get's special Elpis Vision, or just feel that Vitriol is generating in his body?

For example, I have Golem on Plumbum starting his Pilgrimage as player. He did not choose Role he is study, yet, but is possible that he will fulfill Milestone for one of them by events in game. He is kidnapped by Alchemist that has Athanor in her 'collection'. If he will be free by his buddy mages, will he master Chronicler Role just by finding Athanor? Even by looking on it, not even

Originally posted by Chronicler Role
    Milestones: Discover a hidden or lost Athanor. Discover enough of other Created’s Pilgrimages to discover underlying commonalities.
    Breaking point: Discard the information you have gathered as inapplicable to your Pilgrimage.
    What about other Roles in Plumbum - They all are about other Created. As PC is only Promethean in chronicle world ( in nearby, at least ) can those Milestones be changed to accommodate shearing knowledge with mages or humans?

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
    My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
    MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    So how does mastering the Role works in the 2E Promethean? From what I read, each Role has 2 special Milestones and 1 unique Breaking Point. If my character fulfills one of Milestones, she has 'mastered the Role', am I right? How character is feeling then? She get's special Elpis Vision, or just feel that Vitriol is generating in his body?

For example, I have Golem on Plumbum starting his Pilgrimage as player. He did not choose Role he is study, yet, but is possible that he will fulfill Milestone for one of them by events in game. He is kidnapped by Alchemist that has Athanor in her 'collection'. If he will be free by his buddy mages, will he master Chronicler Role just by finding Athanor? Even by looking on it, not even

What about other Roles in Plumbum - They all are about other Created. As PC is only Promethean in chronicle world ( in nearby, at least ) can those Milestones be changed to accommodate shearing knowledge with mages or humans?

Not quite.

Read the sections on p. 179 under the "Turning Away" and "Taking a Role" headers. You can't fulfill a Role's milestone if you're not pursuing it; some of them are even mutually exclusive.

Also, note that the milestones under the Roles are suggestions. Your ST should be tailoring a milestone to represent mastery of a particular Role, and it's going to be different for different characters. As an example, two of the PCs in my game have mastered Sage. One is a Frankenstein who mastered all three of the Roles in Cuprum; he's a bounty hunter and a gunslinger. The other is an Osiran who wants to learn the creation procedure for all the known Lineages. I had to approach their milestones pretty differently.

Matthew McFarland
    Writer, developer, etc.
    Undead for Chill 3rd Ed now on Kickstarter!

Comment

Working...
    X