Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer: Prometheans Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brighthand View Post
    I would have expected Unfettered to have some additional feature.
    The "additional feature" is that it's attached to a different Alembic with different effects in a system where you have to unlock more Alembics by completing Roles and nothing actually suggests the two don't stack.

If your primary aim is "escape confinement without resorting to throwing trucks and causing earthquakes," you have the option to take Unfettered first instead of needing to master being an Exemplar or a Soldier or a Martyr or some combination of the three.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

I'm watching the Phantom Creeps right now, bad movie. But is there any term for a construct that isn't quite yet a Promethean yet? Like they are a 'living' thing but aren't at the part where they've cut themselves off from their creator and are seeking a soul or to become a real person, rather than a particularly good robot (in regards to the unfleshed)?
      Last edited by nofather; 10-12-2018, 01:14 AM.

Comment

I believe we'll know for certain once Tormented comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
          I'm watching the Phantom Creeps right now, bad movie. But is there any term for a construct that isn't quite yet a Promethean yet? Like they are a 'living' thing but aren't at the part where they've cut themselves off from their creator and are seeking a soul or to become a real person, rather than a particularly good robot (in regards to the unfleshed)?
          I'd say these are still Prometheans, just like Mages that haven't quite hit 6 dots of Arcana are still Mages, or Werewolves on the night of their First Change are still werewolves.

They aren't as far along in their development as the systems model starting characters being, but that doesn't make them something else.

Comment

How does Amirani Disquiet affect people?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
              I Like they are a 'living' thing but aren't at the part where they've cut themselves off from their creator and are seeking a soul or to become a real person, rather than a particularly good robot (in regards to the unfleshed)?
              While I think there should be more "promethean revenants" than just clones (and that the line between sublimatus and promethean should be permeable), there's roles for basically anything. Servant, deviant, savage, outcast, or vigilante are probably the most common roles for Promethean-like figures in fiction. They are all essentially emulating humans in some way.

Comment

Just wondering, on the Argentum splat page in the corebook, is the promethean in in a tammuz or unfleshed?

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
                  Just wondering, on the Argentum splat page in the corebook, is the promethean in in a tammuz or unfleshed?
                  Unfleshed.

Comment

thank you very much good sir

Comment

Is the Externalize Alembic of the Disquietism transmutation effective against firestorms? I’m guessing not, but the chart sort of suggests that Firestorms might actually be category 5 wastelands so I’m not sure.

Comment

As it notes you can create multiple Athanors, Are you supposed to be able to create 1 Athanor per refinement, or as many as you want to spend Vitriol Experiences and risk Azoth rolls for once you've met the prerequisites?

Comment

Originally posted by Deinos View Post
                          As it notes you can create multiple Athanors, Are you supposed to be able to create 1 Athanor per refinement, or as many as you want to spend Vitriol Experiences and risk Azoth rolls for once you've met the prerequisites?
                          Presumably the former, given the nature of Athanors as story-elements and the reason exceptional success gives you an extra Refinement Furnace Athanor; otherwise there's little stopping you from regularly trying to create Sanctuaries and Vitriol Fonts as soon as you master a suitable set of Roles.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                          Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Core book says that a massive source of electricity condense all healing effect of electroshock therapy in one turn, but what does it mean?
                            How many pyros and "damage" point would cause a lightning?
                            Could it do lethal or aggravated damage?

Comment

Do the Conditions provided by the Driven Merit need to be chosen upon purchase of the Merit, or are they selected each game session?

"The best lies are wrapped in truth."

Comment

Originally posted by lasellj View Post
                                Do the Conditions provided by the Driven Merit need to be chosen upon purchase of the Merit, or are they selected each game session?
                                I would say that the conditions are chosen every game session, reflecting the promethean progress on the pilgrimage

Comment

Working...
                                X