Hey a Fetch becoming A Promthean .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Konradleijon
    started a topic Hey a Fetch becoming A Promthean .

Hey a Fetch becoming A Promthean .

This is just my random stream of thoughts, so expect it to by messy.

I have a Plot Bunny of a Bunch of Promtheans roll into town Disquiet happens except for Some random person. When everyone else gets Super crazy there left Unaffected because there a fetch. So they go Investigate this people the Prommies discover there Unaffected. Fetch has had weird dreams and kinda of thinks he’s not human/or knows he’s not and feels Internly guilty for replacing (Blaise the changling’s name )so volunteers to go with them cause she’s Immune. And she’s paranoid that her changlings gonna kill her. And she can interact with people without causing Wastelands and Disquiet..

The Thong agrees and they have some adventures. The fetch is then renamed Aino meaning the Only one ,unique because she grows away from who Blaise was and becomes her own person some stuff happens.

But she can’t escape her fetchineiss. When one of her thong mates is nearing the completion of there Pilgrimage and needs to make some Pyros shit decides to try and make her a Promthean whitch involves Talking to Blaise’s Motley and teaming up to get a goblin fruit or fight Blaise keeper.

After there done and with help from a Qashmallim. She becomes a Promthean and starts her Pilgrimage

• Penguinbowler
    replied
    Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
    See my first post. There is absolutely nothing impossible about using the “corpse” of a Fetch to create a Promethean; and if you “kill” a Fetch to create a Promethean, the Fetch dies. That was literally the first thing I said.
    Prometheans can have a vague recollection of the life of the person they're made from, and fetches are a mix of cloth, wood, dirt, memories and petals animated by fae magic, so while you could use part of a fetch corpse to make an unfleshed promethean, large parts of it will fall to the wayside.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    See my first post. There is absolutely nothing impossible about using the “corpse” of a Fetch to create a Promethean; and if you “kill” a Fetch to create a Promethean, the Fetch dies. That was literally the first thing I said.

Leave a comment:

• Penguinbowler
    replied
    Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Promethean 2e (and a section in the 1e supplement Magnum Opus) allows for Prometheans to be made out of inert matter. Heck, there's a whole Lineage in 2e that's assumed by default to be made out of inert matter (the Unfleshed).
    I think the big difference between unfleshed and fetches are fetches are more held together by fae magic then anything else. Of course there is at least one fetch who has been reincarnated multiple times, often from different parts of his body, so even if you cant solely use a fetches body in it, you might be able to use parts of it in making a promethean. I dont think it would give the promethean anything special other then a vague knoledge of changelings though.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    Promethean 2e (and a section in the 1e supplement Magnum Opus) allows for Prometheans to be made out of inert matter. Heck, there's a whole Lineage in 2e that's assumed by default to be made out of inert matter (the Unfleshed).

Leave a comment:

• Penguinbowler
    replied
    I did some digging in first edition changeling, and found this in autumn nightmares, page 112, fetches and prometheans

'''Game systems: Fetches are not subject to Disquiet. They lack the humanity necessary to respond to the intensity of the Divine Fire. Since their bodies become inert matter quickly after death, fetch-corpses cannot be used to make Prometheans.'''
    So no, Fetches can't be used to make a promethean, though they could make a travelling companion to one who won't try and tear your head off. Might have changed in second edition though.

Leave a comment:

• KaiserAfini
    replied
    Regarding the process, since its an edge case and it involves a creation of the True Fae, I think we could adapt the Ushabti path from VtM to these purposes:

They make a living scale figurine of the fetch from bees wax and clay, mixed with the ground up remains of whatever created it and a bit of blood from the changeling the fetch replicated. The qashmallim bathes it in beer and honey. Next it annoits it with the smoke of various Hedge plants and then inscribes it with alchemical symbols. Finally it places the vessel inside a potter's furnace, transforming the flame into the Divine Fire. Each member of the throng spend a Willpower point to call the fetch's memories to this new Promethean.

Is it the same person or just someone who truly believes they are ? Or as suggested above, are they someone who needs to unlock the memories or only sees them from the outside? Who knows, what we know is that they are of an unprecedented Lineage.
    Last edited by KaiserAfini; 07-05-2019, 08:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Leliel
    replied
    Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
    Also, how do they complete lhe Generative Act before her corpse falls apart into whatever detritus it is made of under the Mask?
    Easy enough. The Promethean is an Unfleshed or trying to make a construct, and thus it is irrelevant.

I'm being funny, but I can see an Unfleshed deciding to make a progeny from a disintegrated fetch out of curiosity. If this bit of leaves was able to walk as a person, does that mean they were a Redeemed Unfleshed? And if not, will reusing material that was already a human make it easier or harder for the new Created to chase the New Dawn? A fascinating line of inquiry that will most likely make an Extempore.

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    Also, how do they complete lhe Generative Act before her corpse falls apart into whatever detritus it is made of under the Mask?

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    Some other thoughts: even if the Created retains the fetch's memories, it may end up retaining them one step removed: she recalls them as an outside observer recalling someone else's experiences. She can still learn from them; but it's more like learning from the records of a dead mentor.

Alternately, she might start out without any of her former memories or identity, but gradually recover them over the course of her Pilgrimage. In essence, her Pilgrimage becomes a blend of a regular Pilgrimage and an Arisen's Descent, with Pilgrimage doubling as Memory.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 04-13-2019, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    A canon nitpick: “becoming a Promethean” is “dying, and being replaced by a new Promethean”. In other words, your fetch wouldn't become a Promethean; it would die, and then its body would be reanimated as a newborn Promethean who has few to none of the fetch's memories and very likely an entirely different personality. There are four ways to deal with this, depending on two factors:

1. Do they know in advance that this is how it works? Prometheans only have their own experience to work with, and might not realize that the fetch will cease to exist instead of continuing its existence with a different metaphysical nature.

2. Is this, in fact, how it ends up working? One thing about Promethean is that miracles are real; exceptions exist to every rule, and (especially when qashmallim are involved) the impossible can and does happen. So just because “becoming a Promethean” normally means death and replacement, it may not turn it that way in this case.

So:

1. They don't know that the Generative act will kill the fetch, but it doesn't. This strikes me as a fairly boring option, at least in comparison to the alternatives: it won't be until long after the fact, as they learn more about the Pilgrimage and what's involved, that they'll come to realize just how bizarre the former fetch's conversion to the Created really was — if they ever come to realize it at all.

2. They do know that the Generative act will kill the fetch, but it doesn't. There's drama in the decision whether or not to go through with it, knowing what the cost will be; but if they do, the former fetch starts its new status as a Promethean with a miracle under its belt; that's going to affect its Pilgrimage considerably.

3. They know that the Generative act will kill the fetch, and it does. Same angst as the last option leading up to the Generative act; and if they go through with it, they have to cope with the loss of their friend whole raising its successor. But that's not as harsh as:

4. They don't know that the Generative act will kill the fetch, and it does. None of the angst during the buildup to the Generative act; but a lot more shock and grief afterward.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 07-09-2019, 10:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X