2e Suppliments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2e Suppliments

A perennial favourite topic for all gamelines: has there been any news on suppliments for Promethean 2e and what is on your wishlist?

Here's some thoughts:
    - Player's Guide: More types of Albemics, Anathors, and merits are always welcome. It would cool to get some guidance or ideas for playing a post-New Dawn human in a Promethen or Crossover Chronicle as well.
    - Storyteller's Guide: Demon's STG would be a great foundation to work from for this one. System hacks for different types of genre games would be welcome, as would further exploration of what The Principle may or may not be.
    - Night Horrors: Witness the return of the Zeka and the Clones!

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

I think a Storyteller's Guide is more important to Prometheqn than any other gameline, as the Pulgrimage narrative requires so much effort and trust. Plus, it would be a handy place for some of the hacks and Shards that the community often cries out for; the contentious "why do I have to become human?" question can be tackled in a way that doesn't undermine the 'canon' gameline, thereby making both sides of the argument happy.

Other than that, anything that gives me new Lineages and their Bestowments to play with is a good thing; it's always felt too limiting as-is, and one of the many countless highlights of Dark Eras is that.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

I feel like a lot of material was covered well by first edition. I guess now that powers are different we could use some expansion there, and I'd love to see example Extempore with it as well

Comment

Apologies for the thread necromancy but having finally crawled out from the rock that was dissertation proposal writing and defending, +1 from me for these things, especially a Storytellers' Guide.

Comment

Guidelines on Extempores would be great!

Comment

I'm really hoping that the fact that Demon is getting a Night Horrors book means that one is coming for Promethean too.

CofD booklists:
            Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
              A perennial favourite topic for all gamelines: has there been any news on suppliments for Promethean 2e and what is on your wishlist?

Here's some thoughts:
              - Player's Guide: More types of Albemics, Anathors, and merits are always welcome. It would cool to get some guidance or ideas for playing a post-New Dawn human in a Promethen or Crossover Chronicle as well.
              - Storyteller's Guide: Demon's STG would be a great foundation to work from for this one. System hacks for different types of genre games would be welcome, as would further exploration of what The Principle may or may not be.
              - Night Horrors: Witness the return of the Zeka and the Clones!
              Player's Guide: 2e has a very rigid powers system. Two Transmutations per Refinement (one unique, one shared), four Alembics per Transmutation (which is tied to there being three Roles per Refinement), four powers per Alembic (arranged on a zero-to-three ladder: the persistent effect and three Distillments). Even the Bestowments are rigid compared to 1e: you get exactly one of them, ever. I'd like to see the Player's Guide inject some more flexibility.

Night Horrors: let's see a wider variety of beasties. Not just updated versions of 1e's monsters, but new creatures that demonstrate how weird Pyros can get.
              Night

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                Player's Guide: 2e has a very rigid powers system. Two Transmutations per Refinement (one unique, one shared), four Alembics per Transmutation (which is tied to there being three Roles per Refinement), four powers per Alembic (arranged on a zero-to-three ladder: the persistent effect and three Distillments). Even the Bestowments are rigid compared to 1e: you get exactly one of them, ever. I'd like to see the Player's Guide inject some more flexibility.

Night Horrors: let's see a wider variety of beasties. Not just updated versions of 1e's monsters, but new creatures that demonstrate how weird Pyros can get.
                Night
                Maybe a Player's Guide could add some more free-form power, like Vampire's Devotions?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

if I'm not mistaken, I think that Mat has mentioned that if he'll get to do a Player's Guide, it may include rules for playable Alchemists, which is nice.

And yeah, I can't even express how much I want a Promethean Night Horrors book- bring fourth the flesh horror!

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
                  I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                    if I'm not mistaken, I think that Mat has mentioned that if he'll get to do a Player's Guide, it may include rules for playable Alchemists, which is nice.

And yeah, I can't even express how much I want a Promethean Night Horrors book- bring fourth the flesh horror!

Yeah, if I get to do a PG, I'll do a chapter on playable alchemists. At present the PG isn't on the docket, but you never know.

Matthew McFarland
                    Writer, developer, etc.
                    Undead for Chill 3rd Ed now on Kickstarter!

Comment

Originally posted by blackhatmatt View Post

Yeah, if I get to do a PG, I'll do a chapter on playable alchemists. At present the PG isn't on the docket, but you never know.

I'd love a bunch of sample Pandorans and Sublimati too. Maybe even rules on playing a Sublimati?

Comment

Originally posted by mikerand View Post

I'd love a bunch of sample Pandorans and Sublimati too. Maybe even rules on playing a Sublimati?

Man, give 'em an inch.

Sample Pandorans and sublimati are more likely to show up in a Night Horrors book or an STG than a PG, I think. I don't think I'm likely to talk about playing sublimati (though a former sublimatus that somehow ascended to Promethean status would be an interesting Extempore concept).

Matthew McFarland
                        Writer, developer, etc.
                        Undead for Chill 3rd Ed now on Kickstarter!

Comment

I would want an Alchemist supplement, making them playable.

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin View Post
                            I would want an Alchemist supplement, making them playable.
                            See above regarding the Player's Guide.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Working...
                            X