Can I get help creating a Galatean?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get help creating a Galatean?

Okay, so I'm having some trouble finding flaws and the like for my character, but I can fairly quickly and easily.

The basic concept is a teenage boy Galatean, created by a Galatean woman and her Frankenstein Beaux as their perfect child. Personality-wise, he's a gentle and beautiful giant, with his Elpis being Love and his Torment being Vengeance or Wrath. IE He's a being of passion, both gentle and violent ones. Archetype-wise he'll be similar to Sloth from The Goonies or Max from Freak The Mighty. With some variations. He's a big, dumb, and gentle giant, with the mind of a child (literally) and looks like a teenager of about 15-16 years old.

The two flaws I was thinking of were something like Unsupervised Minor and Mind of a Child. And as for his Bestowment, I was thinking Titan's Strength if at all possible, but if not, then Otherworldly Mien.

Here's the sheet I'm currently working on.
    https://filehost.net/1f8d53dded77ded0

Technically, a Promethean only has one “parent”: the one who invested the spark of Azoth that animated him. That said, rules are made to be broken; and breaking the rules by giving a Galeteid a Wretched Bestowment seems appropriate here: say that his “father” mixed a bit of his own Azoth with his “mother's” contribution, and that the result miraculously worked even though it shouldn't have — with his mother's Azoth dominating in most regards, but hints of his father's Azoth peeking through every now and then (such as the determination of his Bestowment).

Other than that, I'm not sure what I can contribute. You seem to have a rather strong handle on what you want for the character.

Comment

Dataweaver Care to share thoughts on my idea for his Torment? The idea is that he’s ruled by his passions. Love and to anyone who hurts those he cares for, wrath or vengeance.

The concept that came to mind while planning him, was that scene from the Universal Pictures version of Frankenstein, where the monster comes across the young girl.

The idea is that Jamie will be a friend to children and animals, a truly gentle giant. What caused him to be seperated from his mother, was him befriending a young blind girl. When she was strangled to death by her father, he went NUTS in his zeal to make the son of a bitch PAY for hurting his friend Ellie.

He isn’t simply violent in torment, but rather he’s violently almost primally protective of those he cares for, and if you hurt ANY of them, may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

First, I really wish 2e had called it something other than Torment: as things stand, Torment refers to two separate things that are similar but distinct: one of the Anchors that helps determine how you regain Willpower, and the state of mind that's the Promethean counterpart to Vampire's Frenzy. The former is customized on an individual basis; the latter is tied to your Lineage.

(Personally, I refer to the Anchors as Elpis and Flux, as there's a long-standing Tradition of that pair of words being used in Promethean to refer to hope and despair, or creation and destruction, etc.)
        Last edited by Dataweaver; 05-24-2018, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
          First, I really wish 2e had called it something other than Torment: as things stand, Torment refers to two separate things that are similar but distinct: one of the Anchors that helps determine how you regain Willpower, and the state of mind that's the Promethean counterpart to Vampire's Frenzy. The former is customized on an individual basis; the latter is tied to your Lineage.
          The latter is also directly impacted by the former both mechanically and narratively, directly impacts the former in a potential feedback loop, and was sharing conceptual real estate with more negative Anchors like Vice and serving as a nigh-omnipresent narrative backdrop even in 1e. It's a natural hurdle for the Created to overcome in a way that Flux is not.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
          Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
            First, I really wish 2e had called it something other than Torment: as things stand, Torment refers to two separate things that are similar but distinct
            Agony or Dolor seem like pretty good options for renaming one of them.

Back to the OP, a quote from the Galatea writeup says: "When Muses fall into Torment, it usually has something to do with one of their emotional connections. In addition to the triggers all Prometheans share, Galateids surrender to Torment when they are slighted or rejected or when someone they love is in danger." Playing up that last part sounds like it fits your kid very well - maybe he also feels rejected when he perceives those he loves as not so intrinsically driven to protect him.

Comment

I don't really see the problem with Torment being an Anchor and a physical state, for one thing because of a promethean's alchemical state, it makes sense why they are one and the same, there humors are a testament of physical components mixing with psychological effects. Also comparing Torment to something like Frenzy doesn't really match up since Torment is much more subtle as it changes your personality compared to Frenzy is just a berserk rage making you either kill, eat, or flee. Which is why Frenzy is played as a different state mechanics wise while Torment is just a Condition. The Torment you get from your lineage and what you have as your anchor combine to form how you roleplay while you are Tormented, as your body and mind merge now that your humors are imbalanced

Comment

Working...
              X