Night Horrors: The Tormented

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mistress of whispers View Post
    I do have a question, is there any discussion on Mockeries?

Second Edition makes Pandorans more personal, so _this_ Promethean tries to create _this_ other Promethean and accidentally ends up creating _this_ Pandoran. That's the path we stuck to for Tormented, so no Mockeries there. I do agree that they were quite interesting, but then you'd have a Lineage (of a sort) of Pandorans and I'm not entirely sure that meshes with 2E Pandoran creation.
    Are there any Pandorans created typically (IE. not via the wildcard that are Firestorms) from sources other than a botched attempt at creating a Promethean?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

• Are there any Pandorans created typically (IE. not via the wildcard that are Firestorms) from sources other than a botched attempt at creating a Promethean?

Well there's deliberate attempts to create a Pandoran. Some alchemists and Centimani find Pandorans preferable to a Promethean to work with. Divine Fire being what it is though, that's kinda hit-and-miss.

Freelance Author and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

• I can only imagine the poor promethean waking up to have a centimani as a father/mother

Comment

• Especially when mommy Centimanus is ever so disappointed you're _not_ a Pandoran. Like... awkward

Comment

Especially when mommy Centimanus is ever so disappointed you're _not_ a Pandoran. Like... awkward
            As well as murder on the poor guy who has to come up with a proper description.

"Your creator...failed at...failing? Except, you're more powerful than Pandorans, so it wasn't really a failure, but you have free will, so you can't be a mindless monster, but as far as being a soldier you're even better because you can interpret more orders and implement them creatively except you can also question but that's kind of a benefit at times so it's not like you're a failure but you're based on Pyros rather than Flux but that gives you better average control of Flux if you go Centimani then you're a rival but rivals are good because...because...uh, where was I again?"

Comment

• Sounds like an awesome Extempore origin

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
                Are there any Pandorans created typically (IE. not via the wildcard that are Firestorms) from sources other than a botched attempt at creating a Promethean?
                Gonna correct myself on my earlier answer here. Keep an eye out for SK/23 in the sublimati section. It might be a Firestorm or creation act gone awry, or it might have been something else pulling the strings. Up to the ST to decide, ultimately.

Comment

• @mistress of whispers

I'd like to know
                  are there new powers for Centimanus and Pandorans,any new abilities or skills or ways to use flux?
                  just how strong are the new anataonits in battle? Are the like Idigam,able to really screw stuff up?
                  Last edited by Acopiltaczet; 09-11-2018, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• are there new powers for Centimanus and Pandorans,any new abilities or skills or ways to use flux?

We have two new Flux Alembics, named Cannibalize and Unleash.

just how strong are the new anataonits in battle? Are the like Idigam,able to really screw stuff up?

They vary in power, and at least one appears 'undefeatable'. But the thing is, Prometheans are hella strong and practically unkillable. When they want something removed from the face of the earth, it's gone. So the difficulty of these antagonists lies less in their combat prowess, and more in 'it's complicated'.

Comment

are there new powers for Centimanus and Pandorans,any new abilities or skills or ways to use flux?

We have two new Flux Alembics, named Cannibalize and Unleash.

They vary in power, and at least one appears 'undefeatable'. But the thing is, Prometheans are hella strong and practically unkillable. When they want something removed from the face of the earth, it's gone. So the difficulty of these antagonists lies less in their combat prowess, and more in 'it's complicated'.
                      What you would say is the deadliest character/being in this book?
                      will we see a ArchQashmall by any chance?

Comment

• What you would say is the deadliest character/being in this book?
                        will we see a ArchQashmall by any chance?

The last one (she said, being deliberately vague), and yes.

Comment

• thank you mistress

Comment

• New preview up, this time around the Zeka, "The Tumor Fairy: Dawn"

Comment

• Zeky! Zeky! Zeky! Zeky! Zeky! Zeky! Zeky!

I like the unique distillation idea. You can have lots of fun with that.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Zeky creation looks to have been changed up, going by Dawn - now they appear to be what you get if you use radiation in the creation of a new Promethean.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Working...
                                X