Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new Lineages would you like to see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two of the core Lineages have origin stories revolving around the attempt to resurrect a loved one, but primarily reflect different concepts in their makeup. I think there's room for a Lineage that goes the whole hog on the resurrection angle: a "Morbid Humour," a Disquiet wherein people see in the Promethean reflections of those they've lost and grow angry when she doesn't live up to their memories, a Torment that's still and dead or else obsessed with a fear of loss. My original idea was a Mesopotamian Lineage with an ambiguous connection to the Tammuz, but that's not really necessary.

Comment

The Andean Lineage I imagine, I think is associated with salt and be seen as lofty beings who have been elevated to a higher condition and therefore the favors they bestow are seen as something within "just their obligation" with people becoming ungrateful for what they is granted (it is becoming increasingly necessary to get affection) and even angry if they do not do a favor they are already accustomed to.

To reflect its function, powers over the climate would be appropriate.

Comment

I would love a lineage that really nails the BOOK version of Frankenstein, maybe lampshading the wretched by their demiurge being twistedly inspired by the story but misunderstanding Victor's process. I know I've seen homunculus lineages on the forums that would be really cool refined into 2e. Picture bodies being dissolved and remolded on a human template, like a cross between FMA human transmutation, old alchemical generation of life and a caterpillar turning into a butterfly.

Comment

Some sort of plastic based mannequin one? Or would that be some type of unfleshed? (Hmmm... maybe there are five unfleshed liniages based on wood, metal, stone, plastic, and ... I'm drawing a blank. Pure thought, maybe? Pinocchio, Taltos, Gollum, Mannequin, and Psyche?)

I wish I could remember all of the old D&D para-elemental types. Mud, steam, salt, void, ash, radiance, and some others.
          Last edited by No One of Consequence; 08-05-2018, 01:42 AM.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
            Some sort of plastic based mannequin one? Or would that be some type of unfleshed? (Hmmm... maybe there are five unfleshed liniages based on wood, metal, stone, plastic, and ... I'm drawing a blank. Pure thought, maybe? Pinocchio, Taltos, Gollum, Mannequin, and Psyche?)

I wish I could remember all of the old D&D para-elemental types. Mud, steam, salt, void, ash, radiance, and some others.
            Even if primarily Constructs, it could be a separate Lineage if it’s different enough compared to the Unfleshed. And plastic sounds pretty interesting...

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

I've been kicking around the idea of a historical and now gone lineage based around the idea of the Tower of Babel and The Great Flood. I always liked the translation of Gilgamesh where the gods sent a flood to wipe out Humanity because they were too loud. Switching that over to Promethean, what if there was a lineage based around the element of Air and language whose Disquiet lead to communication breaking down and very loud Wastelands forming? Then the Great Flood could actually have been a Firestorm wiping out that Lineage. And that's where the stories of the Tower of Babel and The Great Flood come from.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrasalieth View Post
                Some ideas of Lineages that I'm trying to write for a long time:

- A skeletal Lineage based on the legend or Sedna.
                Speak more

Comment

It occurs to me that in East Asia, there may be five entirely different primary Lineages based instead on the Taoist elements of Earth, Wood, Metal, Fire and Water, and Ying/Yang alchemy. Not sure what their Refinements would be.
                  Last edited by No One of Consequence; 08-06-2018, 05:56 PM.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                  Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                    It occurs to me that in East Asia, there may be five entirely different primary Lineages based instead on the Taoist elements of Earth, Wood, Metal, Fire and Water, and Ying/Yang alchemy. Not sure what their Refinements would be.
                    I’d keep the five base Refinements the same (though they can be called other things). But some differented complex refinements seem possible.
                    Last edited by glamourweaver; 11-17-2018, 08:12 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

I’d keep the five base lineages the same (though they can be called other things). But some differented complex refinements seem possible.
                      It would give to exchange Ectoplasm for Wood.

Metal refinements remain a thing of Taoism. But although all the important elements here are there, the same does not happen with all the elements there. Arsenic for example is very important to them.

The breeding of lineages may differ a bit too.

A mechanic of Yin and Yang would make sense to apply.

A Promethean the East Linages is a book I would buy.

Comment

Oh, sorry, I meant five base REFINEMENTS.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                          Oh, sorry, I meant five base REFINEMENTS.
                          Agreed. Observing people, retreating to comtemplate, perfecting the body, studying your condition and fuck everything are logically universal approaches.

Comment

I distinctly remember that Dataweaver once posted a Lineage that was based around disease and chemical contamination, a sort of “ safer” Zeka. That would be interesting to see done.

Though of course I might be remembering two separate Lineages-

Comment

It was two separate Lineages, based on the old designation of Weapons of Mass Destruction and the military equivalent of the Hazmat Suit (at the time I first came up with this it was called an “NBC Suit”, where “NBC” stood for “Nuclear, Biological, Chemical”).

Together with the Nuclear Prometheans, the Chemical/Toxic and Biological/Plague Prometheans were supposed to form a trio of “Hazmat” Lineages that were defined by contamination by dangerous materials: the Toxic Prometheans specialized in poisons and drugs, while the Plague Prometheans were all about infectious diseases.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                                It was two separate Lineages, based on the old designation of Weapons of Mass Destruction and the military equivalent of the Hazmat Suit (at the time I first came up with this it was called an “NBC Suit”, where “NBC” stood for “Nuclear, Biological, Chemical”).

Together with the Nuclear Prometheans, the Chemical/Toxic and Biological/Plague Prometheans were supposed to form a trio of “Hazmat” Lineages that were defined by contamination by dangerous materials: the Toxic Prometheans specialized in poisons and drugs, while the Plague Prometheans were all about infectious diseases.
                                Actually, this plays into something that occurred to me a while back - the 2e core mentions a World War I Lineage known as the Faceless, who were created from those killed by chemical weapons, and one of the Promethean eras in Dark Eras 2 is World War I, so we might see them in DE2. (Although perhaps not as focused on toxicity as Dataweaver's suggestion.).

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Working...
                                X