Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer: Prometheans Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Satchel View Post
    The Extempore writeup's section on Torment gives examples that involve the humour existing in abundance and the humour draining away — Torment is more informed by the humour's qualities and defined by their being imbalance. Mana being a commanding/declarative/reinforcing "substance" that doesn't do much on its own, it seemed reasonable to link it with Purpose, particularly in relation to a Promethean made out of a spell-forged Mana-body.
    Right. I think was over focusing on the practice of bloodletting as a means to drain excess humours, which was my introduction to the concept of humours. I think I’ve settled on the imbalance being that the Tass drains away. That can lead a number places conceptually. I believe I’m beginning see your point about Purpose, when one loses clarity, one may fall back into what one was made for.

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
    There's a lot to work with in what overlap exists between Flux and the Abyss, to be sure.
    I wonder if the Fire exstends into the Abyss, and if Gulmoth ever desire to be truly real…

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
    I technically finished Hunter 1e six months ago, then had a stopover reading a couple of bluebooks and getting started at a new job. Changed the signature late last month and am currently still early in the corebook for Demon; juggling with other media means it's fallen a little by the wayside next to keeping up with ongoing feeds and clearing shorter lists, but it's been a solid reminder.
    Heh, sorry for the belated congratulations then. You have much more dedication than I. I meant to finish writing that tell Anathema for the Beast thread forever ago, but turns out that I’m bad at juggling work life and sleep. I wish you luck on your journey though all the books.

Edit:
    Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
    You might also want to look at the Tammuz; in 2e, it was reworked to be about language.
    Will do. Unfortunately, I’ve in all likelihood run out of free time again. I’d like to thank everyone, y’all been a massive help. Hope all of you have a great day/night.
    Last edited by TempleBuilder; 04-25-2022, 01:01 AM.

To whomever reads this, I hope you have a good day/night. May you be Happy.

So, I made some Mage Legacies here, with some help. They vary in quality, but I hope you take a look at them. Every one contains pieces of me, for better or worse.

Comment

• Here's my question for today.

According to rules seems that any interaction with humans can be pretty dangerous to prometheans.

But there's actually no way for a promethean to forge an healty relationship with the people around him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
        Here's my question for today.

According to rules seems that any interaction with humans can be pretty dangerous to prometheans.

But there's actually no way for a promethean to forge an healty relationship with the people around him?
        It’s difficult, like most things worth doing, but Promethean is a game about miracles. The True Friend merit subtracts 5 dice from any disquiet roll, and there are Transmutations to eliminate or subvert the harshness of disquiet. Sometimes someone just has enough heart to love despite the disquiet. Nothing says you can’t tell your life story to the old man in the shack, and he won’t sympathize. Sometimes, the world is kind. Sometimes, a flower blooms in the Wastes.

So, I made some Mage Legacies here, with some help. They vary in quality, but I hope you take a look at them. Every one contains pieces of me, for better or worse.

Comment

Bearing in mind that the Disquieted Condition doesn't progress past Stage Two without a Wasteland or an exceptional success on Disquiet rolls, any Promethean can voluntarily lower their Azoth rating with the lowered rating being the only consequence, yes, a Promethean who wishes to be around people for any length of time in an engaging fashion will eventually at least have a relatively unpleasant relationship with almost everyone who they deal with regularly.

A number of Transmutations can help with this, including the Hygeius Corporeum Alembic and the Internalize Disquietism Alembic, but dice rolls are dice rolls. Unless you're extremely careful to stick to a Hovel the Wasteland will build up around you and make things worse, and being that careful is generally at odds with the experiential necessities of the Pilgrimage — you're not going to learn much about humanity if you never leave your RV.

Resident Lore-Hound
          Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by TempleBuilder View Post
            It’s difficult, like most things worth doing, but Promethean is a game about miracles. The True Friend merit subtracts 5 dice from any disquiet roll, and there are Transmutations to eliminate or subvert the harshness of disquiet. Sometimes someone just has enough heart to love despite the disquiet. Nothing says you can’t tell your life story to the old man in the shack, and he won’t sympathize. Sometimes, the world is kind. Sometimes, a flower blooms in the Wastes.
            Also remember that to resolve stage 1 disquiet it s sufficient to stay away from someone for a week.
            I suppose you can create healty relationship with people meeting them once a week, and using phones on other days

Comment

• Originally posted by TempleBuilder View Post
              The True Friend merit subtracts 5 dice from any disquiet roll.
              I can t find any rule about this.

Do you mean this passage
              "Any rolls to influence a True Friend against your character suffer a five-die penalty" ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

I can t find any rule about this.

Do you mean this passage
                "Any rolls to influence a True Friend against your character suffer a five-die penalty" ?
                Yes. Disquiet is a supernatural effect that influences people against your character. I would very skeptical of an argument saying it didn’t work. True Love empowering one to resist mind control is a common trope, this merit just facilitates that trope.

Edit:Grammar
                Last edited by TempleBuilder; 04-30-2022, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Now an aesthetic question.

I'm working on a unfleshed character born from a crash test dummy. Since dummies are usually faceless, I were wondering if the azoth illusion is so powerful to grant a functional face to a faceless promethean.

And also: the unfleshed can eat food?

Comment

Now an aesthetic question.

I'm working on a unfleshed character born from a crash test dummy. Since dummies are usually faceless, I were wondering if the azoth illusion is so powerful to grant a functional face to a faceless promethean.

And also: the unfleshed can eat food?
                    Some extempores are made entirely of natural elements so i think that the azoth illusion are complex enough to mask these details.
                    As for Unfleshed, nothing suggests that they doesn t share the universal digestion of other prometheans

Comment

Working...
                    X