Alembics and the New Dawn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alembics and the New Dawn

So, it is possible for a Redeemed Promethean to retain at least one Alembic. However, some Alembics have effects dependent on an Azoth rating, which the Redeemed do not have. How should this be resolved? Perhaps by using the Redeemed's Integrity trait? Or their pre-New Dawn Azoth rating?

Not Integrity. But maybe the higher of Resolve or Composure, paralleling how Pyros expenditures get transformed into Willpower expenditures.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
      Not Integrity. But maybe the higher of Resolve or Composure, paralleling how Pyros expenditures get transformed into Willpower expenditures.
      What about the Willpower score (or Resolve + Composure)? Sure, it can get high, but considering the Redeemed only has that one Alembic, it isn't too potent.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

What about the Willpower score (or Resolve + Composure)? Sure, it can get high, but considering the Redeemed only has that one Alembic, it isn't too potent.
        Hm.... did you read the Unconqueredd Alembic from Vitality recently? I'd suggest reading it before suggesting things like these.

As far as I'm concerned, sadly, a mortal has an Azoth score of 0. I could see the argument for a score of 1 and I wouldn't argue.

Glorious Useless-Post Prana
        Cost: 2m; Mins: Linguistics 1, Essence 1 Type: Simple
        Keywords: Mute
        Duration: Instant
        Prerequisite Charms: Ten-Characters Methodology

Comment

Stick this into the errata thread, please?

Comment

Working...
          X