X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primordial newcomer
    started a topic The straight outta left field villain

The straight outta left field villain

Most the games have this. The strix, insatiable, abyss, idigram, the huntsmen. What is the promethean equivalent? Is it the alchemists?

Admittedly, the tormented seems to be having this show up as the big bad

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post

I'm just basing it over something I read though rereading it I got confused on wrong thing. That is it was a post from Dave saying that Deviant did have Chronicle name and I forgot that and assumed it was Beast. Here's the quote anyway.

So yeah I took that and assumed that Beast had one as well. Because thinking about it, it not having one would make it weird. Sure you can say Demon doesn't have one also but really it kinda does, it just got released before it did. The God-Machine Chronicle. So really if Deviant does have one then Beast is the only one left in the dust, thus me wondering whether it actually has one one or not.

Then let's keep it simple: No, Beast never had a chronicle name.

(Also the God-Machine Chronicle is not a chronicle name for Demon, it's also been explictly stated that Demon never had one, and until the Chronicle Name is explicitly added to the actual information pile, it's about as legit as The Hedge being the Astral Barrier and Beasts not being able to Family Tie Abyssal entities, with all due respect to Dave-but whatever.

That sounds annoyed. I'm not.)

Leave a comment:

• Iceblade44
    replied
    Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    Beast, being a game in it's first run, didn't have Chronicle name. New games don't have those-you'll notice Mummy 1st and Demon didn't have a Chronicle name either. Deviant also doesn't have a Chronicle name.
    I'm just basing it over something I read though rereading it I got confused on wrong thing. That is it was a post from Dave saying that Deviant did have Chronicle name and I forgot that and assumed it was Beast. Here's the quote anyway.

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
    Deviant does have a Chronicle name, actually.
    So yeah I took that and assumed that Beast had one as well. Because thinking about it, it not having one would make it weird. Sure you can say Demon doesn't have one also but really it kinda does, it just got released before it did. The God-Machine Chronicle. So really if Deviant does have one then Beast is the only one left in the dust, thus me wondering whether it actually has one one or not.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Frankly, “the ___ Chronicle” was a dodge around the “no Second Edition” ban that CCP(?) had in place at the time. You'll note that just as soon as Onyx Path was out from under their authority, “Blood and Smoke: the Strix Chronicle” suddenly got rebranded as “Vampire: the Requiem, Second Edition”. Sure, the Chronicles are a nice thing to have; but they're hardly essential.
    Well, let's also not pretend that it's something that hasn't gone forward since it stopped being a dodge for the Second Edition branding- Hunter, Geist, and Mummy all have Chronicle titles post Second Edition freedom(in the form of the Slasher Chronicles, the Chronicles of the Dead, and the Timeless Chronicles), so it's still very much a part of the design for Second Edition games, even if it's no longer dodging that problem.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    Frankly, “the ___ Chronicle” was a dodge around the “no Second Edition” ban that CCP(?) had in place at the time. You'll note that just as soon as Onyx Path was out from under their authority, “Blood and Smoke: the Strix Chronicle” suddenly got rebranded as “Vampire: the Requiem, Second Edition”. Sure, the Chronicles are a nice thing to have; but they're hardly essential.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    How do I delete these spam
    Kindly ask a mod to handle it. You can also flag it as spam.

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    Demon in particular will also have analysts in the 2nd edition corebook, so it have a lot going for it

Re reading the the firestorm chapter, promethean is very detailed explaining firestorms now that I think about it

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    Demon in particular will also have analysts in the 2nd edition corebook, so it have a lot going for it

Re reading the the firestorm chapter, promethean is very detailed explaining firestorms now that I think about i

How do I delete these spam
    Last edited by Primordial newcomer; 10-11-2018, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post

Ah that reminds me, was it ever said what Beast's Chronicle name was? I remember reading a dev's post that they had one though I don't actually remember them saying what it was. My guess Heroes since that was the only major Antagonist in the core book but I'm not sure
    Beast, being a game in it's first run, didn't have Chronicle name. New games don't have those-you'll notice Mummy 1st and Demon didn't have a Chronicle name either. Deviant also doesn't have a Chronicle name.

Leave a comment:

• Iceblade44
    replied
    Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    Rule of thumb-If it features in the Chronicle Name, that's The Thing That Ruins Days.
    Ah that reminds me, was it ever said what Beast's Chronicle name was? I remember reading a dev's post that they had one though I don't actually remember them saying what it was. My guess Heroes since that was the only major Antagonist in the core book but I'm not sure

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    This is a pretty enlightening way to see It. Thanks for elaborating guys!

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    As Arcane says, Pyros is the big danger in the game, which means you're the out of context enemy. You're a walking bomb, dangerous to anyone you're around, but you need to be around people in order to continue your Pilgrimage. Lesser expressions of danger are the Torment you can fall into, but when you get to firestorms, then you're capable of destroying a swath of land and the people who live there. And, if you stop your Pilgrimage, bad things happen to you.

Walk the road as quickly as you can, but try not to trip, because you may not be the only one who gets hurt.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    Can't believe I forgot about the qashmallim. It would make sense for them to be the more "what the hell do we do about these guys" kinda threat/odd ally.

If im being unclear, which i sure do sound like, i mean most the books have a section focusing on out of context villain, such as the strix and idigram. Other lines have night horrors showcasing them, like the insatiable.

Promethean on the other hand, being a 2nd edition book, does not have one

Did not get your posts at first ArcaneArts. Hmm, so pyros itself is the out of context problem? I'll admit I did not even think of that
    Well, a lot of that is deriving from the fact that Firestorms are the designated Chronicle focus-the absolute destruction that clears up the detrimental effects of built-up Pyros correspondingly ties into the problems of Pyros's presence in the world in it's various forms, particularly when it incarnates the "will" of The Principle.

When things happen with Pyros, things get screwy.

Leave a comment:

• Primordial newcomer
    replied
    Can't believe I forgot about the qashmallim. It would make sense for them to be the more "what the hell do we do about these guys" kinda threat/odd ally.

If im being unclear, which i sure do sound like, i mean most the books have a section focusing on out of context villain, such as the strix and idigram. Other lines have night horrors showcasing them, like the insatiable.

Promethean on the other hand, being a 2nd edition book, does not have one

Did not get your posts at first ArcaneArts. Hmm, so pyros itself is the out of context problem? I'll admit I did not even think of that
    Last edited by Primordial newcomer; 10-11-2018, 12:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Rule of thumb-If it features in the Chronicle Name, that's The Thing That Ruins Days.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X