This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PenDragon View Post
    p. 70 appears to crash PDF Preview on Mac. Confirmed on two separate machines.
    Hmm... It doesn't crash on my Mac Book Air. What reader are you using?

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

p.123, Benefice: as near as I can tell, every other Transmutation includes a paragraph up front identifying what their four Alembics are. If Benefice has such a paragraph, I'm not seeing it.

Comment

p. 22: "...a thing that consumed much of zie’s time..." - should just be zir, no 's
        p. 22: "Combo knows that before zir’s Creator will forgive zir" - apostrophe S isn't needed.
        p. 40: "Sharing a humor with another kind of Promethean doesn’t make the Extempore just like a member of that Lineage, of course. An Extempore who is influenced by blood isn’t the same thing as a Galateid, of course." - not a typo, but that stuck out to me.
        p. 62: The Mercurius stereotype is out of alignment.
        Last edited by Yossarian; 08-03-2016, 09:31 PM.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
        Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

p. 70 appears to crash PDF Preview on Mac. Confirmed on two separate machines.
          Confirmed here, too, using GoodReader. Only it's not p.70; it's the 70th page.
          Last edited by Dataweaver; 08-03-2016, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
            Hmm... It doesn't crash on my Mac Book Air. What reader are you using?
            Preview, the one that come default with the OS. It could also be a version thing, I'm running 10.9.5, friend is running 10.7.5, both crash.

Onyx Path Moderator
            Mod Voice is RED*
            *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
            Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

Preview, the one that come default with the OS. It could also be a version thing, I'm running 10.9.5, friend is running 10.7.5, both crash.
              Oh, I use Acrobat, so that could be why. There was a noticable slow down scrolling to or from that page though.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

pg. 12 "Torment is an every-present thing."

Should be 'ever-present' I think.

Comment

I don't know if I'm the only one who has this, but it appears as if a lot of the pages have white text and are unreadable. I just updated adobe reader to see if it would fix the issue and it did not. Also tried to re-download the file. First PDF this has happened with, anyone have any idea what is going on?

Comment

p. 32: "No wonder the Ulgan want to be rid of anything associated them with spirits."

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

p. 33: "You may know that a picture of a lion is not an actual lion, some part of your brain can’t make that distinction." - I think there's a but missing.
                      p. 33: "N o one — not even the Unfleshed..." The word No is breaking weirdly.
                      p. 34: "Ivan’s path to humanity lies ns learning when not to strike."
                      p. 40: "...while an Extempore tied to ectoplasm might be more closely died to the ghosts of the dead than..."
                      p. 40: "...might find his that Torment causes hearing becomes sharper..."
                      p. 41: "Five them of are basic..."
                      Last edited by Yossarian; 08-04-2016, 12:26 AM.

Comment

pg. 3 The "Transmutations" heading at the end of the second column really should go on the next page.

pg. 5, but also in general: Is it just the font, or are the F's uncapitalized? And are 1's and 9s the same font sizes as the rest?

pg. 8 "Wisher greeted the morning, and all the myriad spirits with it." I really don't think the comma should be there.

pg. 11 "...with this attitude of casual detachment and myopia that is just sickening." I think "an attitude of casual detachment" is better.

pg. 11 I think the period should go after "world-changing" instead of after the parenthetical sentence.

pg. 16 "Imam furred his brow." I even looked this up in case it was a sense I didn't know, but I think "furred" should definitely be "furrowed."

pg. 23 "Tammuz may long for hard work, Osirans crave multiple perspectives to contemplate and integrate, and both Ulgansand the Unfleshed need more conventional Prometheans to anchor them." Delete the "may" after Tammuz for parallelism.

pg. 24 "One Muse might be a tall and powerfully built man with a chiseled jaw, another might have the
                        shape of an older woman, her face delicately spider-webbed with wrinkles, her eyes soft and gentle." I think there should be a "while" after the first comma, or make that comma a semi-colon.

pg. 26 I think it should be more like 5,000 or 6,000 years ago the Osirans should claim to have been born. 4,000 years ago was 2000 BC, the beginning of the Middle Kingdom, when mummification and the Osiris myth were already things from antiquity.

pg. 27 The text "They almost uniformly agree that Horus was a Pandoran and had nothing whatsoever to do with the Lineage as a whole." doesn't wrap correctly.

pg. 27 "...a divine providence to rule." I don't think you can use "providence" like that. Perhaps "a divine mandate to rule" or something along those lines.
                        Last edited by Anaximander; 08-04-2016, 02:00 AM.

Comment

p.227: "Ghosts always have Influence: Anchors, though may have other Influences as well as they increase in Rank." Recurring line in other books' instances of the Ephemeral Beings rules that is not borne out by most example ghosts and has been edited out in errata after being pointed out on previous occasions.

Resident Lore-Hound
                          Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

p. 168 "Maximum Azoth / Azoth per turn" should be Pyros / Pyros per turn.

Comment

p. 323 The Avalanche Tilt is not listed on the Environmental Tilts chart

Comment

pg. 75 "To reach the destination, the
                                Promethean cannot simply check off a list of milestones — she has to live them, learn from
                                them, and allow them events to change her."

should be 'the events' or similar.

pg. 259 "One of the most famous alchemical miracles is the
                                transformation of gold into lead"

should be lead into gold for purposes of the passage

pg. 261 "The kind of alchemists who hunts the Created
                                has everything a Promethean wants, but it isn’t enough for him.

should be alchemist for purposes of the sentence.
                                Last edited by Okami; 08-04-2016, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X