No announcement yet.

Alien Beings & Disquiet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gems are, quite literally, sentient gemstones: Crystalline mineral formations that are able to project "bodies" of solid light. They are neither biological nor Terrestrial in origin, and I'm inclined to compare them to independently functioning versions of Green Lantern Rings. I'm inclined to believe they wouldn't be affected by Disquiet.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
      Technically the Cover can acquire Disquiet. the actual Demon doesn't have to be a jerk. It just risks the God-Machine finding it if it doesn't.
      Not quite true.

"Demons and mummies respond strangely to Disquiet; demons are affected by it, but as they maintain ironclad control over their responses, they can choose whether or not to act on it and in what capacity." - PtC, p173

So, its not the Cover that acquires Disquiet, but the Unchained itself, and while they can decide how much that informs their actions, that doesn't remove the social penalties or any of the like while switching between Covers or using Demon Form. It doesn't change how the demon actuall -feels- about the Promethean.

Comment

Originally posted by MCN View Post
        Not quite true.
        Promethean's sidebar is explicitly suggestions; FallenEco is referencing the Demon Storyteller's Guide.

Disquiet and Torment make Prometheans and those around them unpredictable, and every spy knows there’s nothing worse than someone that draws bad attention and can’t be controlled. Disquiet is rarely a problem for the Unchained, though. Their minds being quantum computers that exist outside of normal space and time, only a demon’s Cover is influenced by the supernatural hatred that Prometheans draw out of those they meet. A demon can refuse to “play along,” but such a contradiction in the order of things will draw the God Machine’s attention as long as a human disguise is employed.
        If the Disquiet was suffered by a Cover, switching to another Cover does not resolve this Condition as the affected Cover regains it when the demon switches back.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
        Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Satchel is correct. Sorry, I should have placed the reference, so you knew where I was getting my information came from.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Okay, so its a question of which book you prefer to use then. I'm not going to say that Promethean's book is invalid because its somehow only "suggestions" in favor of the DSG being the absolute authority. Given that we're in the Promethean forum, I will default to that book instead of Demon's. *Shrugs* Its mostly a question of which themes you want to cater to.

In either case, however, Promethean: the Created still has created a precident where robot-like and alien-like beings are affected by Disquiet if they get too close to humanity's mindsets. So, it remains an open question.

Comment

Originally posted by MCN View Post
              Okay, so its a question of which book you prefer to use then. I'm not going to say that Promethean's book is invalid because its somehow only "suggestions" in favor of the DSG being the absolute authority. Given that we're in the Promethean forum, I will default to that book instead of Demon's. *Shrugs* Its mostly a question of which themes you want to cater to.
              One of the Demon stereotypes (I can't recall which one for sure, but I think it was the Integrator) has them having studied with a Promethean for a few weeks, then killing it, and being left not quite sure why they did. Which is pretty Disquietsome. Besides, a strange variable that resembles but is unlike the humans that Covers emulate, while being driven by an energy that is unlike the Machine's emanations that drive the demonic form, is something it would make sense within Demon's own mood to have rattle the Unchained on a deep level.

Comment

Well, if it has to do with a human mindset, then Gems should be affected. They actually act very similar to humans, despite usually being much older.

Comment

Working...
                X