Titan's throwing a person

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titan's throwing a person

So my Promethean has the alembic(azoth to strength) with the distillation where you can multiply your strength by up to 4 times for throwing stuff. Also, the one where you add 3 to strength and 1 to dex. AND the one where you can roll strength + athletics+ azoth(currently 2, close to making it 3) and add successes to athletic endeavors.

The question is, once all this stuff is done, for the purpose of throwing stuff, I can get a strength in the 30's easily. If I throw a person...how much damage is a throw of 20-100 yards doing to an enemy? Like...if i grapple a human, i accept that the last distillation doesn't count, because i'm in combat. But my strength is still gonna be 8, then at least tripled, if not quadrupled, and their size may be reduced by 1 or 2. So that means I throw a standard person 32(strength) +3(dex) +3(athletics)-3(size minus 2 from distillation successes) for short range=35 yards, medium=70, and long 140...and twice long for 280 yards...seriously...Am I killing stuff, or just gently tossing them a few city blocks?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_392_1519878565794_106[/ATTACH]

There's falling damage in the book, I think, but yeah, you throw a normal person that far, in all probability they're dead.

Did your character learn something?

Comment

He will, once we rule that throwing a person does that damage. So far, he has only done it to an antagonist Promethean who was very tough and therefore was just lobbed "off screen."

Comment

Off the direct topic, but if they were a character that had powers, I'd give them a turn during "air time" at which to use some reinforcing or teleportation powers to prevent being splatted.

As normal humans lack such powers/options, they can spend the turn regretting their life choices that brought them to this point.
        Last edited by Vent0; 05-18-2018, 06:01 PM.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Solid idea Vent0. I'll toss that idea to the other GMs.

Comment

Heh heh, toss that idea.

*easily amused*

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
            Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
            Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

Comment

I believe the rules use size for damage, so it works like a normal thrown object if you damage someone *else* with them. Successes+Size.

As for the damage they take, just use the falling rules based on the distance they would be thrown, even if they stop short, say via a concrete wall or something.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchonAres View Post
                I believe the rules use size for damage, so it works like a normal thrown object if you damage someone *else* with them. Successes+Size.

As for the damage they take, just use the falling rules based on the distance they would be thrown, even if they stop short, say via a concrete wall or something.

So you're saying that if a titan uses a person as a baseball/Javelin/keg toss, if they collide with another person, that person would take the throw damage(falling damage distance) plus size(5 for most people) right? And if you threw someone say, 50 yards, but they stop at 5, they would take the 10 lethal as that passes terminal velocity? Or would you count less falling damage but also include damage for collision(say a wall or car)?

I'm the first person in our group to play a Promethean, and we are starting with 2nd edition rules...so we aren't sure if this is even supposed to be in the capabilities, or if we just found an extremely violent, deadly loophole.

Comment

Well, that equivalent Strength making a punch will probably turn someone into paste anyways, so the lethality is likely fine.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                  Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearPig View Post

So you're saying that if a titan uses a person as a baseball/Javelin/keg toss, if they collide with another person, that person would take the throw damage(falling damage distance) plus size(5 for most people) right? And if you threw someone say, 50 yards, but they stop at 5, they would take the 10 lethal as that passes terminal velocity? Or would you count less falling damage but also include damage for collision(say a wall or car)?

I'm the first person in our group to play a Promethean, and we are starting with 2nd edition rules...so we aren't sure if this is even supposed to be in the capabilities, or if we just found an extremely violent, deadly loophole.
                    Normal thrown is success+size or durability, I believe, whichever is lower. I'd utilize that for damage to other persons. I'd use falling damage with the modifications above to simulate the damage they take themselves.

Comment

Working...
                    X