No announcement yet.

Simulacre: An Alternative Morality Stat for Prometheans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah; Athanors that grant social merits would take a hit in this setup; but even as written, they’d still be useful in that they’d allow you to spend those successes on other rewards. That said, my own inclination would be to rewrite those Athanors to grant ongoing benefits above and beyond their social merits.

As for the idea that Redemption ought to be an unblemished positive, we’re just going to have to agree to disagree on this point. As with your opinion that Alchemy should be an absolute positive and that no Pilgrimage should ever be impossible, I’m not fond of anything in the World of Darkness being an unqualified good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
      Yeah; Athanors that grant social merits would take a hit in this setup; but even as written, they’d still be useful in that they’d allow you to spend those successes on other rewards. That said, my own inclination would be to rewrite those Athanors to grant ongoing benefits above and beyond their social merits.
      I think some of them would simply not work as being rewritten. Unicorn for example, there's not really any way to do beauty except striking looks and with the role beauty plays in modern culture it is an exceptionally appropriate athanor concept.

I'm also not really sold on the magically building a social life. Athanors are really limited and based heavily on who you want to be so that makes sense, but I kind of feel that when you feel you start getting close you should actually be making plans to settle down not having it handed to you on a magical platter.

As for the idea that Redemption ought to be an unblemished positive
      That's not what I said. I said that high Simulacre should give no drawbacks to becoming human. It can give drawbacks elsewhere of course. It does have huge drawbacks.

As with your opinion that Alchemy should be an absolute positive
      When did I ever say that?

and that no Pilgrimage should ever be impossible
      I said that no pilgrimage should never start as impossible. I'm ok with a Promethean screwing up so badly they loose their chance for good, but on the day a Promethian is born always it has a chance. The Pilgrimage is the core of the game, and failing to become human only means anything if you had a chance to fail.
      Last edited by The Kings Raven; 11-19-2013, 07:08 PM.

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
      My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
      Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

I am reading this whole thread. Does it count as re-reading since it's on a new forum?
        Might I propose collaboration?
        Also, thank you for the kind words about Beacons
        That was very team-effort and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Burdens still drive me batty. I fielded them like Aspirations initially, but like them more as a replacement for Milestones. Honestly, if we *did* have an Obsessions-equivalent (the Arcane Aspirations DaveB wrote up for the stop-gap Mage stuff), they'd honestly be best served as replacing Milestones anyway. Both fill the the "Second Supernatural XP" bar, and both tie directly into that supernatural type, so like.
        It's all about what they look like. I like them being closer to Banes (obviously).
        Last edited by Ben Quo; 12-02-2013, 08:21 PM.

My Promethean Homebrew.

Yes, I made it the same way as a Promethean. No, the authorities haven't found me yet.

Comment

Working...
        X