Homebrew Bestowments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falling Apart
    Frankensteins are infamous for being patchwork people, but a few of them see this as an advantage as much as it is a disadvantage. You can spend 1 point of Pyros to voluntarily detach an arm or leg, allowing it to move as you command, in exchange for taking the Arm or Leg Wrack Tilt until it's returned or replaced. Your perception is still limited to your normal sense, but you can choose to spend another point of Pyros to remove an eye and attach it to the limb. The limb can crawl at a speed of 3, and retain any abilities the limb would normally possess (e.g. opposable thumbs).

Genius: the Transgression 2E is a thing that's being worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Oh yes, sorry (confused WoD and ChoD terminology for a sec).

Would a Skill getting the rote quality be powerful enough?

Depends on the skill. Rote quality makes multiple successes more likely (and therefore exceptional successes), so in situations where you've got opposed rolls or extended actions (or combat), it's pretty baller.

Matthew McFarland
      Writer, developer, etc.
      Undead for Chill 3rd Ed now on Kickstarter!

Comment

Breath of Emotion
        Aisling was meant to be a Muse, but the body used to make her belonged to a woman who had been taken to a land of Thorns. Whenever a character rolls for Disquiet in her presence, she may spend a Willpower point to roll Azoth + Composure. Each success gives a point of Pyros, but causes the harvested character to suffer one stage of Disquiet in addition to the Disquiet roll results.

"My Homebrew Hub"
        Age of Azar
        The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Latest addition to this thread in a long time.

Stone Sense [Tammuz]
          As children of the earth, the Golem can perceive the world through it. Whenever she is standing on solid earth or metal, she takes no penalties and gains a +3 bonus to all perception rolls made to spot any objects or people in contact with the same surface. This benefit extends up to a maximum radius of five yards per dot of Azoth.
          Last edited by Deionscribe; 01-28-2017, 01:21 AM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
          Age of Azar
          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Reaper of Souls [Osiran]
            With a progenitor once honored as the god of the dead, the Osiran is empowered to render final judgment upon his foes. He adds +3 to his attack when performing a killing blow.

Shadow Coil [Ulgan]
            The Ulgan may lack a human soul, but his connection to the spirit world nonetheless allows him to banish shades and spirits with ease. He can perform Abjurations, Exorcisms, and Wardings like a mortal, substituting his Pilgrimage dots in place of Integrity.

The Four Winds
            Habagat was created when Azoth was imbued into the body of a typhoon victim, and he has since learned how to command the winds to his side. By spending a point of Pyros, he can use the five-dot version of Psychokinesis [Wind].
            Last edited by Deionscribe; 02-03-2017, 03:35 AM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
            Age of Azar
            The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Just about any Osiran Bestowment pales in comparison to Revivification. I'd like to see abilities for any Lineage that aim for that level of "iconic power that significantly alters how the character is played."

2E Legacy Updates
              Brotherhood of the Demon Wind
              Choir of Hashmallim (plus extra Summoning content)
              Storm Keepers

Comment

Originally posted by Caladriu View Post
                Just about any Osiran Bestowment pales in comparison to Revivification. I'd like to see abilities for any Lineage that aim for that level of "iconic power that significantly alters how the character is played."
                Yeah. It is kind of hard to work out Bestowments which match Corpse Tongue and Revivification in terms of kick.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                Age of Azar
                The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Nightbringer
                  Marius' body was torn apart by an entity that was no mere spirit, and its Essence has left him a living source of terrible dreams. Anyone attempting to sleep within the radius of the Extempore's Azothic Radiance must succeed at a Resolve + Composure roll or suffer debilitating nightmares, regaining no Willpower from rest and gaining the Paranoia Condition. This is identical to the Nightmare Plague Dread Power.

Pyroclasm
                  Taking his name from the volcano that birthed him, Apung Maliari can unleash the pyroclastic flows it spewed forth with its eruption. By spending a point of Pyros, he can inflict the Extreme Heat Tilt within a radius of ten yards per dot of Azoth for the scene, unless he chooses to end it sooner. Furthermore, characters affected by the Tilt begin with an initial penalty to all rolls equal to half the Extempore's Azoth, rounded up.
                  Last edited by Deionscribe; 02-08-2017, 11:49 AM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                  Age of Azar
                  The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Angelic [Any]
                    You were built with wings. You can fly at your Speed, modified by any powers as normal for a number of minutes equal to your Azoth. Wings are considered a form of disfigurement, which can be hidden from sight by the promethean nature when not in use, and inflict Disquiet when in use and/or otherwise visible to the human eye.

Comment

Originally posted by MCN View Post
                      Angelic [Any]
                      You were built with wings. You can fly at your Speed, modified by any powers as normal for a number of minutes equal to your Azoth. Wings are considered a form of disfigurement, which can be hidden from sight by the promethean nature when not in use, and inflict Disquiet when in use and/or otherwise visible to the human eye.
                      I'd probably flesh it out as a Pandoran Dread Power more than as a Bestowment.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                      Age of Azar
                      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

And I wouldn't.

Comment

Star Seeker
                          Born under a confluence of Azoth and Sekhem, Ren knows that the stars come and go around him, moved by Fate on a Pilgrimage of their own. He can perceive manifest seba as visible objects, and is aware of Convergence events which occur within his Azothic Radiance.

Wheel of Time
                          For each death he suffers, Wasir feels the Divine Fire within him fade slightly. But as long as he keeps moving through his Pilgrimage, death has no hold on him. He benefits from Revivification, but sacrifices a dot of Azoth or Pilgrimage instead when he dies. If this would remove his last dot on both traits, he dies for good.

Zodiac
                          Polaris has traveled long throughout the Saturnine Night, but he is never without guidance so long as he sees the stars in the sky. Once per chapter, he can spend a point of Pyros after a minute of stargazing to invoke an Elpis vision.
                          Last edited by Deionscribe; 02-09-2017, 08:52 AM.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                          Age of Azar
                          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Web of Shadows
                            The Divine Fire within Taran is tainted with the energies of the spider demon that once rode his body. He may spend Pyros to use the Gauntlet Webs Dread Power.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                            Age of Azar
                            The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Working...
                            X