Getting the group together

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the group together

I know the book recommends having a throng together from the beginning but never hurts to think about how to bring a group of Promtheans together anyway. No ideas of my own at this moment but would still like to see what others may come up with.

The Prometheans are all created in their various places, cities, and cultures around the world according to their Refinement.

The game begins with them being captured, kidnapped, and taken to a research facility in Antarctica. A sudden electrical shortage frees them from their cell, and they must now find out who (or what) took them and escape from the Southern Continent.

Comment

We're playing a PBP game on this forum where the throng came together very organically over the first chapter. The Repute merit can be really helpful and is a good excuse: several of the PCs were attracted to the city by stories traveling through the Ramble of a Centimanus who returned to the Pilgrimage, another PC. Other relationships have formed among the throng in play, but the kickoff was partially "I heard there was a famous monster up in X city, and it's not like I'm doing anything else, might as well see how that's going."

I like the idea that Prometheans are rare and lonesome enough that if you run into someone else via Azothic radiance or some other sign of their presence, you're probably willing to stick around with them for a while. It's better than traveling alone, and you can always leave if you get sick of them. You don't need that much of an excuse.

2E Legacy Updates
      Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
      Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
      Storm Keepers

Comment

Qashmal herding seems an easy way to go.

Comment

In one that im gearing up to run my current plan is to have a it so that some Elpis visions have been guiding them to the same general area in the first "episode" with that story's events serving to bring them together

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatRickator View Post
            In one that im gearing up to run my current plan is to have a it so that some Elpis visions have been guiding them to the same general area in the first "episode" with that story's events serving to bring them together
            That's about as solid as you really need. Between Elpis visions and qashmallim and Azothic Radiance, you got more than you need to bring a throng together. You can throw in an existential threat such as Pandorans or a Firestorm to make them team up.

LFP: American Carnage (Werewolf: the Forsaken)

Comment

The rarity of Prometheans also makes the degrees of separation between them smaller. Promethean A meets Promethean B and they're confronted with a problem, they're both a little out of their depth but B remembers meeting Promethean C in passing years ago and still has a way to contact her. C is willing to help but still isn't an expert on what they're dealing with, but she used to be in a throng with Promethean D who is.

Comment

Working...
              X