[2E] How to rise Pilgrimage Trait?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] How to rise Pilgrimage Trait?

I'm running Promethean PC in our Boston game for few session now and he still has Pilgrimage Trait on 1 dot. How should it be risen? I made something wrong in my ST ways? Here are helping questions:

1. Can I - as ST - just declare 'You Pilgrimage is rising in you, take next dot of it'? Or should players always invest in it?
    2. Can Pilgrimage just rise after some very large Milestone, on itself?
    3. If I remember, there are 3 Milestones 'importance', each giving different amount of Vitriol Beats, 1, 3 and 5 ( i.e. 1 Vitriol Experience ), yes?
    4. If 2 is yes, how various Milestones: Universal, Prescribed and Instinctive - are 'costly/important' in Vitriol Beats?

MtAw 2E - My Legacies Updates and System Hacks Hubs
    MtAw - Children of the Stars - aliens loving Legacy
    MtAw 2E - Illusionists of Truth - illusionists and magicians Legacy

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    1. Can I - as ST - just declare 'You Pilgrimage is rising in you, take next dot of it'? Or should players always invest in it?
    If the character is in fact a player character? No. You can toss a gimme milestone in their path and hope they take the opportunity.
    2. Can Pilgrimage just rise after some very large Milestone, on itself?
    That is, in fact, the primary benefit of a superlative milestone relative to the lesser varieties — you don't have to spend Vitriol Experiences to raise your Pilgrimage rating at a superlative milestone (and in fact you can't, because that'd be double-dipping).
    3. If I remember, there are 3 Milestones 'importance', each giving different amount of Vitriol Beats, 1, 3 and 5 ( i.e. 1 Vitriol Experience ), yes?
    Minor milestones give 1-3 Vitriol Beats, major milestones give a Vitriol Experience, superlative milestones give a Vitriol Experience and a step forward on the Pilgrimage.
    4. If 2 is yes, how various Milestones: Universal, Prescribed and Instinctive - are 'costly/important' in Vitriol Beats?
    Milestone magnitude has virtually no correlation to milestone type except for completing roles and dying.
    Last edited by Satchel; 02-25-2017, 01:18 AM.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Pg 184 is what you are looking for. Your are right in the idea, but the numbers are off. Minor milestones give between 1-3 Vitrol beats, a major milestone gives a Vitrol experience , and a superlative milestone give a Vitrol experience and raises Pilgramage by one. Completing roles that are part of the pilgrimage are superlative, as is dying drinking from one of the rivers of the underworld. Completing roles not on the pilgramage is a major milestone. All other milestones are subject to ST discretion, so if you judge the Promethean has hit a superlative milestone, their pilgramage goes up automatically.

CofD booklists:
      Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mummy | Promethean

Comment

Would first Torment event ending in suicide attempt by Created ( even when saved by mages from dying) be Superlative Milestone?

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
          Would first Torment event ending in suicide attempt by Created ( even when saved by mages from dying) be Superlative Milestone?
          It's possible, but some more context on what happened would be helpful. The role the Promethean occupies could very well change the answer. Was there a choice the Promethean was presented with that made them choose to attempt suicide? Pg 298 provides guidence on the magnitudes of milestones. It may be helpful.

CofD booklists:
          Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mummy | Promethean

Comment

Suicide attempt was Torment act based on our Tammuz PC rebelling against him beeing obejctified by mages around him. Interesting, there is almost literal example in this Milestone creation advises on page 298.

Originally posted by PtC 2E p. 298
            A major instinctive milestone is a turning point where the character makes a concrete decision. A Tammuz, made to be an obedient servant, has a minor milestone when asked to choose what’s for dinner or where to go on a day trip. A major milestone then focuses on a significant decision that affects the future: does the throng try to find the Athanor in the Minnesota forests or hunt down the Centimani operating in Cleveland? Making a decision of that magnitude is a major milestone.

Superlative milestones go one further. The same character has issues with needing to decide for himself, but also with rebelling against authority — he doesn’t want anyone to tell him what to do again. His Storyteller decides to give him a choice. Neither outcome is bad, but the obviously better choice involves following the orders of someone that the character doesn’t like. Will he buckle down and do as he’s told, or take the other option out of a rebellious streak? Whichever he chooses is a significant statement about his character.
            From this description seems that mine players PC should get Superlative Milestone here. So thanks on this advise!

When character is changing Refinements based on actions and goals of character after this Superlative Milestone - Will Refinement shift be another Superlative or Major Milestone?

Comment

Working...
            X