First time STing Promethean

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time STing Promethean

I'm going to run Promethean really soon.

Do you have any hints to avoid gamebreaking combos, power players etc.?
    Any plot hooks which could be right for a first timer?

Seriously, anything useful for a first timer would be so so appreciated

My English sucks. Sorry.

Originally posted by ToreadorGentleman View Post

Still waiting on my copy, but according to another thread, a Promethean with the right Alembics can throw a person about a football field in length, which is pretty fatal.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Hm okay nothing is coming to mind off the straight of my head. Can ask some questions on what story your planning on telling? And whether or not your players have already laid out their characters concepts and decided on some Refinements to go as time goes on? Like what is their relationships with their genitors or primogenitors. If that's alright

Comment

Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
        Hm okay nothing is coming to mind off the straight of my head. Can ask some questions on what story your planning on telling? And whether or not your players have already laid out their characters concepts and decided on some Refinements to go as time goes on? Like what is their relationships with their genitors or primogenitors. If that's alright

At the moment we have a stannum outcast unfleshed, a ferrum soldier unfleshed and a ferrum martyr tammuz

My hook at the moment is that a Jovian athanor is making trouble in a city, but I'm open to anything since I haven't laid out a single word yet

My English sucks. Sorry.

Comment

Ask yourself why you think you need to avoid those things.

Really. Prometheans stand to get pretty powerful, especially over time if they calcify Alembics. That's OK, because as they get more powerful, they run the risk of poisoning the world more and more, which (in turn) runs the risk of Torment.

Think about how the throng got together and build from there. What's happening now, how might the world change in response to a throng being in this place, what history is there in this place that the throng could get hold of. You mention a Jovian Athanor; that's perfect - where'd it come from and who left it? Is that Promethean still around? Could the PCs track them down and say "yo, dude, wtf is up with that Athanor?"

Prometheans learn from each other's experiences, and for starting characters, that means you have present the lessons and the teachers. I also find it rewarding to present normal human experiences that Prometheans can try out. Block parties are awesome through the eyes of a Promethean.

Comment

Working...
          X