No announcement yet.

Night Horrors: The Tormented

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the author of the devolved Prometheans, I can't wait for you all to read about them.

Comment

mistress of whispers What can we know, if anything, about Clones in 2E? Themes, mechanical trends?

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

I'm not 100% sure if Steffie talks about Tormented in her Pathcast interview, but she has talked a lot of Promethean in the parts I've listened to so far.

http://theonyxpath.com/episode-eight...nd-promethean/

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

No Tormented talk in the podcast, but we go far and wide on the rest of Promethean. I hope listeners enjoy it!

What can we know, if anything, about Clones in 2E? Themes, mechanical trends?

We started with their 1E representation and built on that, so there might be things you recognize. Clones are not made by Genitors, so they lack the will and spark to walk the Pilgrimage. However, as most things to do with the Divine Fire, there's an out for that. We also delve into clones spliced with animal DNA. Neither is intended as a PC, but both can be used as the jump-off for one: you could be a clone in your prelude and then move from there.

The chapter doesn't go into mechanics, since making a clone is by ST-fiat (it's done by a Rathben--a special kind of scientist--which is an NPC) and playing one in your prelude can be done with Promethean character creation rules (maybe with Azoth/Transmutations/etc reduced, at ST discretion).

The authors of the chapter present a LOT of material on the people and companies who make clones, and what they want/need Prometheans for, so that is great fodder for any ST (or players who want to use a Rathben in their background).

Freelance Author and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
            Does your heart pound at the thought of the unknown enemy and its fearful mysteries?
            *Grabs excitedly with hundred-hands*

Keep in mind that post-editing development is where lay-out, art, replacing all 'p.xx' references with actual page numbers, etc come in. So this is another one of those long stretches. We are nearing the end though, and I'm very excited to get the book out to readers. The authors really knocked it out of the park & the book is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by mistress of whispers View Post

What can we know, if anything, about Clones in 2E? Themes, mechanical trends?

We started with their 1E representation and built on that, so there might be things you recognize. Clones are not made by Genitors, so they lack the will and spark to walk the Pilgrimage. However, as most things to do with the Divine Fire, there's an out for that. We also delve into clones spliced with animal DNA. Neither is intended as a PC, but both can be used as the jump-off for one: you could be a clone in your prelude and then move from there.

The chapter doesn't go into mechanics, since making a clone is by ST-fiat (it's done by a Rathben--a special kind of scientist--which is an NPC) and playing one in your prelude can be done with Promethean character creation rules (maybe with Azoth/Transmutations/etc reduced, at ST discretion).

The authors of the chapter present a LOT of material on the people and companies who make clones, and what they want/need Prometheans for, so that is great fodder for any ST (or players who want to use a Rathben in their background).
              Thanks, Steffie. I was more wondering "what is a Clone?" Mechanically: Mostly human with a few changes, mostly Promethean with a few changes, a non-feral Pandoran, something entirely new mechanically, etc. I think you pretty much answered it as "Promethean, with a lot of the bits filed off" above.

Comment

Indeed, Prometheans call clones "the half-formed" and that's really quite a good nomer.

Comment

mistress of whispers, can you tell us about anything that was planned to go into the book, but didn't make the final cut?

For that matter, do you have any game ideas that are as-of-yet just "fan material"?

Comment

Man, finally reading this topic, I'm extremely excited for this book. Thanks for taking the time to answer everyone's questions and hype us up devs!

Comment

Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
                      mistress of whispers, can you tell us about anything that was planned to go into the book, but didn't make the final cut?

For that matter, do you have any game ideas that are as-of-yet just "fan material"?
                      Everything in the outline made it into the final product. No cuts.

We drew on 1E books, alchemical legends, and the creativity of our authors. No fan material.

Comment

We drew on 1E books, alchemical legends, and the creativity of our authors. No fan material.
                        I think they meant stuff you and others mused at putting in but didn’t develop further into official stuff, hence “fan material.” Like all the stuff Werewolf writers posted on the Werewolf forum.

Alchemical legends. Intriguing...

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Is there anything introduced in the book that you would like seeing elaborated on in future books? I understand if you must be vague or [REDACTED], I was just wondering if you thought some of the material introduced could lead to more like it.

Comment

Is there anything introduced in the book that you would like seeing elaborated on in future books?

The book is quite complete. We talk about Clone backgrounds before presenting Clone and Rathben antagonists. We give complete rules on playing a Zeka before moving on to Zeky antagonists. Everything new in the book has a bow tied around it--it's complete and ready to use. Now if you all read it and come back with "love Clones and would like detailed rules on playing one in a prelude" or "please give us more about Rathbens" then that is definitely something we'd consider for future books. But as-is I'm looking at the book and it is a finished product with no loose ends. Which is a pretty amazing feat by our writers tbh.

Comment

Tormented blog post at the link:

http://theonyxpath.com/night-horrors...n-the-created/

Comment

Well shit. Didn't think being stuck in a Role would be so...hazardous.

Comment

Working...
                                X