No announcement yet.

The Awful Ice [Setting Material]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

added the Crystal Walkers. The next would be Valkyries, either later today or tomorrow. the Domemim would be added later, as they are mean to be the intelligent, seedpod sympathetic, semi playable splat, which would require some work (I've started watch the Game of Thrones just because I search for inspiration for them. I've read the books, but stopped at the second part of Feast for Crows while screaming "why do I do it for myself?" :P )

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
    I now blog in here

Comment

Finished the Valkyries. I think I'll finish the Domemim last, as they require the most work, and skip first to the Crossover section.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

I now blog in here

Comment

so I've found a new, unexpected inspiration for the Domemim after watching Penny Dreadful- the basic idea for them was, after all, making them into some sort of immortals, people who were "perfected" by the Ice and have been frozen in time, which is kinda a Dorian Gray kind of thing. While I'm aware of the Eternals from Immortals, we did had Doll in antagonists before we got got the theme of "man made people" expanded in Promethean, so I think we could still use them as a base for the idea and expand it. While some aspects of the Domemim are kinda obvious (immortality, regeneration, immunity to sickness and poisons, etc), and I'm more or less sure of their core mechanics (Integrity with a little variation, having a controlled Kerakh score together with a static Chefor rating) I'm still not that sure about how to style their powers- especially when balanced against having an unlimited Chefor supply. Plus. haven't yet decided if they cut their own heart out and put it "in ice" or do so metaphorically, using a object as a focus of their self (like the Eternals). Open to suggestions.

I now blog in here

Comment

and finished the Crossover section. All that's left is making the Domemim template!

I now blog in here

Comment

and I've finally finished the Domemim! Eventually, they got a lot more like Dorian Gray than the Others, but oh well. Anyway, that finish the project. Hope you liked it!
            Last edited by LostLight; 08-21-2016, 02:27 PM.

I now blog in here

Comment

Not sure if I'll use this exact idea in The Lightning Chronicle, but it did inspire some antagonists.

Comment

Very interesting. Though if I use it, I'll probably adapt its interactions with vampires to make it plausible for it to be their origin.

Don't worry about similarities to the God Machine: clockwork is very different from stillness.

Comment

Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
                  Very interesting. Though if I use it, I'll probably adapt its interactions with vampires to make it plausible for it to be their origin.

Don't worry about similarities to the God Machine: clockwork is very different from stillness.
                  thanks! I kinda like how it turned out. I think about adding a fiction to one of the chapters for a while now. I think I'll write it down when I'll have some time.

I now blog in here

Comment

Working...
                  X