No announcement yet.

Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer: Prometheans Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a stopgap measure, I've worked up something of a model for how to do playable alchemists.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
      Short answer: No.

Long answer: to my mind, the Promethean sub-splat would be playable alchemists. Human demiurges are also a thing, but they're not a splat: they're defined not by what they are or even what they do, but by what they did. These are not things to be covered in an Antagonists book; they belong in a Player's Guide.
      I would say Clones could be considered a sub-splat

Comment

Clones are more like Vampire's Revenants than a sub-splat. There's even a mechanism included for taking a Half-Formed and “upgrading” it to a full-blown Promethean. By contrast, other games' sub-splats are mostly regular humans who can partake in the metaphysical dynamics of the game (Geist is the exception to this: its sub-splat is playable ghosts).

Comment

The updated version of NH: The Tormented says

• Intensity: Zeky have a radioactive Intensity equal to their Azoth rating.

Should this be taken to mean even outside of disquiet, wasteland, disfigurements, etc., an Azoth 5 zeky is killing everyone in the area under 2 minutes? My problem isn't so much that this is too nasty, but that it makes their disquiet conditions really weak by comparison and unlikely to apply.

Comment

Are we going to get any more Promethean products? 1st ed Promethean and Mummy had a very planned out set of books, like a full cycle. Now that we are in 2nd ed though we aren't publish and Ouroboros of books, we are more tentative with releasing books. But do we know if we are going to get more Promethean outside of Dark Eras?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Not yet. There's a lot of hoping for a Player's Guide; but so far, there's no sign of one.

Comment

Hey there, new-ish to Promethean and CofD in general. I was looking through the Vampire and Mage books and saw that there were sourcebooks for the clans and such. Are there any plans for something similar with the Lineages?

Comment

No, not unless the game suddenly takes off. You can find 1E stuff on the Lineages, in the sourcebooks, but it doesn't necessarily jibe with 2E assumptions or mechanics.

LFP: American Carnage (Werewolf: the Forsaken)

Comment

Originally posted by Verge View Post
                    You can find 1E stuff on the Lineages, in the sourcebooks, but it doesn't necessarily jibe with 2E assumptions or mechanics.
                    But fluff will work okay, for most parts from 1E.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Could Prometheans change Elpis and Torment as other supernatural creatures can change the anchors related to Vice and Virtue?

Comment

• Hey Could it by possible for a Hollow Post 1940s To became human?

By Making a offspring the “Natural” way. Or By rising up a clone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                          Hey Could it by possible for a Hollow Post 1940s To became human?

By Making a offspring the “Natural” way. Or By rising up a clone.
                          How would making a clone help you become human? Are you talking about Multiplicatio?

Comment

• Clones can become Promtheans.

Comment

• Multiplicatio doesn't necessarily require you to make a Promethean; it just requires you to reproduce in some way.

Comment

Working...
                              X