How dangerous are the Created?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How dangerous are the Created?

Without getting too deep into white room theoretics, what's the general capability of Prometheans when it comes to violence vis a vis other common splats? I'm thinking of the Refinement of Silver, and a Mystic who was following a sort of monster-slayer Role. There's a lot of Alembics that seem pretty powerful, but it's hard to suss it out just from the page.

Prometheans following the Refinement of Silver are able to turn their auras into the weakness of any given monster, and require full aggravated damage to bring them down for good.

They are terrifying.

Comment

Basically the later the game was made, the more powerful game lines will be, especially against previously created splats.

Comment

A Time mage could slow the promethean down enough to burn him. But prometheans have Lighting Bolts so they would also need Forces. That assuming they don't get their spells cancelled by the promethean aura causing paradoxes. In direct battle a mage would need to have a specially prepared spell to win easily,any other situation would be hard.
        Vampires have a better change in my opinion,Prometheans can be seduced with Majesty and scared with Nightmare,but the vampire must maintain absolute control over the battle one slip up and promethean takes your head away

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
          Basically the later the game was made, the more powerful game lines will be, especially against previously created splats.
          ​Not necessarily; Hunters are weaker than every splat before them, and Deviants are supposed to be almost as weak, unless they go into Blow-Out mode, which can kill the one using it.

​Promethean's main thing is being incredibly hard to kill, and you may have to kill them more than once. That said, they can dish it out almost as well as they can take it. They can cause earthquakes with a stomp. Sweat acid. Throw lightning. Grow extra limbs. Emit radiation. Transmute matter. All kinds of shit. In close combat, they are probably the most dangerous splat after Werewolves.
          Last edited by Mangle77; 03-19-2017, 09:35 PM.

Comment

"And then he fell on the third rail and started laughing! We lost three packmates in as many minutes. He grabbed Toni' s ankle, which was enough to cook her. Hurley tried to pull her loose, and the freak just dragged them both down on the rail. Somehow he just got stronger, and holds down two gauru in kuruth unto they stopped twitching. Naturally, the rest of us flip our shit, and I don't remember much after that, but when we came to, the station was covered in blood and rubble. I took off, and later Deshawn caught up with me, and neither of us is sure if we took the fucker down. We were young, but I like to think we weren't stupid, so I'm suggesting you be actually smart if you've scented one of these things. Find out what they're afraid of, because they if they aren't afraid of Wolf's kids, take that as an omen."

Okay, probably more suited to a 1e matchup, but never ever let the Promethean pick the arena.

LFP: American Carnage (Werewolf: the Forsaken)

Comment

Thanks, everyone! I've got a better handle on it now. (Answer: Very!)

It definitely seems like they'd make an interesting antagonist in a Vampire/Werewolf/Mage chronicle. (others, too, but those are the ones I know) They're like this random, unstable element that can be dropped into the already-precarious social order of the more traditional and numerous splats. Particularly if you go full Bad Guy, have them be an unrepentant Centimanus with a pack of Pandorans for mooks; it'd be interesting to participate in a WtF hunt where half the battle is just figuring out what the heck you're dealing with.

Comment

So, if prometheans are the resistance, and mage/vamp/wolf/fae are the mental/social/phiscal/finesse, who's the power? Hunter? Mortal? Mummy?

Comment

Originally posted by Mangle77 View Post
                  ​Not necessarily; Hunters are weaker than every splat before them, and Deviants are supposed to be almost as weak, unless they go into Blow-Out mode, which can kill the one using it.
                  Too true, and once again I should have spent time to word my thoughts better.

Each line seems to have better counters to work against previously made lines, even when that is not the purpose of said line. In Hunter, obviously, it is the point, but you still have abilities that work directly against vampires, werewolves, and mages, even when said abilities aren't supposed to work according to the systems of the previous games. Promethean has, as noted upthread, an entire suite of abilities dedicated to stomping previous splats. And Beast also has powers that in some cases offer better examples of power suites belonging to previously made splats. I fully expect the second edition Hunter powers to be more powerful than those of first edition, and while Deviant doesn't seem like it will necessarily go into high power, I'd be surprised if there were not ways to produce fire with ease, somehow control silver, and probably some sort of psychic attacks that will hinder mages. These individuals will not necessarily be more 'powerful' than Prometheans and other games, but they'll likely have powers to make them threats to those games.

Comment

Originally posted by MCN View Post
                    So, if prometheans are the resistance, and mage/vamp/wolf/fae are the mental/social/phiscal/finesse, who's the power? Hunter? Mortal? Mummy?
                    Hunter, I'd say. It's not so much "who's the best at X" as "whose strengths and weaknesses most inescapably revolve around X" and hunters are the truest embodiment of how humans are weak when ignorant and alone, but powerful when they learn and get together. If we must pick a supernatural, then I'd go with Mummy.

Comment

Working...
                    X