No announcement yet.

Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer: Prometheans Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the Plumbum ability mean you can heal bashing to get Pyros, or that you can cause bashing damage to yourself to get Pyros?

Comment

Originally posted by The Third King View Post
      Does the Plumbum ability mean you can heal bashing to get Pyros, or that you can cause bashing damage to yourself to get Pyros?
      The latter.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
      Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

So, I had an Extempore that was killed and had his body burned to a crisp in a burning building.
        He had an Aznothic Object as well as the Osiran bestowment Revivification.. I was just wondering if there were any twist of rules or wording that could bring him back?

Comment

What was the characteristic of the Extrempore? I mean from off-set since he was completely destroyed there's really nothing you can do to bring him back, normally that is. Given the crazy nature of the Extrempore you can probably make a house rule to allow that such a scenario. But it should come at a drawback given that he was completely destroyed. Like from what you already said my first thought was thinking him reforming out of the Azothic object. But if he does how does he do it and what would change, because it's gonna be different from just remaking your original body. I was thinking along the lines of a sorta pseudo-Unfleshed or at least gaining traits of it. Of course this all depends on exactly the theme of you character, what makes them Extrempore and how you could work that in you see. This is all gotta have to be house-ruled and created, I'd think because nothing is coming to my head just going by the rules, but if you want it and your ST is okay with. Do it.

Comment

You could even treat this as a major change to how the character's Revivification works - now, instead of regenerating their body, they reincarnate inside/through a new body/object nearby.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

My original thought was that his Azothic object contained a part of his divine fire, and since it was left behind it could be the vessel that his soul returns to since his body was destroyed.
              Unfortunately, the rules on revivification state that if the heart is destroyed, there is no coming back. Was hoping a more rules literate player might have an idea that I'd have missed.
              The character's bestowment was basically the Osiran's Revivification, so he's gone down multiple times in his own backstory... this is just the first time in play.

Comment

Originally posted by Raktus View Post
                My original thought was that his Azothic object contained a part of his divine fire, and since it was left behind it could be the vessel that his soul returns to since his body was destroyed.
                Unfortunately, the rules on revivification state that if the heart is destroyed, there is no coming back. Was hoping a more rules literate player might have an idea that I'd have missed.
                The character's bestowment was basically the Osiran's Revivification, so he's gone down multiple times in his own backstory... this is just the first time in play.
                Prometheans are walking exceptions, and Extempore more so. Just say that in this specific PCs case the heart isn't necessary.

Comment

Yeah. The very first Extempore back in 1E had as his specific gimmick that he would always somehow come back from death unless immersed in water, and if your PC centers around Revivification already, you've got a great excuse to come back somehow. Maybe he thought that he needed his heart, because Osirans do, and now he learns that it's different for him. The rules justification is that Extempore explicitly don't follow the rules other Created do, which raises them up but also makes them more alone. What else has he been assuming about himself that he'll have to reconsider now?

2E Legacy Updates
                  Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
                  Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
                  Storm Keepers

Comment

Hello, I have a question concerning consuming food and generating Pyros. On page 169 under Constitution, it mentions consumption creating Pyros. However, it doesn't mention how much Pyros is gained in this method. Are we reading this right or is it worded poorly or are we just dumb?

Comment

Originally posted by Rahuman101 View Post
                      Hello, I have a question concerning consuming food and generating Pyros. On page 169 under Constitution, it mentions consumption creating Pyros. However, it doesn't mention how much Pyros is gained in this method.
                      Because that's not a method of gaining Pyros. It might serve as a partial explanation for where the Pyros generated by other triggers comes from, but that sentence is essentially just saying "food consumed by a Promethean does not remain physically present in the Promethean once consumed."

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                      Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

It's explaining the mechanics of how Promethean digestion works; it's not talking about a means of recovering points of Pyros. Think of it as trace elements infused into the normal workings of the Promethean's humours. Enough to keep the body moving.

Comment

Thanks. We where very confused about that.

Comment

Is there any mention of alchemical, grown in a jar, homunculi in the books? Either as a Lineage of something else, I'm looking for all we might have about those

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Originally posted by Cinder View Post
                              Is there any mention of alchemical, grown in a jar, homunculi in the books? Either as a Lineage of something else, I'm looking for all we might have about those
                              Clones, maybe?

Comment

The Persistent benefit of Vitality's Unfettered Alembic, adding Azoth to your Strength score for purposes of breaking free of grapples or restraints, is strictly worse than the Persistent benefit of the Unconquered Alembic, which adds Azoth to Strength for all purposes. I would have expected Unfettered to have some additional feature. Has this been clarified anywhere?

Comment

Working...
                                X