Night Horrors: The Tormented

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    See, the way y'all feel about the Principle?

is how I feel about the Jovian.

Dis gunna be gud.
    I'm not quite sure I understand?

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcanist View Post

I'm not quite sure I understand?
      That's all right.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
      Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

Comment

• Can I say, I never expected to feel a little sorry for just about every sublimatus in the book? And one of the ones I don't, I kind of respect (Astrid)?

Even Mortimer, the self-proclaimed apostle of Flux, is kind of sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leliel View Post
          Can I say, I never expected to feel a little sorry for just about every sublimatus in the book? And one of the ones I don't, I kind of respect (Astrid)?

One of my goals for the four sublimati I wrote was to make sure they weren't exclusively ravening monsters. Yes, their motives mostly involve eating, but they do have other desires. Coeus is a (weird) idealist, Spark has a bit of empathy for animals, Daisy is a walking tragedy, and SK/23...well, SK/23 is kind of a jerk, actually? I don't know if I feel too bad for it.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
          Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

• Who else thinks the Jovian reminds them of a classical devil. Tbh I find that quite awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
              Who else thinks the Jovian reminds them of a classical devil. Tbh I find that quite awesome
              I agree 100%.

So I just read about the remnant known as Utley. Who made that Hollow because I fucking love the bastard

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
                Who else thinks the Jovian reminds them of a classical devil. Tbh I find that quite awesome
                Very much so. If the Principle is God (in that It guides Prometheans to a better future, the New Dawn), the Jovian is very much the Devil, existing to thwart the Principle's goals for Prometheans.

Comment

• Also, what kind of Bestowment do you think an ex-petrificatus Extempore would have (ie, a secondary Stuck created by another, only to have the full ritual finished by the result of an alchemical experiment, causing said Automaton to suddenly become self-aware and igniting the dormant Azoth within)?

I figure he could "sleepwalk", temporarily shutting down his conscious mind to access his old Stuck instincts in a situation where his Role knows more than his actual Skills. Of course, he's not actually a petrificatus, and his subconscious mind is working furiously; it's easy to socially influence him in this state by talking directly to his dreaming mind without an active bullshit filter, and if he's snapped out suddenly, it's in Torment.

Comment

• So I just read about the remnant known as Utley. Who made that Hollow because I fucking love the bastard

That'd be Jose Garcia.

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
                    One of my goals for the four sublimati I wrote was to make sure they weren't exclusively ravening monsters. Yes, their motives mostly involve eating, but they do have other desires. Coeus is a (weird) idealist, Spark has a bit of empathy for animals, Daisy is a walking tragedy, and SK/23...well, SK/23 is kind of a jerk, actually? I don't know if I feel too bad for it.
                    I set them up that way in the Corebook too. Sublimati are monsters, but they know it and some of them hope to be more (& sucks to be you if you're around when they find out they can't). They're supposed to tug on the heartstrings, and I'm very glad you continued that trend!

Freelance Author and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

• Wherever Jose Garcia is, i thank him for making such a stubborn, grumpy, vitriol stealing promethean that AINT a centimani
                      Last edited by Primordial newcomer; 11-09-2018, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leliel View Post
                        Can I say, I never expected to feel a little sorry for just about every sublimatus in the book? And one of the ones I don't, I kind of respect (Astrid)?

Hey, thank you very much! This made my week!
                        Last edited by Gimmisky; 11-09-2018, 01:11 AM.

Don't follow me, I'm lost too!

Comment

• Going to get a lot of use out of Rathbens, clones, super soldiers and hybrids. Nuharul is very well done, too, and I like the Hitchhiker a lot.
                          Last edited by nofather; 11-09-2018, 02:30 AM.

Comment

• Someone can describe on general how clones works in 2E? I missed those in 1E and I'm just curious how 'copying people by Divine Fire' as concept works.

LGBT+ in CoD games
                            Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
                            Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
                            Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
                            My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                              Someone can describe on general how clones works in 2E? I missed those in 1E and I'm just curious how 'copying people by Divine Fire' as concept works.
                              Whatever method you use to create a clone - growing them in a vat, developing them in a nutrient bath, etc. - you need Azoth to make the clone functional, and for that you need a Promethean. You can get the Azoth from the Promethean in a number of ways - remove a body part, extract it, liquefy the Promethean, etc.

The clone lasts a few years, and then it dies. Its lifespan can be extended, if so inclined, by the donation of further Azoth, each dot giving it another few years.

Clones are effectively puppets of their creators' wills, lacking true autonomy. They exist to serve whatever purpose their creator sees fit.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Working...
                              X