No announcement yet.

Night Horrors: The Tormented

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh so we have a singular antagonist who has a whole chapter to thereself? Well call me intrigued, now I'm wondering what exactly this big bad is gonna be.

Will this Lost lineage be one we know of or is it something brand new?

Curious on the change that can allow for recurring Dominions. Also I agree with your stance on the Principle, it's ambiguous nature is good for individual storytelling. That said it being pretty vague while it is useful, seeing some exploration into the Divine Fire, whether it's elaborating a bit on the natures of what it is tangiblly like pyros/elpis/flux or see how it interacts with other parts of the setting would be interesting. So basically what I'm saying it's good to keep What the Principle is unanswered, but more on how it the the Divine Fire interacts with the world that the Created lives in would be cool, we've already have some of that in Qashmallim and Firestorms, but more stuff will always be fun. That's my stance on it anyhow.

(Like one thing I want to see explored is the ramifications of how when a Prommie achieves the New Dawn it's Azoth not only changes it but also changes the world around him to provide him a background? I only would have thought to see such reality editing in Demon or Mage so seeing it in Promethean was very interesting. As it hinted exactly on how powerful the Divine Fire really is. That's really interesting to see if it could do other similar effects to explore how that makes it seem metaphysical)

Man now I want an ST guide so badly, but hey it's never bad wishing for more books, especially for something as fun as Promethean.
    Last edited by Iceblade44; 06-06-2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mistress of whispers View Post
      1) Will there be anything interesting for the Qashmallim in the book?

The book has several ready-to-use qashmallim. We've also made a slight tweak to how the Divine Principle uses them - it's not a huge change, but it does allow you to create recurring qashmallim for that little personal touch (&quot;omg not that dude again.... &quot. No new powers, since they do whatever you need them to do and that really sums it up. I feel like the ready-mades really present the perfect template for any qashmallim though: just fill in <x information> and your homemade messengers will be as detailed as you'd ever need.

2) Anything you can tell us about any new antagonists for the Created?

We're doing a new (de-)evolution of Prometheans, something that happens to them when they *really* fucked up the Pilgrimage. Those are brand new - one of our writers came up with the concept. The book also expands on rules and backgrounds for Clones and Zeky, which the corebook didn't have much room for. And the final chapter has a brand new Antagonist that's so awesome he/she gets a chapter all to themselves.

3) What is your favorite part of the book? Which Antagonist?

My personal favs are always the Centimani. Maybe I just have a thing for Flux, but I love the sense of chaos and despair, mingled with that 'eh, screw all of this' attitude.

Is there anything about an interesting Sublimati in the book?

Yup! I wrote the Pandoran section for the corebook and the sublimati are my favorite kind of freak. They're monsters, but also sentient so they know they're monstrous and maybe they want to be something more (question is then if they can be, which we deliberately leave unanswered). So yes, I'm very happy to say the new sublimati author came up with some brilliant monsters with a huge range.

Also, I think it was mentioned that the book is going to present a new &quot;breed&quot; of antagonists for Promethean- is it still the case?

We have the &quot;wow, did you drop the ball&quot; Prometheans, and Clones I mentioned above. Those are definitely antagonists, though the Clones might have a way out. Then there's Zeky, which are playable but come with dangers to their throng. The last chapter has a new antagonist that's both amazing and terrifying.
      Thanks Steffie

Comment

Hey everyone,

I'm the new developer for Tormented. The book is indeed in Art now, so that's good. I know it's taken us some time to get here, but I do think the end product will be amazing and I can't wait to get it to you. I wrote a blog post with a preview, so hopefully that will be up soon (developers write the blogs, and the website people post them). In the meantime I'm here to answer any questions you have!

~ Steffie
        Dearest Steffie. I would like to know:

Will anything on this book be related to the Contagion Chronicle?

Will any of the demiurges presented be of supernatural origin distinct from the Prometheans?

Do centimanus forms throng with others centimanus?

Can centimanus be cunning planners,or does Flux dissolve their minds?

How long can a Centimanus live?

Will the book present Prometheans made from Animals?

Comment

Oh wow thanks for the teasers!

Any example Extempore with or without example Bestowments to go along?

Comment

Originally posted by Acopiltaczet View Post

Dearest Steffie. I would like to know:

Will any of the demiurges presented be of supernatural origin distinct from the Prometheans?

I wonder if there will be Prometheans "defects"? The Game kind of plays on the same theme from the 1930 Freak movie that is rejection and even Burton has already worked a mix of Frankenstein with Freaks on Edward Scissorhands. So is there a chance we have prometeans who have members replaced by Siamese objects or twins?

Comment

Thanks Steffie! We really appreciate the teasers.

