Night Horrors: The Tormented

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reseru View Post
    I'd love to see some example Exigents with new Bestowments.
    Exigent=Exalted; Extempore=Promethean. And while Is like too see more options for the Extempore, I'd rather it be in a new Player's Guide.

Comment

Man, I can't believe that I made that mistake. I know the differences and knew which went to which game, it was just a mistype.
      Last edited by reseru; 08-30-2017, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Huh. Nobody's been here for awhile...

Anyways, this bad boy's manuscript is off for approval.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
          Huh. Nobody's been here for awhile...

Anyways, this bad boy's manuscript is off for approval.
          Excellent!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

And now it's in Editing!

Comment

Sweet. I wonder how long it will be until we catch a glimpse for the antagonists.

Comment

Text is still in Editing, but now Art Direction has begun.

Comment

Hey everyone,

I'm the new developer for Tormented. The book is indeed in Art now, so that's good. I know it's taken us some time to get here, but I do think the end product will be amazing and I can't wait to get it to you. I wrote a blog post with a preview, so hopefully that will be up soon (developers write the blogs, and the website people post them). In the meantime I'm here to answer any questions you have!

~ Steffie

Freelance Author and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

Thank you very much. Very excited to see what the book has to offer.

Now if you don't mind.

1) Will there be anything interesting for the Qashmallim in the book?

2)Anything you can tell us about any new antagonists for the Created?

3) What is your favorite part of the book? Which Antagonist?

Comment

Is there anything about an interesting Sublimati in the book? Also, I think it was mentioned that the book is going to present a new "breed" of antagonists for Promethean- is it still the case?

And yeah, thank you. I'm really excited toward this book

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

I've got several questions; but I'll hold off on them until after your blog post hits.

Comment

1) Will there be anything interesting for the Qashmallim in the book?

The book has several ready-to-use qashmallim. We've also made a slight tweak to how the Divine Principle uses them - it's not a huge change, but it does allow you to create recurring qashmallim for that little personal touch ("omg not that dude again.... "). No new powers, since they do whatever you need them to do and that really sums it up. I feel like the ready-mades really present the perfect template for any qashmallim though: just fill in <x information> and your homemade messengers will be as detailed as you'd ever need.

2) Anything you can tell us about any new antagonists for the Created?

We're doing a new (de-)evolution of Prometheans, something that happens to them when they *really* fucked up the Pilgrimage. Those are brand new - one of our writers came up with the concept. The book also expands on rules and backgrounds for Clones and Zeky, which the corebook didn't have much room for. And the final chapter has a brand new Antagonist that's so awesome he/she gets a chapter all to themselves.

3) What is your favorite part of the book? Which Antagonist?

My personal favs are always the Centimani. Maybe I just have a thing for Flux, but I love the sense of chaos and despair, mingled with that 'eh, screw all of this' attitude.

Is there anything about an interesting Sublimati in the book?

Yup! I wrote the Pandoran section for the corebook and the sublimati are my favorite kind of freak. They're monsters, but also sentient so they know they're monstrous and maybe they want to be something more (question is then if they can be, which we deliberately leave unanswered). So yes, I'm very happy to say the new sublimati author came up with some brilliant monsters with a huge range.

Also, I think it was mentioned that the book is going to present a new "breed" of antagonists for Promethean- is it still the case?

We have the "wow, did you drop the ball" Prometheans, and Clones I mentioned above. Those are definitely antagonists, though the Clones might have a way out. Then there's Zeky, which are playable but come with dangers to their throng. The last chapter has a new antagonist that's both amazing and terrifying.

Comment

Originally posted by mistress of whispers View Post
                            The last chapter has a new antagonist that's both amazing and terrifying.
                            I might as well make a really off the wall guess : Wastelands that have somehow come to life.

Comment

Originally posted by mistress of whispers View Post
                              Hey everyone,

I'm the new developer for Tormented. The book is indeed in Art now, so that's good. I know it's taken us some time to get here, but I do think the end product will be amazing and I can't wait to get it to you. I wrote a blog post with a preview, so hopefully that will be up soon (developers write the blogs, and the website people post them). In the meantime I'm here to answer any questions you have!

~ Steffie
                              Hello Steffie. It's very kind of you to do that.

Could you tell me about new bestowements or merits and powers in general the antagonists have?

Does this book feature any new Lineages?

Do Alchemist have an specific power of their own,or do they just copy what Prometheans can do?

Does the book explores what the Divine Fire is more deeply?

Comment

I might as well make a really off the wall guess : Wastelands that have somehow come to life.

Oeh I like that!

Could you tell me about new bestowements or merits and powers in general the antagonists have?

We have new Flux powers, Bestowments for Zeky and a lost Lineage, and Merits and Conditions across the splats. Plenty to use in your own campaign.

Does this book feature any new Lineages?

Not brand new, but we do have a survivor of a previously presumed-lost Lineage.

Do Alchemist have an specific power of their own,or do they just copy what Prometheans can do?

In this book we're sticking to antagonist Alchemists stealing Promethean power.

Does the book explores what the Divine Fire is more deeply?

No, that's more a subject for a Player/ST Guide - and even then there's the question if we should. The corebook deliberately offers multiple answers on 'what is the Divine Princicple (and how/if does it relate to the God-Machine)' and I'm a big proponent of handling it that way. Pinning the Divine Principle down is on the one hand largely theoretical (it has little impact on Prometheans and the Pilgrimage), and on the other very significant since it's basically 'what/how/if is god'. So it might be left to individual tables.

Comment

Working...
                                X