1001 Promethean Characters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1001 Promethean Characters

Let's talk about interesting character ideas we've got in our heads! I'll start.

Bob Birchwood, a Riven construct and nomadic, throngless practitioner of Aurum who works as an Amazon delivery man in order to avoid causing the Wasteland effect and still live among humans.

In topics like this, you should add numbers to ideas - so in few dozen pages we would really hit 1001 ideas. Assuming yours were 1...

2. One of new sex robots was used all here life just to satisfy one of her 'users'. But the lonely man truly develop love for the machine, even if she did not say a word. And like Pygmalion in the myths, he breath life into her with a true love kiss. Now the once robot is (almost) real women with feelings. And her demiurge do not really know nuances of love...

She would start on Aurum ( of course ) and I would go with making her a Galateid Construct, not Unfleshed, as those are two slightly different things. See quote below:

Originally posted by PtC 2E, p.76
    Intent matters. Unfleshed are meant to be simulacra of humans, not humans themselves. They must be made of non-human parts, yes, but the creator must also desire something less than human: a robot, a living sculpture, an artificial intelligence, a puppet with a mind of its own. All of these things are alive, yes, but they were created with the expectation that they would not be human.
    Galatea was created to be the perfect human companion, so whether she was made from marble or not, she’s not Unfleshed. Prometheans that aren ’t made from corpses are informally known as constructs and can be of any Lineage, depending on what their creator did to will them into existence. That brings up the question of humour: Would a Frankenstein made from machines and engines have Yellow Bile, as his progenitor, or Oil, as an artificial being? Either could be the case, but in the end it’s up to you and what you
    want done with your character.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-12-2018, 12:46 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Topic necromancy by the passer-by fan of the PtC. Got idea on next character concept, but I'm not sure how to finalise it. Any help on those, LostLight, Dataweaver or Michael?

3. Medieval Promethean - called 'Pilgrim' - like names points to, he travels around the world to go to sacred places, to prey for the sick on Contagions. Probably he would be Christian. But I'm blank on Linage and Refinement. Maybe Tammuz, to mark his 'creation from God'? ( Even if he would be Christian? Tammuz are Jewish Linage by tradition. ) I also have problem with pointing Refinement based on his Faith - Maybe Plumbum or Cuprum?

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Medieval? Before there were Frankensteins (that is, any time before 1816, the Year Without a Summer — see Dark Eras Companion pp.204–231), there were the Amirani — the Prophets (Dark Eras Companion pp.98–99).

As for Refinements, there was a variant of Aurum called Pneuma, or Grace (Dark Eras Companion pp.164–165).

Personally, as a Christian, I find both the Lineage and the Refinement as written to be unnecessarily hostile to Christianity; and I use slightly modified versions of each that aren't as hostile. But that's just me. The point is that a Prophet pursuing the Refinement of Grace — in broad strokes at least — would be an excellent fit for your Pilgrim. Perhaps a little too excellent; you might want to deviate from one or the other just to avoid being too obvious.

Comment

I agree with Dataweaver's suggestion for Refinement. Assuming this is for your Werewolf game, obvious is probably the best way to go.

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
          ( Even if he would be Christian? Tammuz are Jewish Linage by tradition. )
          They're somewhat linked to the legends of golems but there's no necessary direct connection there. DAC somewhat implies that plenty of Tammuz are Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
            Medieval? Before there were Frankensteins (that is, any time before 1816, the Year Without a Summer — see Dark Eras Companion pp.204–231), there were the Amirani — the Prophets (Dark Eras Companion pp.98–99).

As for Refinements, there was a variant of Aurum called Pneuma, or Grace (Dark Eras Companion pp.164–165).

Personally, as a Christian, I find both the Lineage and the Refinement as written to be unnecessarily hostile to Christianity; and I use slightly modified versions of each that aren't as hostile. But that's just me. The point is that a Prophet pursuing the Refinement of Grace — in broad strokes at least — would be an excellent fit for your Pilgrim. Perhaps a little too excellent; you might want to deviate from one or the other just to avoid being too obvious.
            I share your opinion on the matter regarding my faith, the Amirani do paint a rather negative and unflattering image as written.. but I dislike them more for the fact that they are just a lot less interesting than the Frankensteins are narratively to me.

Anyway to add to these 1001 Created..

4. An Ulgan that walks the Path of Silver who has an adorable obsession with the other supernatural creatures in the world and is out to Catch, er, Catalog ‘em all and discover how they can more or less coexist with humanity without the universe instinctually hating them. Think of him as sorta like Professor Oak if Prof. Oak was a dirty, slime covered Hobo.

5. A Zeka born from the Dropping of Little Boy, a creature made of ashes and bone who nonetheless is determined to discover a way to avenge those who died even decades later.. for surely whoever would scorch a population with the might of the Gods not once, but twice is a terrible force that deserves Nuclear retribution in return. Clearly a follower of Tin through and through— but seeking revenge is all too human.
            Last edited by Korogra; 05-22-2020, 01:02 AM.

Comment

A couple more!

6. They call him Ikusa, though violence is the one thing this Unfleshed follower of Aurum is more averse to than any other. So he tries his best to help people resolve their problems as bloodlessly as possible either in person or online; a sort of cyberspace Advocate for the abused and dispossessed who, quite shamefully, can’t seem to escape the more detestable portions of his original programming whenever Torment overtakes him.

7. There are urban legends of a beautiful monster who stalks the more decayed neighborhoods of Detroit called Mama Snags, a Muse fallen to the Path of Flux who’s gained a reputation of snatching homeless children and teenagers up and literally eating them, using the remains to “birth” a horrid little Family of her own. There is said to be an abandoned warehouse somewhere in town that serves as an art gallery-cum-nursery for her favorite creations: full of malformed, unmoving little monsters.

Comment

Working...
              X