X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rose Bailey
    started a topic Promethean 2e errata thread

Promethean 2e errata thread

Promethean is coming out on Wednesday. When it does, please report any typos or visual glitches you find here.

Discussion of the book should go in other threads.

Thanks!

• Aspel
    replied
    I'm not even sure how to list this, or whether this is the right thread for it, but the number of Roles/Refinements needed to complete the Great Work is incredibly inconsistent. It's been quite a headache for my group's chargen.

In order to complete the Great Work, a character has to internalize lessons from at least four Refinements — two basic Refinements and two complex Refinements.
    [...]
    Though it may seem easier to complete a Pilgrimage based on few Refinements rather than all ten, that’s not the case.
    The Promethean has to complete the same number of Roles either way. Taking in eight or ten Refinements means changing between disparate Roles, going from a Hermit to a Leader to an Ascetic, which means greater changes in the character’s outlook and facets of her personality. Fewer Refinements means the character must take on more Roles from them, giving the character greater consistency at the expense of mystical experience.
    [...]
    The player then notes down ten Roles that are part of the Refinements on his character’s Pilgrimage. The Promethean must pass through most of these Roles to get to the point of the New Dawn. As long as she has completed at least one Role in each Refinement on her Pilgrimage, and at least eight Roles in total, she can attempt the New Dawn. She will, however, have a much better chance if she completes all ten Roles.

Just on page 177 we have information that while not necessarily conflicting seems written without the other passages in mind. Do the number of Roles matter, or the actual Refinements?

Page 186 says 8 Roles, but doesn't mention Refinements
    In order to attempt the Magnum Opus, a Promethean must complete at least eight Roles, including at least one Role in every Refinement that is on her Pilgrimage. Any Roles not related to her Pilgrimage do not count towards this transformation.
    But later on it says that how well you do on the New Dawn roll is based on how many Refinements you've completed, once again treating 10 as the max (12 would be the maximum number of Roles you can complete in Refinements on your Pilgrimage). The chart on page 187 also lists it as being based on Refinements.
    In game terms, the exact results depend on the number of Refinements that the character has completed. If the character has completed six or more Refinements, the player can choose whether her character remembers her experiences, or remembers her human life.

296 once again talks about 8 Roles across at least four Refinements
    A Pilgrimage has to encompass at least four Refinements and at minimum eight Roles.

Other than the chart, it's not exactly inconsistent, but none of the sections can really seem to agree on everything. 177 is the only place that needing two Basic and two Complex Refinements is necessary. In writing this post, I think I've figured out what the book means, but I really wish I didn't have to piece it together so much. And I'm still not sure.

For an actual typo: Ava is the ST, Milly is Seeda's player; the Pilgrimage sheet image lists Ava as the player.
    Last edited by Aspel; 08-22-2016, 07:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    p178: "While she studies the Refinement of Flux, she cannot achieve any milestones towards her Pilgrimage and cannot generate or spend Vitriol." The Persistent effect of the Mutation Alembic is entirely reliant on the expenditure of Vitriol Experiences, and removing their ability to buy up Azoth with Vitriol cuts out arguably the most major reason one might perform the lacuna — having more unspent Vitriol in your system lets you pour more Pyros into trying to spawn Pandorans, but that's a penalty that's easily duplicated through raw persistence.

p186: "In game terms, every two points of Pyros she spends grants her one die in her pool, up to a maximum dice pool of her Azoth. She then applies the appropriate modifiers to the dice pool for her situation, and rolls the resulting pool." Azoth and Pyros expenditure rate proceed in lockstep and the mechanics do not specify whether the animation attempt is an instant action subject to the per-turn limit.

Leave a comment:

• Yossarian
    replied
    Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
    No, the text is correct as written: “Each of the Roles that make up a given Refinement has its own…”
    Ahhh yes. Cheerfully withdrawn! I read that completely wrong.
    Last edited by Yossarian; 08-17-2016, 06:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
    p. 178: “Each of the Roles that make up a given Refinement has its own breaking point — a moment where the Promethean demonstrates that she hasn’t learned the lesson of a Role.” — should be “have their own breaking points” I think
    No, the text is correct as written: “Each of the Roles that make up a given Refinement has its own…”

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    p.168, first line: “Maximum Azoth/Azoth per turn” should be “Maximum Pyros/Pyros per turn”.

Leave a comment:

• Yossarian
    replied
    I can't find if this got mentioned before, but the opening quote is off. It should go "We are what we pretend to be..."

Leave a comment:

• Yossarian
    replied
    p. 14: "...when he finally attempts it, learns that he is every bit the ghoulish creature they see him to be." - missing a he
    Last edited by Yossarian; 08-17-2016, 04:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• eberg
    replied
    - (p 178) In the Pilgrimage die pool chart, 4 in the first column should be 3-4.
    - (p 209) Type makes reference to "metal club" which doesn't exist on the table, it should be replaced with "baton".
    - (p 212) Extreme environment chart numbering doesn't mesh with the paragraph prior. "Safe environment" should be 0 and the rest renumbered 1-4 to match (or remove Safe environment entirely).
    - (p 220) Stun gun die bonus should be +1 to +3 (to match the three intensities).
    - (p 229) Under "Causing the Condition" for Open, it says that the Control Influence can create it, but it should be Strengthen Influence.
    - (p 229) Under "Causing the Condition" for Controlled, it should say that the Control Influence can create it, to be consistent with the write-ups for Resonant and Open.

Leave a comment:

• Yossarian
    replied
    p. 13, sidebar: The period after "Prometheans are violent." isn't in bold.
    p. 178: "Each of the Roles that make up a given Refinement has its own breaking point — a moment where the Promethean demonstrates that she hasn’t learned the lesson of a Role." - should be "have their own breaking points" I think
    Last edited by Yossarian; 08-16-2016, 09:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Yossarian
    replied
    p. 69: "Fake it ‘till you make it." - till, not 'till
    p. 112: "When creating an Azothic Object, the character must first create the object."
    p. 193: "Finally, most human characters possesses a personal Virtue and Vice..."
    p. 202: "This section lists the ones used most commonly in Promethean: The Created. For a more complete list, see the Chronicles of Darkness Rulebook." - The list that follows this text is exactly the same as what's in CofD (p. 72). This seems to be a bit of an artifact from when GMC came out and certain things still had to reference the nWoD core.
    p. 282: "Most of these abductees died terrible deaths as result of failed experiments."

This might not be an error, but: the initial pages of each chapter (11, 19, 75, 99, 193, 239, 237, 293, 305) don't have visible page numbers.
    Last edited by Yossarian; 08-15-2016, 03:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    Page 83, (concerning Ulgan Wasteland) "When an Ulgan creates a Wasteland, the mortals’ fears are proven right as the veil between the flesh world and the Twilight thins, calling out to spirits and creating hauntings." Another instance of "the twilight", should probably be the shadow.

Page 109, (concerning Osirian Bestowments) "These Prometheans exist on a strange line between the flesh and soul, between the physical and the Twilight." Another instance of "the twilight", should probably be the underworld.
    Last edited by Charlaquin; 08-14-2016, 01:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• shkspr1048
    replied
    P.187 - In theory, a Redeemed can have access to any Alembic, but many Distillations refer to a character's Azoth rating in their effects, which Redeemed no longer have.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Unless I am missing something, page 141 references a "Photosynthesis Alembic" that doesn't appear to exist elsewhere in the book.

Leave a comment:

• Metamurpho
    replied
    The top line of p. 126 should read " makes it easy for her [to] leverage the person by playing to his faults."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X