I think everything I would have asked has already been put out there. The only real questions I have left is if there are more Promethean books planned beyond Contaigon and DE2 (along with a corollary), but that probably isn't answerable at this time.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Hello Steffie! Most of my questions have already been answered, so I just wanted to thank you for dropping by. This has me very excited for the book, Promethean is already a line I really enjoy and the concepts presented in the book sound like they'll give it even more depth. I'm especially looking forward to the Zeky rules, they're one of my favorite Lineages.

Comment

Hey everyone,

I'm the new developer for Tormented. The book is indeed in Art now, so that's good. I know it's taken us some time to get here, but I do think the end product will be amazing and I can't wait to get it to you. I wrote a blog post with a preview, so hopefully that will be up soon (developers write the blogs, and the website people post them). In the meantime I'm here to answer any questions you have!

~ Steffie
                  Hey.

Does the book have anything about the Redeemed?

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post

Hey.

Why would it? Unless your gonna have Redeemed as antagonists?

Comment

Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post

Why would it? Unless your gonna have Redeemed as antagonists?
                      The possibility of which was what I was wondering about, yes.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Thanks for all the interest and questions everyone! Glad to see you're as excited as I am.

Will this Lost lineage be one we know of or is it something brand new?

The Lost Lineage has made an appearance before. With another Dark Eras book on the way, we didn't want to use Tormented to introduce yet another historical Lineage. So instead we're building on something we've already seen before.

Curious on the change that can allow for recurring Dominions.

It's really a very small tweak, so don't expect too much. Our goal was simply "can we come up with an IC reason that allows Storytellers to use their OOC favorite qasmallim" and, turns out, we could.

more on how it the the Divine Fire interacts with the world that the Created lives in would be cool

I definitely agree there. We know it's quite powerful, yet we've broached so little of how that power expresses itself. That's not something for a Night Horrors book, but if we get a Guide it could fit there. Same goes for New Dawn editing reality.

No, for two reasons. First is that the Contagion Chronicle was but a speck in Matthew Dawkin's eye when we were writing this one. Second is that we deliberately steered away from the God-Machine. You can definitely see traces of it, on account of the God-Machine being so cool that the book's writers couldn't resist, but we didn't want to delve too deeply into the God-Machine chronicles for what is very much a Promethean book.

No, our demiurges so are human.

Centimanus are Prometheans on a different, more destructive Refinement. This Refinement, Flux, doesn't advance the Pilgrimage, which is of course a problem. But they live as long as they normally would, can form throngs (with other Centimani and 'regular' Prometheans), and be very cunning. If they wanted to, they could even try to switch back from Flux to another Refinement - they usually just don't want to, because Flux is insidious in an almost addictive way.

No, but we do have clones with animal DNA - think Dark Angel (the tv series) rather than Doctor Moreau though.

Any example Extempore with or without example Bestowments to go along?

One the first blog is up, you can comment on what you want to see next. Make sure to post Extempore then!

I wonder if there will be Prometheans "defects"? (...) So is there a chance we have prometeans who have members replaced by Siamese objects or twins?

You mean like scissor hands, but not as part of the Unfleshed? Prometheans endeavor to be human. So if they lose a limb, they're more likely to regrow it or leave it be, than stick a foreign object in. So while Pandorans or Clones might do that, it doesn't really make sense for a Promethean (unless they're Unfleshed, in which case they don't have much of a choice).

No antagonist Redeemed, though we have a mortal Hunter whose mind is so confused that you could easily rule she's a Redeemed. In general though, we aim for Redemption as a good thing - it shouldn't make you an enemy of the people you once (presumably) loved.

Freelance Author and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

No, but we do have clones with animal DNA - think Dark Angel (the tv series) rather than Doctor Moreau though.
                          As a Dark Angel fan, I am extremely pleased seeing this.

Also, now I wonder if the "mystery antagonist" is the hunter, or the Lost Lineage survivor (which is either Amirani or Hollow, I assume, as those are practically the only options I'm aware of :P)

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                            As a Dark Angel fan, I am extremely pleased seeing this.

Also, now I wonder if the "mystery antagonist" is the hunter, or the Lost Lineage survivor (which is either Amirani or Hollow, I assume, as those are practically the only options I'm aware of :P)
                            This book is officiliay in Post-Editing development know. Can you feel the Nuclear heat of the Zeky,do You hear the Amirani Preaching Fire and Brimstone?Does your mind burn with disquiet yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                              Can you feel the Nuclear heat of the Zeky,do You hear the Amirani Preaching Fire and Brimstone?Does your mind burn with disquiet yet?
                              Does your heart pound at the thought of the unknown enemy and its fearful mysteries?

Comment

Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
                                Does your heart pound at the thought of the unknown enemy and its fearful mysteries?
                                *agrees in flux*

Comment

Working...
                                X