Playing more with Humanity and Paths and the pilgrimage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing more with Humanity and Paths and the pilgrimage

So I didn't get to read PtC 2nd ed yet, but I was hoping they went more the direction you don't start with a good amount of humanity. I like the whole Frankenstein starts off at ground floor and works to understand humanity and why you shouldn't strangle people when you get emotional. But if understand correctly you do start off not a psycho like in 1st ed. I may be wrong though like I said I need to read it still.

But I was hoping the Pilgrimage was more customizable this time around too. I wasn't the biggest fans of insisting the Storyteller writes out a rough outline of the Pilgrimage steps right at the beginning. I preferred something closer to Mages and their Arcane exp, were its contextual and their are a thousand different possible steps, they are just hard to find and navigate.

And also it would emphasize the Pilgrimage isn't impossible, its just Prometheans are often very unlucky and usually on their own.

And side question, did they ever address how the Frankenstein lineage exploded in number to be comparable to all the other Lineages. Like if they are about two centuries old around what point did they hit the we made it numbers and there are more then like 5 of us. I know the Created are Rare to begin with, and I need to read the Dark Eras II but do they address things like how starting off new lineages are a mystery and so rare, but we can dissect the path from Frankenstein making more and his grandkids making more.

Like how much did we end up getting on Varney's history? I read only some of the 1st ed books. Did we get any more fiction on Varney?

It is a time for great deeds!

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
    But if understand correctly you do start off not a psycho like in 1st ed. I may be wrong though like I said I need to read it still.
    You may notice, if you look around, that the various Second Editions have been pretty consistent about not every splat's equivalent of Integrity being mostly directly equivalent to First Edition's ladder-structure Morality Trait. Starting at Pilgrimage 1 doesn't say anything about a Promethean's mindset.

I preferred something closer to Mages and their Arcane exp, were its contextual and their are a thousand different possible steps, they are just hard to find and navigate.
    You are describing the means of getting Vitriol Experience that have existed since First Edition, but also, please finish reading the book.

And side question, did they ever address how the Frankenstein lineage exploded in number to be comparable to all the other Lineages. Like if they are about two centuries old around what point did they hit the we made it numbers and there are more then like 5 of us.
    The Lineage is recent enough that there's a real possibility that the original ritual notes are still circulating among demiurges. Also, "like five of us" is "we made it" numbers in a population that rarely breaks into the triple digits at any one point in time.

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

There's a difference between five around the world and more then two Dozen.

And okay I'll avoid this thread till I specifically read all the 2nd ed promethean book... but I need to read a lot of the books of the last 5 years so... I guess it will be half a decade before I can post here when I get around to deep diving this end of RPGdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
        There's a difference between five around the world and more then two Dozen.

And okay I'll avoid this thread till I specifically read all the 2nd ed promethean book... but I need to read a lot of the books of the last 5 years so... I guess it will be half a decade before I can post here when I get around to deep diving this end of RPGdom.
        If you're not going to read the relevant material before making a thread in relation to it, then why are you making the thread at all?

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
          If you're not going to read the relevant material before making a thread in relation to it, then why are you making the thread at all?

Because I'm curious and this is a spur of the moment thread... I put my cards on the table that I'm only familiar with 1st ed Prometheus. This isn't a sell me on Prometheus, but something in that vein where I'm just poking around. If I get chased off so be. But if you chase off everyone who expresses interest in this corner but hasn't read it yet well you are going to only get crickets on several of these subforums. I'm fine with that, but I remember say getting into certain gamelines late, like most of the Chronicles of Darkness games half a decade after they were around, or jumping onto Exalted on 2nd ed.

But If you narrow the acceptable "book competence" as a prerequisite for conversation, then you limit the traffic on the smaller sub forums.

I admited I have interest in it but haven't read the update, but if I can't just poke around and ask stupid questions...

Comment

It's fine.

Essentially Pilgrimage is a refinement on Promethean Humanity; you aren't a psycho when you start out, but you have no idea how to human. The big thing to remember is that Pilgrimage is like Integrity in one way - you can't zero out, you just get more Conditions for stepping backward. It's also fairly amoral; being the most nasty kind of Stannum Savage is just as valid for Vitriol and shoring up the meter as anything else, because Savage is a Role that embodies the kind of human that becomes a bandit and feels vengeful against society. This is part of why Freaks are so dangerous; once they become Centimanus, the meter freezes barring lacuna, so while a Centinani can always be saved, they never actually lose the ambition or ideals that stop them from stagnating. But you can still save them.

Comment

Working...
            X