X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darklander
    started a topic New Dawn

New Dawn

After a Promethean successfully achieves New Dawn and gains his humanity, Could that former Promethean possibly Awaken to become a Mage, be embraced by a Vampire, be abducted by a True Fae and escape to be a Changeling, go through the devouring to be a Beast, or merge with a Geist to become a Sin-Eater?

• Dataweaver
    replied
    Promethean 1e had a specific rule that if a Redeemed was used to create a Promethean, the resulting Promethean would remember his time as a human — and would very likely resent being reverted back to being a Promethean.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Promethean 1e had a definite recurring trope of Redeemed being used to create new Prometheans.

Leave a comment:

• Minty
    replied
    I've toyed with the idea of a Deviant character who started out as a Zeka Promethean and somehow achieved New Dawn, only to experience divergence because of their own radioactivity.

Leave a comment:

• Neos01
    replied
    Originally posted by Darklander View Post
    I have often also speculated how a redeemed Promethean would feel if he had his new found humanity torn away shortly after receiving it by fate thrusting a new supernatural template on him? Especially, if he retained memories of his former life as a Promethean.
    A bitter twist of fate indeed, but at least the lack of torment would made the new state more comfortable, even enjoiable sometimes

Leave a comment:

• Darklander
    replied
    I have often also speculated how a redeemed Promethean would feel if he had his new found humanity torn away shortly after receiving it by fate thrusting a new supernatural template on him? Especially, if he retained memories of his former life as a Promethean.

Leave a comment:

• Darklander
    replied
    Thank you for your insight.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    Yes. The Redeemed is human for all intents and purposes.

The only exception I'd consider is if you choose to retain your memories of your Promethean existence when you Redeem; in particular, if you did well enough on your New Dawn to manage to retain a vestige of your Promethean powers, the Watchtowers might choose to pass you by. If you do take on a new template, it will likely be at the expense of your remaining Promethean abilities.

That said, the Storyteller has the final word.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X