Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dark Eras 2 KS update: The Faceless (WWI Lineage)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Eras 2 KS update: The Faceless (WWI Lineage)

Welcome to the trenches.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Holy moly guys. Just,Jesus...

Comment

What’s there Disquiet and Wasteland?

Comment

does not say their disquiet, it does say their bestowments though

Comment

I know. Do you Have any speculation?

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
            What’s there Disquiet and Wasteland?

I have my homebrew:

Disquiet: The Faceless were originally meant to be weapons of war, and both of their Bestowments lend them to being soldiers of no small ability. The Tortured Disquiet simply makes that purpose very clear to mortals. The Faceless starts to remind humans of traumatic moments in their lives; this one's dirt-covered nail reminds a veteran of the trenches, that one's eye of a woman's abusive husband. They do not think the Faceless are responsible for these things, not even at the worse stages of Disquiet, but it does make the Faceless an intimidating, alien figure. As Disquiet worsens, the mortals start to notice mannerisms as well, mannerisms that remind them of enemies foreign and domestic; a distinctly German way of drinking beer, an Ottoman taste for coffee, an incompetent officer's quiet twitch of a sneer towards troops who want to take a slower advance. Eventually, the victims realize that this strange being is an invader, a tool of hostile nations and forces that seek to cause pain to everything they know, and must be fought and destroyed before she does the same to them.

Comment

I presume that There Disquiet and wasteland isn’t really noticed. It being World War 0ne

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                I presume that There Disquiet and wasteland isn’t really noticed. It being World War 0ne
                If they stay in the trenches maybe, but i’d think many would prefer to seek the New Dawn elsewhere and try to experience peace.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I love how they received a full description and abilities. will definitely be fun to play as one considering their predicament

Comment

As much as I like this, I've gotta take issue with their bestowments here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Prometheans are denied their defense against firearms just like everyone else right? In which case Living Wall simply doesn't work against guns. Why not just give them armor as that's what's clearly being described. There's already a system for it, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Then there's the 10 Agg cannon which is just, fucking hell guys. That's Divine Lightning on steroids and then some. Going by Hurl Locker that's the equivalent damage of sitting on 5 fragmentation grendades, with twice the radius, and no rolls to resist. Oh and Condition that will kill you if by some miracle you survived the blast. I'm not saying this is broken, but there's not much in any of that can hope to survive this.
                    Last edited by PenDragon; 01-30-2019, 05:04 PM.

Onyx Path Moderator
                    Mod Voice is RED*
                    *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
                    Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

Originally posted by PenDragon View Post
                      As much as I like this, I've gotta take issue with their bestowments here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Prometheans are denied their defense against firearms just like everyone else right? In which case Living Wall simply doesn't work against guns. Why not just give them armor as that's what's clearly being described. There's already a system for it, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Then there's the 10 Agg cannon which is just, fucking hell guys. That's Divine Lightning on steroids and then some. Going by Hurl Locker that's the equivalent damage of sitting on 5 fragmentation grendades, with twice the radius, and no rolls to resist. Oh and Condition that will kill you if by some miracle you survived the blast. I'm not saying this is broken, but there's not much in any of that can hope to survive this.
                      With you both of those fronts. Like, I can dig the cannon in particular as a bit of weirdness, and maybe be that powerful if it was attached to a Night Horrors villain that made it clear they had paid some shit for that, but as a Bestowment? Nope.
                      Last edited by PenDragon; 01-30-2019, 05:03 PM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

they will likely be balanced when dark eras is fully developed (but I do agree that living wall should be armor)

Comment

Worst case, just put a note aside when the errata phase comes up.

Comment

reading the chem shell ability again the ONLY way that would work with that much damage is if it permanently took away a point of health

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                              With you both of those fronts. Like, I can dig the cannon in particular as a bit of weirdness, and maybe be that powerful if it was attached to a Night Horrors villain that made it clear they had paid some shit for that, but as a Bestowment? Nope.

Yeah, given the exact language used, I think the writer may have been thinking WoD rather than CofD.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just that it's a different combat engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X