This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
    It also appears like this on the DTRPG page and OPP blog post about the book.
    ...the wording IS on the back cover of the book as: 'I know you're afraid – but so am!'

B.I.G. Bird spreads the word: Anybody with a heart votes love

Comment

P. 26: Second non-italicized paragraph, second line: "diving" should be "divine"
      P. 29: Second last paragraph: "When Tammuz create progeny, they chose..." Should be "choose"
      P. 32: Second column, second paragraph: "No wonder the Ulgan want to be rid of anything associated them with spirits." Delete "them"
      P. 34: Second paragraph: "None of the villagers even know her name" Should be "knows"
      P. 37: Second paragraph: "confuses her" should be "confuses him" Also "defending herself" should be "defending himself" Also "ns" should be "in"
      P. 38: Second column, third line: "Divine Fire manifesting" should be "Divine Fire is manifesting"
      P. 40: Second column, second paragraph: "might find his that Torment causes" should be "might find that Torment causes his"
      P. 45: Second column, second paragraph: "this eventually" should be "this eventuality"

Comment

Not sure if someone elsse noted these

An ongoing list of the Grammatical Errors I have found (will perpetualy update this post rather then making new ones...

Page 241

"If a Dormancy object" Should be

"If a Dormant object"

Page 149

"Obediently Obeys" is redundant.

At the Start of Page 169

it says "Maximum Azoth/Azoth per turn"

when it should say pyros there.

On page 69

Two uses (that I see) using the word "zir" in place of "here"
        Last edited by Prince of the Night; 08-10-2016, 06:12 PM.

Comment

p.262, paragraph 6: “Every alchemist labors under several persistent Conditions and Derangements, reflecting the way that their bodies and minds bend under the pressure of the Divine Fire.” Derangements are a kind of Condition in Chronicles of Darkness. As such, the underlined part is redundant.

Comment

p. 264: "...often have a fascination with the spectacular displays of Flux’ power..." - hypercorrection, or a typo - needs an S after the apostrophe

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
            Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Pages 235 and 262 both refer to Derangements, which I don't think are in 2e.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

p. 245: "...adding its dots in Wall Walking to Climbing roll." - should be rolls, I think.
                p. 253: The font of the paragraph immediately under the Solvent heading is the wrong size.
                p. 268: "Of all the Chronicles of Darkness’ characters..." - I'd put an apostrophe S there, because you'd pronounce it, but that's a judgement call
                p. 267: "Success resists the Aspect’s effects for the character’s Stamina in Turns (after which they must successfully resist again,) or..." - comma should be outside the parenthetical
                p. 268: "Most of the time, the Messengers appear as a humans or animals."
                p. 269: "deliberately choosing Missions for the scintillating flames" - should be uppercase
                p. 269: "One aspect of qashmallim Missions remains constant across every encounter; the Scintillating Flames work to a strict timetable." - should be a colon, not a semicolon
                p. 270: "...which correspond to the two forms of Pyros; Elpis and Flux." - colon, not a semicolon
                p. 270: "(that is, almost everyone that isn’t a Promethean,)" - comma should be outside the parenthetical
                p. 270: "...but the terms persist fo for Prometheans..."
                p. 270, sidebar: "...were created from qashmallim..." - needs italics
                p. 271: "(described in Chapter Four,) " - comma should be outside the parenthetical
                p. 271: "This effect extends to greater distancse the more powerful the qashmal is..."
                p. 271: "A qashmal’s natural form exists in a state of Twilight (see pg 223)..." - p. not pg
                p. 271: "...in the same way. (see pp. 223-228)" - the period should follow the parenthetical
                p. 272: "(with the Storyteller rolling Azoth + Resistance for the qashmal.)" - the period should follow the parenthetical
                p. 272: "He sees her stood at the platform as his train pulls away."
                p. 273: "Through refinements and milestones..." - caps?
                p. 273: "This one is a survey team; geologists, meteorologists, and the people needed to keep them alive on the Southern ice." - colon, not a semicolon
                p. 275: The asterisks before the bold words aren't bold, but the ones after are
                Last edited by Yossarian; 08-06-2016, 08:39 PM.

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

P.123 - Able Worker and P.125 - Bulwark both use the exact same text, as if one Distillation was copy & pasted over the other.

P.124 - The Fortified Compact mentions the Humanity mechanic, which is no longer a thing in 2nd Edition.

Comment

Not a typo, but I do think that while they're really appreciated, the book sort of overuses non-standard pronouns in an overbearing way that inhibits comprehension; I mean, Yossarian is the only one who seems to have noticed typos among them. I appreciate inclusiveness, but when the writers aren't familiar with it, it can come off as... I just think if they're going to be used, they should be used more naturally, and with more care. But I'm sure someone else has already started a thread complaining about them, for much different reasons.
                    Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                    Page 48, "Dysphoria is not an uncommon malady among the Created, stitched together according to another’s design, another’s will." Should this be dysmorphia instead of dysphoria? The refinement in general seems more focused on body image than existential issues.
                    I assumed it was intentional, and they are somewhat interchangable I actually liked that more than the pronouns. It felt more 'real' and closer to home...

