What Refinement would this be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Refinement would this be?

Topic for advising on choosing Refinement for Created base on it's goals. My player's character have new goal to become martyr for being to change Boston mages Lex Magica to recognize other supernaturals ( vampires,werewolves, Created etc. ) as individuals under Lex, secured from being 'chained' to Mage groups. On first hearing this I thought about Cobalus as perfecting concept, but I'm not sure here...

MtAw 2E - My Legacies Updates and System Hacks Hubs
    MtAw - Children of the Stars - aliens loving Legacy
    MtAw 2E - Illusionists of Truth - illusionists and magicians Legacy

There is literal Martyr Role in Ferrum Refinement, but I'm not sure is it works with this 'ideological Martyr for cause' player want's to dwell in to. Still, player wanted to go for Ferrum in the first place, generally for character. On the other hand, Ferrum do not seem as Refinement about political fight. I don't know...

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
      There is literal Martyr Role in Ferrum Refinement, but I'm not sure is it works with this 'ideological Martyr for cause' player want's to dwell in to. Still, player wanted to go for Ferrum in the first place, generally for character. On the other hand, Ferrum do not seem as Refinement about political fight. I don't know...
      While I generally get mad, especially in Promethean, at people wanting to do things for the powers as opposed to the actual story, I think the Martyr Role in Ferrum is perfect for a would-be political activist. It's someone who throws themselves out - generally in their body, since Ferrum is Refinement of Body - and takes suffering so that others don't have to. Nobody has to say that can't also be their reputation, and if they're doing a hunger strike or something like that, it does affect their body as well.

I would say that the Martyr Role shouldn't actually count towards a Milestone unless they actually SUFFER the pain of being a political activist. Pepper spray in the eyes every other hour. Dogs being unleashed on them. Being hosed by powerful water pressure. Somebody trying to beat them up. Hell, if they're advocating AGAINST Mages, they could suffer a lot more than that. But it's about pain for the sake of others. Make it about pain.

Comment

Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post
        I would say that the Martyr Role shouldn't actually count towards a Milestone unless they actually SUFFER the pain of being a political activist. Pepper spray in the eyes every other hour. Dogs being unleashed on them. Being hosed by powerful water pressure. Somebody trying to beat them up. Hell, if they're advocating AGAINST Mages, they could suffer a lot more than that. But it's about pain for the sake of others. Make it about pain.
        On last game session character almost earthquake the Atheneum with his Transmutations to make point. What could count up as Martyr Role Milestone then against mages? Being hit with Lethal damage by them? Getting Aggravated damage from spells? Or maybe surviving some weird Condition cast on Created?
        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-25-2017, 03:08 PM.

Comment

The Martyr Role is about surviving what would kill a human, pushing a body to its limits and beyond. Push their endurance, really make them suffer. Crucify them, figuratively or literally, and have them come down off that cross enlightened. A good Refinement to follow up the character arc would be Phosphorum; burn twice as bright for half as long, be a beacon, a lash, a firebrand.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcanist View Post
            A good Refinement to follow up the character arc would be Phosphorum; burn twice as bright for half as long, be a beacon, a lash, a firebrand.
            You mean here to do Phosphorum AFTER Ferrum and Martyr Role?

Comment

Yes, exactly

Comment

Working...
              X