GMing Promethean what NOT to do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMing Promethean what NOT to do

Based on GMing Demon What NOT to do. And GMing changling what NOT to do .

Promthean GMS what should a Absolutely not do when running Promthean

Don't let it get too dark. Promethean has the potential to be a real downer, and to an extent that's appropriate, but don't let it be relentlessly sad or grim. You have to let the characters see the good things that humanity does, otherwise the Pilgrimage is meaningless.

Comment

Don't forget that prometheans are VERY rare, about 100 or less walking the earth at any given time. Anytime you decide to show one as an NPC, emphasise how important it is to meet another one

Comment

How should a not handle torment

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
          How should a not handle torment
          Elaborate?

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
          Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
          Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

Comment

How should the GM not handle Torment.

Like if I am running a Promthean game and a character goes into torment what should I NOT do

Comment

Just remember that the game is queer as hell.

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

How should the GM not handle Torment.

Like if I am running a Promthean game and a character goes into torment what should I NOT do
                Excessive edge all the time, tie in the Prometheans behavior to what caused him to go Torment

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                  Just remember that the game is queer as hell.

i thought you where boycotting WW and OP

Comment

i thought you where boycotting WW and OP
                    Still am. Doesn’t mean I can’t give advice.

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Isn’t the point of the game to assimilate into ‘normal’ society

Comment

Isn’t the point of the game to assimilate into ‘normal’ society
                        No. The point of the game is to make a place for yourself in the world through a gradual series of epiphanies about people and why they do things. A deep sense of alienation from the world around you based on your inability to spend a long time in most places without their eventually exploding into mutagen and disaster is generally not the root phenomenon separating marginalized identities from the predominant social groups.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                        Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Queer people are normal.

Anyway.

The reason Prometheans don't fit in is because they carry a piece of (stolen!) Divine Fire and, man, does that poison the world against you. It echoes the queer experience (the negative parts of that experience, I mean) in the sense of being persecuted for something you just are. It's also a queer narrative in the sense of finding your people and your place in a hostile world.

Where it is not a queer narrative, is 1) Disquiet forces people's hands, and even the kindest soul eventually succumbs to it. In the real world, being a hateful bigot is wrong, and all on the hateful bigot to fix. 2) The solution is achieving New Dawn, which may or may not (more on that) involve shedding the Divine Fire, whereas no one should have to stop being queer to be accepted.

On the topic of New Dawn: Maybe you get to keep your Divine Fire. Maybe the Pilgrimage lets you incorporate it, so it becomes yours instead of stolen. The Core deliberately doesn't delve too much into "what after the New Dawn" because it's a personal decision based on the character and the story you're running.
                          Last edited by mistress of whispers; 11-08-2018, 09:38 AM.

Freelance Author and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

Anyway, things NOT to do.

Don't be too heavy handed. In a way you are playing the Divine Principle--you're mapping the Pilgrimage and the milestones, it's your task to guide the characters (and players) through the story, and you decide when to send in the qashmallim. So take a page from its book and, sometimes, do nothing. Just sit back and go 'girl, did you fuck that up & I can't wait to see how you get yourself out of it'. 'Cause the Principle surely (most likely? probably? in its own unknowable way) wants them to succeed, but walking the hard road is also part of succeeding.
                            Last edited by mistress of whispers; 11-08-2018, 09:54 AM.

Freelance Author and Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Comment

While you shouldn’t make it dark as hell, you also shouldn’t downplay any of the unfortunate side effects of being a Promethean. In addition, achieving the New Dawn isn’t something you can just gain over a weekend, it is a long, perilous, heartbreaking journey of self realization and discovery, and that is what makes it worth it. The Pilgrimage is an hyper exaggerated version of what it’s like to be a person in a world that has no time to accept you for being you, dangers and all!

Comment

Working...
                              X