No announcement yet.

[House Rules] A Brighter New Dawn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note that Persistent Conditions are ChroD's replacement for and generalization of nWoD's Flaws: they expand by not being phrased in an inherently negative tone and by explicitly including resolution mechanics.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
      FWIW, Dave Brookshaw has stated before that Sleepwalkers, not Mages, are the natural state of humanity. Free of the Lie, but not Addicted to Mysteries.
      I like this because I am awfully fond of Sleepwalkers and everything to do with them, but I'm not sure I agree. Mostly because being a Sleepwalker is implied to be an inherently 'incomplete' state. They are not Awake, they still Asleep, they are just sleeping fitfully. Their bodies are up and moving around, but they do not know what they are doing. I personally believe that, contrary to Mage's general conceit, a vast plurality of humanity are some form of Sleepwalker, but enough of humanity are Sleepers that 'the masquerade enforces itself.' Yes, you may see some shit, and everybody on your internet forum has seen some shit, and everybody you've ever dated admits to having seen some shit, but the majority insists there's no such thing as shit, so you just go on with your life. The final step to truly leaving behind the Lie is Awakening, and until you Awaken, you're not REALLY free of the Exarchs' control. That's just my take, though, and the Developer certainly has a bigger say over me.

I'd like to take a step back at this moment and wonder if we've maybe gone off topic a little discussing Mage in the Promethean forum. I just included that little blurb in my house rules just to show that a fully Refined Redeemed would be 'a complete human,' which in my eyes is usually a Mage, should Mages even exist in your setting, but that is just my interpretation. I would be completely down with a 10 Refinement Redeemed being an Alchemy-using Sleepwalker. (I would assume that to be the default in a setting where Mages don't exist, or if you just don't like the idea of turning your game into an Awakening game.)

Comment

Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post

I like this because I am awfully fond of Sleepwalkers and everything to do with them, but I'm not sure I agree. Mostly because being a Sleepwalker is implied to be an inherently 'incomplete' state. They are not Awake, they still Asleep, they are just sleeping fitfully.
        That view only comes from the Wise's biased perspective though. "Sleepwalkers" are humans who can see the true nature of the world (not necessarily the Truth behind the true nature of the world though but you don't need to see atoms with the naked eye to see the world truly), they just cannot force the world to follow patterns from a completely separate alien reality because... that's a pretty non-human thing to do. Mages on the otherhand had their souls warped and filled with otherworldly radiance, but only enough radiance to make them an incomplete "new" being on the road to leaving their humanity completely and just becoming symbols, and their souls are so incomplete that they end up obsessing about the truth behind reality like some conspiracy theorist. "Awakened" are the incomplete ones, not the "Sleepwalkers".

Comment

Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post
          I'd like to take a step back at this moment and wonder if we've maybe gone off topic a little discussing Mage in the Promethean forum.
          Then what do you want to talk about? As near as I can tell, putting aside the mage/alchemist thing, what exactly are you asking for other than more merits / Transmutations? I've never actually heard of a post-New Dawn game, so... sure?
          Last edited by MCN; 02-19-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X