Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new Lineages would you like to see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanna see Clones as a lineage, if only to satiate my need to better populate my Infinite Macabre homebrew.

...And maybe a weird, Guyver-esque Lineage, too.

nWoD Warhammer Fantasy RPG,
    WoD Wraith: The Oblivion
    and Infernum-style Demon: The Descent, Shadows of Abaddon --> http://madnessforums.com/forums/inde...opic,26.0.html

Comment

Originally posted by MrParaduo View Post
      ...And maybe a weird, Guyver-esque Lineage, too.
      *eyes wander towards Deviant*

...don't want to wait?

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

*eyes wander towards Deviant*

...don't want to wait?
        Is that a feature in Deviant?

and Infernum-style Demon: The Descent, Shadows of Abaddon --> http://madnessforums.com/forums/inde...opic,26.0.html

Comment

Originally posted by MrParaduo View Post
          Is that a feature in Deviant?
          DaveB's cited Guyver as Deviant source material.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Oh... sweet. Then I just need a Clone lineage, or failing that, advice on how to homebrew one. :3

Comment

If we have a clone lineage, another lineage of prometheans that do not immediately wake up but are born as unconscious constructs that later become aware (as in Westwolrd) would be interesting.

Comment

Clone lineages are cool, but lineages created by supernatural creatures are really cool too. While Extempore seem to have been expanded to include such anomalies , I would love to see Prometheans descended from such oddities

Comment

Going on the path of the Crossover some kind of being that is created by other supernatural beings using the exercise of these beings would be cool (something like the Gargoyles of the Classic World of Darkness). One can argue that Extempore already covers these beings, but I do not know, it seems to me something different.

Comment

Consider this a teaser for something I’m working on later in the week: Gravetallow.

Comment

I'm wondering of a Stolen Devine Lineage.

Though the years mankind has always sought to be closer to what is holy. Sometimes they succeed and become something else - a Saint, a Guru, a Bhodivista. Sometimes they breach the vault of Heaven for but a brief moment and in yearning for the Divine drag back the quintessence of something holy back to the base fallen Earth. On Christmass Eve, the prayers of a faithful congregation cause the Christ Child to come alive. A monk worshipping the Holy Host in Monstrance finds himself before the living figure of his Savior. An astrophysicist gases through his telescope marvelling at the wonders of Creation. In a flash, he obtains a breakthrough on the nature of the Cosmos and finds that his telescope is now an alive girl, a manifestation of the goddess Sophia in the beauty of her wisdom. A Sleepwalker accompanies his Mage friend through the seven Heavens and captures some Celestial fire in a jar, only for the fire to take human form on Earth.

Element: Celestial Fire.
                      Humour: Sacred

Refinements: Wings of Fire / having a halo over your head shedding holy light, blessing holy water and salt, Adamic knowledge of the names of all things, perfect sense of time and the weather, a talent for prophecy, intuitive knowledge of complex mathematics/astrophysics/cosmology,

Comment

One idea that occurs to me is a Lineage of Prometheans created by children for childish reasons. Essentially dolls, stuffed animals, and imaginary friends that are made to strike back against childhood fears. Overprotective guardians who don't know what to do when their charges outgrow them. Their torment would make them view the world in false dichotomies (good, bad, love, hate, etc.) and their Disquiet would trigger overprotectiveness and suspicion (often revolving around fears of mental stability).

For clone lineages there is a lot of potential to be found in the NeoSapiens from Exosquad. Some of their known issues (e.g. difficulty with abstract thought and a potential genetic disease that causes them to slowly melt) make a lot of sense as Promethean Torments or conditions. They do overlap somewhat with Golems in that they were created as servants for hostile environments, but they are consistently shown to be willing to fight back They also do a lot of genetic engineering on themselves, which with a little tweaking would map very well to alchemy.

Obviously, I wouldn't steal the NeoSapiens whole cloth, but they are a rich vein of source material to mine.

Mage: The Ice-ension: An Epic Game of Reality on the Rink

Comment

Originally posted by Ramnesis View Post
                          One idea that occurs to me is a Lineage of Prometheans created by children for childish reasons. Essentially dolls, stuffed animals, and imaginary friends that are made to strike back against childhood fears. Overprotective guardians who don't know what to do when their charges outgrow them. Their torment would make them view the world in false dichotomies (good, bad, love, hate, etc.) and their Disquiet would trigger overprotectiveness and suspicion (often revolving around fears of mental stability).

It would be interesting for them to be an absolutely trustworthy and protective force for the child and only develop the torment when the child grows up in that case. Which will not take that long.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Linus View Post

It would be interesting for them to be an absolutely trustworthy and protective force for the child and only develop the torment when the child grows up in that case. Which will not take that long.
                            Or when separated from the child. One possible bestowment is that they could hide themselves as an inanimate object, basically a "safe" looking version of their real form, like a worn down stuffed toy or a slightly broken doll. It makes it so that they can stay close to their charges, but it doesn't stop the spread of their disquiet. Parents, guardians, and teachers are going to start looking at the doll with suspicion and taking it away because "It's not good for a child to be so attached..." or some other reason. Then their torment can flare until they manage to work their way back to the child.

Mage: The Ice-ension: An Epic Game of Reality on the Rink

Comment

Working...
                            X