Night Horrors: The Tormented

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was always the case.

What caught my eye was a mention that sounded to me like this book might drop on Wednesday…

Comment

• Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
      That was always the case.

What caught my eye was a mention that sounded to me like this book might drop on Wednesday…
      God yes!
      And Dawn,poor girl. Poor girl,I want to give her a hug

Comment

While that would be nice, I think that Steffie was saying it may be back to the writing team, not the general public. But it does sound like soon!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Usually they give you a heads up on the Monday Meeting.

Comment

• I think at the very least, the Advanced PDF does seem to be coming sooner rather then later.

It's either it or Vampire's Guide to the Night that'll be coming out next.

Comment

• Yeah; that's what I got from a second, more careful reading, too. Not tomorrow, or the next day; but soon — and for the rest of your life.

Comment

Eh? Was it? I know the Zeky's 1e creation required another Zeka to use radiation in the process, but I don't remember anything about other Lineages managing to do the same thing if they used radiation as well.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Yeah; that's what I got from a second, more careful reading, too. Not tomorrow, or the next day; but soon — and for the rest of your life.
                  I think this is the beginning of a beautiful Pilgrimage.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
                  Podcast: The Breakup, a podcast about destroying the things you love by giving them away

Comment

• Indeed not Wednesday, but as soon as we can make it. Keep in mind that OPP has a lot of projects in the air.

Glad you liked Dawn! She really is a tragic monster.

Freelance Author and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

• Originally posted by marin View Post
                      Eh? Was it? I know the Zeky's 1e creation required another Zeka to use radiation in the process, but I don't remember anything about other Lineages managing to do the same thing if they used radiation as well.
                      In 1e, there was a specific generative act for each Lineage, and none of the regular Lineages included radiation. Saturnine Night introduced two things relevant to Dawn: the Zeka, where the generative act included radiation, and rules for demiurges, where the Promethean's creator was something other than another Promethean of the same Lineage. The primary focus of the demiurge section was on mortal demiurges; but it did include non-mortal demiurges, including Prometheans who “messed with the formula” of the generative act. That's what's going on with Dawn: her “parents” are Promethean demiurges who messed with the formula by introducing radiation into the mix and got a Zeka instead of whatever they were trying to make.

Demiurges are more of a thing in 2e than they were in 1e; but the notion that your creator doesn't have to be the same Lineage as you was part of the game even back in 1e. In 2e, the nature of the generative act is more important than the nature of the one performing it, and “messing with the formula” is more likely to work; but that's a change in focus rather than the introduction of something new.

Comment

• I hope that in the book there is a chimera made by mad alchemist from his 12 year old daughter and they’r family dog

Comment

• Book's now being...eh..."prepped" to be sent off for approvals to nuWW.

Comment

Working...
                          X