X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Satchel
    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Draconis View Post
    In other words, yes, making a clone of yourself could work, but…why? There are significantly easier ways.
    Nobody has suggested making a clone of yourself, the process of turning a clone into a Promethean is explicitly able to be shorter and less elaborate than the normal generative act, it's expressly possible that doing so may qualify for the required multiplicatio milestone of a given Promethean's Pilgrimage, and the question being asked is whether this might allow one of the Hollow — a Lineage whose generative act stopped working in late 1939 — to become human.

As with any question for which this many niche elements are applied, the answer is "sure, if that works for your game and the story your group wants to tell."

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

Comment

• Draconis
      • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
      Nobody has suggested making a clone of yourself, the process of turning a clone into a Promethean is explicitly able to be shorter and less elaborate than the normal generative act, it's expressly possible that doing so may qualify for the required multiplicatio milestone of a given Promethean's Pilgrimage, and the question being asked is whether this might allow one of the Hollow — a Lineage whose generative act stopped working in late 1939 — to become human.

As with any question for which this many niche elements are applied, the answer is "sure, if that works for your game and the story your group wants to tell."
      Ahh, thank you! I misunderstood; I thought the asker was going to try to clone themselves and produce a Promethean from the clone once it matured, which…apart from the questionable ethics, would take quite a long time to accomplish.

Comment

• espritdecalmar
        • Nov 2013

Who is the artist who did the drawing of the Kaiju of Nagasaki on page 99 of Saturnine Night?

Comment

• Konradleijon
          Banned
          • Feb 2018

There is a lineages created by the Dust Bowl they can only create progeny during the dust bowl.

Comment

• Primordial newcomer
            • Apr 2018

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
            There is a lineages created by the Dust Bowl they can only create progeny during the dust bowl.
            vague actually. there is a chance, an extremely small chance, that they could reach the new dawn if they go to a location with a similar environment, like the Australian outback

Comment

• Neos01
              • Jun 2018

About the Branded throng condition, am i reading it wrong or there are only penalties for having same lineage members?

Comment

• nofather
                • Nov 2013

From the perspective of someone who has no idea what has changed between editions, which of the first edition books seem to retain important aspects of the setting and background for the game?

Comment

• Konradleijon
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2018

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                  From the perspective of someone who has no idea what has changed between editions, which of the first edition books seem to retain important aspects of the setting and background for the game?
                  All of them. They has not been lots of Fluff changes. So all of the books should still work.

Comment

• Knepharite
                    • Nov 2018

I don't know where else to ask this.
                    Was there ever a Promethean 2nd prestige Kickstarter edition? Google isn't helping, or I am incompetent. I see nothing on Ebay for sale.
                    Sorry if this is something really obvious, but I just don't know where I can ask.
                    Thx.

Comment

• Konradleijon
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Knepharite View Post
                      I don't know where else to ask this.
                      Was there ever a Promethean 2nd prestige Kickstarter edition? Google isn't helping, or I am incompetent. I see nothing on Ebay for sale.
                      Sorry if this is something really obvious, but I just don't know where I can ask.
                      Thx.
                      No there was not,

Comment

• marin
                        • Nov 2013

CofD Kickstarters for 2e began after Promethean.

Comment

• Knepharite
                          • Nov 2018

OK thank you This explains my failed pilgrimage to find the book.

Comment

• Kevään Neito
                            • Mar 2019

From someone unfamiliar with the game: is it possible to play this without following the story thread of becoming human? I don't know how brutal disquiet is.

Comment

• Satchel
                              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Kevään Neito View Post
                              From someone unfamiliar with the game: is it possible to play this without following the story thread of becoming human?
                              I mean, sure. Did you have specific other plans?

I don't know how brutal disquiet is.
                              It requires people to roll less successes with two Attributes than you roll on one Trait that you always have the option of reducing to 1, it doesn't advance past "this person is much harder for you to socially influence and may, at your option, attempt to violently remove you from their presence" outside of a highly unlikely roll or in specific chunks of real estate that are more manageable at low levels of that same Trait that you can always reduce to low levels.

Resident Lore-Hound
                              Currently Consuming: Demon: the Descent 1e

Comment

• Neos01
                                • Jun 2018

Once a promethean has mastered all the roles of a refinement, can he create multiple athanor with that knowledge or only one?
                                And if he obtain a regular failure in the athanor creation can he try again, expending again the vitriol exp?

Comment

Working...