This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promethean 2e errata thread

Promethean is coming out on Wednesday. When it does, please report any typos or visual glitches you find here.

Discussion of the book should go in other threads.

Thanks!

Cavaliers of Mars Creator
    Retired CofD Lead

Check out my guides to Vampire and my indie games!

P.329, the very last

"... but so am!" should be <but so am I!>, right?

P.9

"I like think" should be <I like to think>
    Last edited by Daigotsu Max; 08-03-2016, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Pg 9, paragraph 1, sentence 2.
      Missing I between "happened if" and "spoke up"

Black Lives Matter

He/His Pronouns | CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

p.20, para.6; p.22, para.5, para.6 (twice); p.25, para.6 (thrice), and more: “Humor(s)” should be “Humour(s)”; and so on. Search for “Humor”.

Comment

P. 14: misspelled Schwarzenegger

P. 14: "when he finally attempts it, learns that he is every bit the ghoulish creature they see him to be" seems like it's missing a 'he' after the coma

Comment

p. 20: "...but no none of them wear it as clearly...."
            p. 22: The Frankensteins don't have an Extempore stereotype, unlike the other Lineages
            p. 24: "Among the many Greek myths that has survived to the modern day is story of Pygmalion and Galatea..."
            pp. 25, 108, 255: "Unearthly Mein" - should be Mien
            p. 26: "...the only Lineage claiming diving ancestry."
            Last edited by Yossarian; 08-03-2016, 06:59 PM.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
            Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Page 33, "Tengri sent Ulgan into Twilight bodily and alive. The spirits tore Ulgan to pieces, and when they were done, Tengri remade him." Twilight isn't a place Tengri could have sent Ulgan into, particularly not bodily. Perhaps this should be "Tengri sent Ulgan into Shadow bodily and alive"? Either that, or restructure the sentence to better communicate that Tengri changed Ulgan's body into Twilght.

Similarly, "Then she expends ectoplasm, covering the body with it until it dissolves into Twilight, where the spirits tear it apart before leaving. Pulling the body pieces back into the physical realm, the creator binds them together with ectoplasm, imbuing it with his Azoth." If the body dissolves into Twilight, it never leaves the physical realm. It should either reach into Shadow and be pulled back into the physical realm, or it should dissolve into Twilight and be rematerialized into physical matter.

EDIT: Might also want to change the passage on page 34, "The Ulgan are driven by the strange nothingness, the spirit-stuff that belongs more properly in Twilight or fully in the spirit world." Saying, "belongs more properly as Twilight" or "belongs more properly in Twilight form" might be more clear.
              Last edited by Charlaquin; 08-03-2016, 09:15 PM.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                Page 33, &quot;Tengri sent Ulgan into Twilight bodily and alive. The spirits tore Ulgan to pieces, and when they were done, Tengri remade him.&quot; Twilight isn't a place Tengri could have sent Ulgan into, particularly not bodily. Perhaps this should be &quot;Tengri sent Ulgan into Shadow bodily and alive&quot;? Either that, or restructure the sentence to better communicate that Tengri changed Ulgan's body into Twilght.

Similarly, &quot;Then she expends ectoplasm, covering the body with it until it dissolves into Twilight, where the spirits tear it apart before leaving. Pulling the body pieces back into the physical realm, the creator binds them together with ectoplasm, imbuing it with his Azoth.&quot; If the body dissolves into Twilight, it never leaves the physical realm. It should either reach into Shadow and be pulled back into the physical realm, or it should dissolve into Twilight and be rematerialized into physical matter.
                [cue Mummy laughing about how Twilight might be a place after all]

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

p. 235: "...she gains a temporary derangement..."- Derangements aren't part of the system anymore
                  p. 262: "...labors under several persistent Conditions and Derangements..." - as above; should just be Conditions
                  Last edited by Yossarian; 08-03-2016, 07:51 PM.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
                  Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                    [cue Mummy laughing about how Twilight might be a place after all]
                    Eeeehhh, Mummy can talk to me when it's updated to 2e. 1e was much more loosey-goosey on the subject of whether Twilight was a state or a place than 2e has been, what with Twilight as a way to exist within the physical world being baked into the ephemeral entity mechanics and Mage getting errata on Ghost Gate to insure the description is consistent with the metaphysics.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

p.102: “Experience Costs” should be a header; it isn't.

Comment

p.106, under Fury: “For too many people, anger comes easily, but someone with Hate as her Elpis likely doesn't know what it's like to feel true hatred.” Shouldn't “Hate” be “Fury” here?

Comment

p.121: We poor backward Americans still use Fahrenheit rather than Celcius. Please accommodate us by including Fahrenheit temperatures as well as Celcius on the table.

Comment

p. 70 appears to crash PDF Preview on Mac. Confirmed on two separate machines.

Onyx Path Moderator
                            Mod Voice is RED*
                            *All other colors should be read aloud in the voice of Don Knotts.
                            Hacks and House Rules Hub Thread

CofD Hacks By Splat: Vampire | Werewolf | Mage | Mummy | Demon

Comment

Originally posted by PenDragon View Post
                              p. 70 appears to crash PDF Preview on Mac. Confirmed on two separate machines.
                              While it didn't crash my iPad, Bookman had a really hard time with that page as well.

Black Lives Matter

He/His Pronouns | CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

Working...
                              X