disquiet and wasteland in 2nd ed...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disquiet and wasteland in 2nd ed...

Disquiet and wastelands were two big turn-off for me in 1st edition. Now, the 2nd edition is out and I would like to know if wasteland and disquiet are more easy to handle this time...

I think they are.

Comment

Disquiet is a borderline nonissue at Azoth 1 and relatively weak at 2 and 3, but from there, it gets NASTY.

Comment

What about the wastelands? In 1st edition your character was able to ruin a town just sleeping in his bed! What about now?

Comment

Generally not so bad. It takes a lot to get a wasteland above the size of one building.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Also: if you stay in one place for long enough, you'll generate a Wasteland; but that's only because if you stay in one place long enough, you'll end up doing something that generates a Wasteland. It's no longer directly caused by your mere presence.

Comment

So, with some caution, now a character can enjoy a sedentary life-style?

Comment

Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
                So, with some caution, now a character can enjoy a sedentary life-style?
                No. Disquiet and wasteland aren't as punishing, but they will eventually cause problems for the sedentary Promethean. Moreover, such a Promethean is likely to get stuck in a rut with regards to their Refinenents and Roles, which carries its own problems. A Promethean need not stay constantly on the move any more, but they must pursue their Pilgrimage in some way. Stagnation is anathema.

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Mostly, yes. It's still advisable to move around a bit; but that can be more akin to going on a vacation than leading a nomadic lifestyle: basically, there are some events that will happen eventually that will imposed or worsen a Wasteland; but they tend to be things that a Promethean can anticipate, letting him leave home just long enough to ensure they happen elsewhere.

Comment

And what about objects? If the prometean owns a veichle, it will cruble due to the wasteland too?

Comment

Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
                      And what about objects? If the prometean owns a veichle, it will cruble due to the wasteland too?
                      Probably not, as long as they're careful.

Comment

Working...
                      X