Promethean healing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promethean healing

Hello, maybe it s a stupid question but...
    Without any type of access to a source of electricity, does a promethean heal like a human?
    Would he regrow lost limbs in the same situation?

The book never quite says it outright, but I think they're supposed to heal like humans, in addition to the advantages of Electroshock Therapy. The persistent benefit of Imperatus (p. 140) is the one place that (seems) to indicate this explicitly: "The Promethean has a constant flow of electricity trickling in from slight gradations of static electricity, providing a slight regenerative effect. The Created halves all healing times." The book also states that Prometheans are living beings, even if they're made from dead flesh.

The text for Imperatus could be in error, of course. On p. 211 the book refers to mortal healing times. I'd go with them healing like humans, unless I'm missing something obvious. For instance, I don't know how Prometheans survive at all in historical settings if they can't heal naturally.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
    Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
      The book never quite says it outright, but I think they're supposed to heal like humans, in addition to the advantages of Electroshock Therapy. The persistent benefit of Imperatus (p. 140) is the one place that (seems) to indicate this explicitly: "The Promethean has a constant flow of electricity trickling in from slight gradations of static electricity, providing a slight regenerative effect. The Created halves all healing times." The book also states that Prometheans are living beings, even if they're made from dead flesh.

The text for Imperatus could be in error, of course. On p. 211 the book refers to mortal healing times. I'd go with them healing like humans, unless I'm missing something obvious. For instance, I don't know how Prometheans survive at all in historical settings if they can't heal naturally.
      Thanks for the answer, in fact the problem is that i m running a campaign in a medieval historical setting and i was thinking if it s accurate to create a tammuz npc with a missing arm

Comment

The general assumption is "like mortals unless specified", I believe, so yeah, they heal normally.
        A missing arm I would keep as permanently Marked Healthboxes (Agg), and/or a persistent Condition, which can be healed with the right spare parts or ability. Not aware if/where the book mentioned this Situation atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormwood View Post
          The general assumption is "like mortals unless specified", I believe, so yeah, they heal normally.
          A missing arm I would keep as permanently Marked Healthboxes (Agg), and/or a persistent Condition, which can be healed with the right spare parts or ability. Not aware if/where the book mentioned this Situation atm.
          Hurt locker says that healing a missing limb require healing the aggravate damage that caused the loss with some kind of regenerative power, then heal the equivalent of 1 lethal for an arm, so i would say that without electricity the missing limb condition remains permanent for prometheans if they heal only naturally

Comment

Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

Thanks for the answer, in fact the problem is that i m running a campaign in a medieval historical setting and i was thinking if it s accurate to create a tammuz npc with a missing arm

That sounds great, as long as you have a scene where he gets struck by lightning and his arm grows back in a flash of brilliant power!

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post

That sounds great, as long as you have a scene where he gets struck by lightning and his arm grows back in a flash of brilliant power!
              Substitute the lightning with a mage who don t know prometheans and who thinks that an electrical spell is a good solution to put him down.
              That s the idea

Comment

Working...
              X