Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mistress of whispers. I got a few Zeky questions

1)What can tell us about Irradiation?
    2)Does Tsar Bomb or maybe Skin Girl return?
    3)Does any of their 1e bestowements return?

Comment

I have to admit I wasn't expecting something like the Petrificatus but I really like them.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
        I have to admit I wasn't expecting something like the Petrificatus but I really like them.
        Petrificus Totallus!

Comment

Thank you very much, Steffie! I'm so happy to see my murderous, tragic, exploding P-Zombies in a preview.

Comment

These are like a much better version of the Homunculi I was writing up a while back. I love how they can self-propagate. And also, they remind me of the Hollow from Dark Souls (and reinforces my idea that Dark Souls is a spectacular influence for Promethean chronicles).

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

Is anyone else perplexed by the Dramatic Failure effect? It references the dice pool, but Dramatic Failure can generally only happen if you roll a chance die meaning the vast majority of Dramatic Failure rolls will result in 0 Pandorans, which is very much preferred to the regular Failure effect.

Bloodline: The Stygians
              Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
              Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

I think it should be 'Unmodified dice pool'. It was in my first draft, but seems I accidentally dropped it somewhere along the line. Essentially, penalties for Wastelands and older bodies reduce the dice pool to a chance die, which should then cause Pandorans. Lots of Pandorans.

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                  Is anyone else perplexed by the Dramatic Failure effect? It references the dice pool, but Dramatic Failure can generally only happen if you roll a chance die meaning the vast majority of Dramatic Failure rolls will result in 0 Pandorans, which is very much preferred to the regular Failure effect.
                  Those question marks in the Creation Modifiers table are minuses, which probably means reference the unmodified dicepool.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                  Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post

You can get a beat by choosing to convert a regular Failure into a Dramatic Failure.

Edit: But I guess it'll usually be STs rolling these, right? Never mind, then.

Comment

• Originally posted by mistress of whispers View Post
                      So are they the unknown antagonist we've been waiting for?

Comment

• Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
                        So are they the unknown antagonist we've been waiting for?
                        There are things yet to be revealed.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
                        Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

• Dear me, the petrificati are just... sad. (Their existence, not the writing’s quality!)

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• Can Promeathans harvest the Vitriol Experience from these beings? I mean if they are beyond help, they can at least still be useful, and profitable.

Heck capture one and use to your advantage, maybe even trade one to an Alchemist in exchange for a service or the release of an allied Promeathan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
                              Can Promeathans harvest the Vitriol Experience from these beings? I mean if they are beyond help, they can at least still be useful, and profitable.

Heck capture one and use to your advantage, maybe even trade one to an Alchemist in exchange for a service or the release of an allied Promeathan.
                              Nothing says you can't. And what if someone harvests Vitriol from them, only for it to turn out they CAN be helped? They are walking philosophical conundrums for players. Does performing the lacuna count as a breaking point? What if they're Tormented? Do Automatons even experience torment? What's their relationship to Flux? That's all for the Storyteller to decide.

There was a small section that *may* have been cut talking about Alchemists who know about the Petrificati and how they will hunt down even the barest rumors of them, due to the ease of harvesting Vitriol. Do the players protect the Stuck, or harvest them for themselves, or possibly use them as bait or barter?

Comment

• These guys are literally perfect in portraying the tragedy of the promethean condition at its most heartbreaking. I'm sure my GM friends will be glad to have an easy yet incredibly poignant opportunity to use petrificatus for more emotional sessions.

Thank you to the writers putting their time into night horrors: the tormented!

Comment

Working...
                                X