New Dawn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dawn

After a Promethean successfully achieves New Dawn and gains his humanity, Could that former Promethean possibly Awaken to become a Mage, be embraced by a Vampire, be abducted by a True Fae and escape to be a Changeling, go through the devouring to be a Beast, or merge with a Geist to become a Sin-Eater?

Yes. The Redeemed is human for all intents and purposes.

The only exception I'd consider is if you choose to retain your memories of your Promethean existence when you Redeem; in particular, if you did well enough on your New Dawn to manage to retain a vestige of your Promethean powers, the Watchtowers might choose to pass you by. If you do take on a new template, it will likely be at the expense of your remaining Promethean abilities.

That said, the Storyteller has the final word.

Comment

Thank you for your insight.

Comment

I have often also speculated how a redeemed Promethean would feel if he had his new found humanity torn away shortly after receiving it by fate thrusting a new supernatural template on him? Especially, if he retained memories of his former life as a Promethean.

Comment

Originally posted by Darklander View Post
          I have often also speculated how a redeemed Promethean would feel if he had his new found humanity torn away shortly after receiving it by fate thrusting a new supernatural template on him? Especially, if he retained memories of his former life as a Promethean.
          A bitter twist of fate indeed, but at least the lack of torment would made the new state more comfortable, even enjoiable sometimes

Comment

I've toyed with the idea of a Deviant character who started out as a Zeka Promethean and somehow achieved New Dawn, only to experience divergence because of their own radioactivity.

Comment

Promethean 1e had a definite recurring trope of Redeemed being used to create new Prometheans.

Comment

Promethean 1e had a specific rule that if a Redeemed was used to create a Promethean, the resulting Promethean would remember his time as a human — and would very likely resent being reverted back to being a Promethean.

Comment

Working...
                X