X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do female Promtheans get Periods?

If not do some ‘fake’ periods By intentionally Cutting in the Vaginal Area

Comment

I'm fairly sure they dont. they aren't human after all and are anything but natural

Comment

Do Zeka still have the power of mind controling Tumors In second Edtion?

Comment

Questions about completing the New Dawn:

1) What counts as 'completing a Refinement' when looking at the final outcomes? Completing a single role on a refinement, or completing all 3? Context as well as the example seems to suggest the former, but the wording (complete a Refinement instead of completing a Role from a given Refinement) makes me doubt this.

2) The 'final outcome' is a result of the 'Roles she has completed along her pilgrimage' while additional roles 'do not feed in to the result of the Great Work'. It then goes in to talking about how to construct the Redeemed's human history based on those roles within the Pilgrimage. My question here is: does this also apply to the completed refinement chart on the following page? If a given Promethean's Pilgrimage only encompasses 6 refinements, with several roles in each, but they go above and beyond and complete all 10 refinements, are they still restricted to the Refinement 6-7 benefits? This would seem to harshly discourage branching out and learning more during the Pilgrimage if so.

Comment

Sanctus Aspiratus Alembic Steal Pyros/Drain Pyros

Perhaps this was answered some point prior but I couldnt find it so I'm hoping I've found the right place:

Am I correct in thinking that when you use either Steal Pyros or Drain Pyros if your opponent has a Pyros Pool that is empty do your successes deal the stated Lethal Dmg and for every 2 points do you still receive the 1 point of Pyros or if they do have a Pyros Pool that is empty the Distillation does nothing?
            Last edited by WyrmWeaver; 04-23-2019, 01:03 AM. Reason: Typos

Comment

From Steal Pyros

“If the target has a Pyros pool, the Savant steals Pyros directly. If not, the Promethean inflicts one point of lethal damage per success and absorbs one point of Pyros for every two points of lethal damage inflict”

And Drain Pyros

“If the target doesn't have a Pyros pool, the Promethean can convert Health at the same rate described under Steal Pyros.”

I feel like these Sanctus Aspiratus react to a template rather more than anything. “Does the pyros pool exist?” Not, “is the pyros pool empty?”

From a narrative perspective, my understanding is that if a being has a pyros pool, the divine fire is held in that pool. This is the animating life force, not fully integrated into the form of the creature.

I think extracting pyros from flesh requires it to be from a being that is naturally alive, noted by the stipulation that these powers do not work upon the Undead. While Prometheans and Pandorans aren’t undead, they are not natural entities as far as this world is concerned. Their pyros is concentrated in the form of a polluting fuel, hence the risk of disquiet and wastelands. I don’t see these Distillations further attacking health from such a being, as it also doesn’t suck the charge out of another promethean’s distillations (a power from the flux refinement).

I do think there are some strange exceptions, however. Alchemists have a pyros pool according to their Magnitude, but it’s described as their ability to store that pyros in external vessels. I think these Distillations would do damage to the alchemist, but you would specifically target the human rather than the vials of glowing liquid on their belt.

Analyzing these differences could be a great milestone for a Savant, as they study the variations between vessels of pyros and it’s natural place in the world.

Comment

I m not sure if i read it correctly,
                Do you think that the biting aura distillation area of effect is the same as the azothic radiance range?

Comment

Biting Aura states that it's the Promethean's reach. All Alembics in the Spiritus Transmutation work by altering the Azothic Radiance, but the ranges are set differently. For example, Mystic Resonance has a range of 30 square feet, but is discribed as pushing the Azothic Radiance outward.

Comment

Originally posted by Murder_of_Craws View Post
                    Biting Aura states that it's the Promethean's reach. All Alembics in the Spiritus Transmutation work by altering the Azothic Radiance, but the ranges are set differently. For example, Mystic Resonance has a range of 30 square feet, but is discribed as pushing the Azothic Radiance outward.
                    So in this case the power reach would be an area like a small room or an arm lenght from the promethean?

Comment

Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

So in this case the power reach would be an area like a small room or an arm lenght from the promethean?
                      Arm's length or a general melee range.

Comment

Originally posted by Murder_of_Craws View Post

Arm's length or a general melee range.
                        Seems more balanced this way.
                        Thanks

Comment

Did Night Horrors release a sub slat for Prometheans?
                          Like in the back of most 2E books, Kindred have ghouls, Werewolves have wolfblooded, Changelings have fae touched, etc.
                          Prometheans don't have one and I was wondering if Night Horrors added one.
                          Last edited by HunterInTheNight; 05-24-2019, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Short answer: No.

Long answer: to my mind, the Promethean sub-splat would be playable alchemists. Human demiurges are also a thing, but they're not a splat: they're defined not by what they are or even what they do, but by what they did. These are not things to be covered in an Antagonists book; they belong in a Player's Guide.
                            Last edited by Dataweaver; 05-24-2019, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Did they release a players guide for promethean 2E yet

Comment

They have not, not even announced sadly.

Comment

Working...
                                X