Also, the Tengri story is confusing. I suppose that's the point, but it bears mentioning.

Alice as a sample character on pg. 25 mentions her maker as being kind, but that doesn't match her Ramble on pg. 9 where her maker was abusive and wanted a docile housewife.
                    Alice’s body came with a lot of baggage. It was beautiful, of course, but it carried terrible memories of abuse, pain, and violation. Even years after her creation, her eyes are still crimson with burst blood vessels. Her maker was a gentle creature and had no idea how to help her to deal with those memories of horrors she had never really felt. Now Alice avoids the Refinement of Gold and other gentler paths, preferring Tin, Copper, and Iron — studies that promise to make her so strong that nobody will ever be able to hurt her
                    Ramble as a screenshot for comparison:
                    Alice's ramble (and the rambles in general) is another nice aspect.

Also, other people mentioned problems on certain readers; my Kindle has trouble picking up the lettering on the headers. It shows the outline but not the image itself, though the fault may be entirely on my Fire.
                    Last edited by Aspel; 08-07-2016, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aspel View Post
                      Not a typo, but I do think that while they're really appreciated, the book sort of overuses non-standard pronouns in an overbearing way that inhibits comprehension; I mean, Yossarian is the only one who seems to have noticed typos among them. I appreciate inclusiveness, but when the writers aren't familiar with it, it can come off as... I just think if they're going to be used, they should be used more naturally, and with more care. But I'm sure someone else has already started a thread complaining about them, for much different reasons.
                      I noticed because I'm a horrible nitpicker, but I'd say this really isn't the thread for this discussion.

Comment

P. 108 "flexes her more tighter than they were made to be."

Several ways to change that, but currently it's a mess.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Pg. 141: The Volatile Corona Distillation of the Solar Flare Alembic makes mention of the Photosynthesis Alembic and something called Light Points. This is mentioned nowhere else in the book, and appears to serve only to modify Solar Flare so that it becomes, in addition to an Extreme Environment, a well-lit Extreme Environment that produces natural sunlight.

My Homebrew Hub

Comment

Seconding the issue on pages 70 and beyond (aka the Phosphorum section) taking a long time to load and causing my reader (in this case, iBooks on iOS) to crash.

Tried using Adobe Reader on my desktop computer and that actually worked fine, although it took slightly longer for those pages to finish loading.

Comment

pg. 278 "Epicure," not "Epiucure."

pg. 278 Italicize "sublimatus" in the Epicure write-up.

pg. 279 "Sacramento was the ultimate destination for untold numbers of human settlers as well as the Prometheans..." There should be a comma before "as well."

pg. 280 Italicize "qashmallim" and "qashmal" in the Story Hook section.

pg. 282 "The Created sympathize with this struggle and pass through Tijuana for very similar reasons to their human counterparts; they simply want a place to call home." The semi-colon should be a colon.

pg. 282 "It borders the United States, San Diego California in particular..." There should be a comma before "California."

The bookmark link is misspelled: "The Seoul isin the Software" rather than "The Seoul is in the Software."

pg. 283 "many, maybe hundreds of these older dolls..." There should be a comma after "hundreds."

pg. 284 "...stylized after the Haniwa funeral statues from second to third century CE." There should be a "the" after "from.

pg. 284 "The existence of such a mob might very well be enough to take a trip to Japan to discover what could cause such a thing." Some sort of word or phrase between "enough" and "to" should be added. "Reason" would work.

pg. 285 "Tempe is a much more academic point..." "Point"? Not "town" or something?

pg. 285 "He’s lobbied for unprecedented budgets and his team’s conviction rate is downright draconian." There should be a comma before "and."

pg. 286 "It researches each potential candidate, and takes the image of whomever or whatever it feels he most needs to see." I don't think the comma is necessary.

pg. 286 "As local news scrambles for ratings, stations have discussed features on the team, and the college." I don't think the comma is necessary.

pg. 286 "Herr Doktor's" rather than "herr Doktor's."

pg. 286 "...but it is the wealthiest and it’s considered the lightning capital of the world..." There should be a comma before "and."

pg. 286 Italicize the first "Dippelgesellschaft."

pg. 287 "following a Sublimatus that commands their loyalty through charisma and fellowship rather than mystical authority." Sublimatus should be italicized and lower-case.

pg. 289 "...the Golden Way was once a bustling street and the repository ancient alchemical texts." There should be a word between "repository" and "ancient." "Of," perhaps.

pg. 303 "Answers a question in exchange for a memory" needs a period.

pg. 303 "If he has completed at least six Refinements, the character can choose in that moment whether to remember his journey, or forget it all." I don't think the comma before "or" is necessary.

Comment

The entry about the Benefice Transmutation lacks a sentence summarizing the Alembics (and, as another posted out, the whole text of the Bulwark transmutation)

Comment

Working...
                                X