When the Horsemen Road (30 Years War Dark Era) Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the Horsemen Road (30 Years War Dark Era) Discussion

I'm just skimming the PDF right now, but immediately I see that we are getting an alternate refinement of Gold, Pneuma (!!!!), which provides a religious path to the New Dawn, but is also about to depart the alchemical focus. We also get the Amirani as part of the Black Death Era, but they are present and referenced in this Era too. Both of those mean lots of new cannon fodder (and canon fodder) for new stories in both Dark Eras and modern times.

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

What, what?! An alternative Refinement! What?!? That is so mind-bogglingly cool. When I get my hands on this, I'm going to be brainstorming alternatives for all of the Refinements. What is the focus of the Refinment of Pneuma (Breath/Essence/Soul)? What is its practice? Does it have any new Transmutations or is it just an alternative to Aurum? What do you mean by departing the alchemical focus?

So I guess the Prophets is the nickname for the Amirani Lineage?

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

Pneuma is mechanically the same as the Aurum Refinement, but it drops the alchemical trappings for religious ones. Those following the Refinement believe that the only way to become fully human is to be granted a soul by God, which they earn through participation in organized religion. The become monks or nuns, join religious congregations, partake in the sacrament of marriage, etc in order to earn God's grace.

Eric Christian Berg
      Onyx Path Freelancer
      Promethean: The Created Second Edition, Dark Eras Companion

Comment

Aptly speaking, this is pure gold!
        xD

So I assume the Roles for Pneuma are identical to Aurum? Or are they different, so as to make it distinct from the main Refinement?

"My Homebrew Hub"
        Age of Azar
        The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

They are the same, but they pursue them within a religious context. So, they'd pursue the Leader role by becoming a priest, abbot, or preacher.

Eric Christian Berg
          Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

Well that makes sense. What are the Bestowments of the Amirani? Are they any different than the Bestowments of the Frankensteins?

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

In addition to Titan's Strength, they have a new Bestowment called "Crucible of Anguish" which allows them to burn themselves to gain visions and insights.

Eric Christian Berg
              Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

Visions as in "see the future and answer these questions" visions or visions as in Elpis Visions?

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

Insights that give them a bonus on rolls for a time.

Eric Christian Berg
                  Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

Originally posted by eberg View Post
                    Pneuma is mechanically the same as the Aurum Refinement, but it drops the alchemical trappings for religious ones. Those following the Refinement believe that the only way to become fully human is to be granted a soul by God, which they earn through participation in organized religion. The become monks or nuns, join religious congregations, partake in the sacrament of marriage, etc in order to earn God's grace.

The thing is, though, Pneuma is a trap-not because it's an invalid version of Aurum, but because it actively disdains other Refinements. In other words, it's a Refinement that spins its wheels and thinks itself speeding. The extinction of Pneuma (at least in its present form) is explicitly an unambigious positive, because Prometheans stop getting stalled by it.

Comment

Is it discussed what the Refinements of Cobalt and Phosophorus used to be called before 1735 and 1669 respectively?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                        Is it discussed what the Refinements of Cobalt and Phosophorus used to be called before 1735 and 1669 respectively?
                        Can't find any notes, but will check Year Without Summer to be sure.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post

Can't find any notes, but will check Year Without Summer to be sure.
                          Would be surprised if it's there since that's after the discovery of both elements.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I'm really interested to hear from the backer who paid to have this chapter added. I don't recall them identifying themselves but I'm anxious to hear how close we hit the mark on this one.

Eric Christian Berg
                            Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

To be frank, I'm dissapointed how When the Horsemen Road is written - I really do not like that 20 pages of 25 are for the 4 stories ideas and almost non on historical and cultural background of period - practicly, whole Era is particular chronicle hiding as historical setting.🙁 I would understood 1 or 2 stories, but almost all Era page count on those? 😕 As I do not read story seeds before running game to not spoil plot twists for myself ( if some other ST would run it for me, someday ), so I almost have non to read in text there.

As to Pneuma - does not Aurum general Roles cannot be simply refocus Leaders or Companions for being religious profession and STILL be on Aurum proper? Just like you could repurpose those for generals and solidiers in Aurum, don't it?
                              Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-02-2017, 06:18 AM.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
                              My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
                              MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events

Comment

Working...
                              X