Let's Cast Them Created!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Cast Them Created!

Hey guys,so i've been all over Promethean for a while now. And i was amazed with the huge amount of sample characters we have for each Lineage, Refinement and Ramble. So i decided to cast them! Since there are more or less 80 of them,i'll use not only famous actors,but also actors from my country's telenovelas. (i'm brazilian). And famous people who ain't actors if i feel like could bring these characters to life.Besides thie frum will let me post 4 images at a time,so i'll have to two posts for each Lineage and Refinement.Sorry.So,let's begin?

Frankensteins

Marv
    This guy gives me the impression that he would look pretty freaky even without his disfigurements showing up,he'd look pretty beaten up,scarred and just plain sad,i also seem him as thin instead of brutish like the average Karloff.so... there's one man that comes to mind
    Willian Fitchner

Combo
    Combo is a fun ride,a person who just can't figure out who Zie is,i think we all fell like that sometimes,and i think...

Hari nef will show that struggle just right!

Chicago

I LOVE CHICAGO! She just captures exactly what i think when i think "Frankenstein". She has the rbavery and the angst,and when i think of her i think of a woman who could whatever the fuck the world will throw at her and rise up,even if what rises up it's not verry happy. So my first cast that's not an actress
    The Soccer player! Martha Viera! She's from the Brazilan soccer team,look at her,she's just the toughest lady on the block!

Hakan
    This fellow here is the least hopeful of our stiched bunch,he's just doesnt like people anymore. To the point he pretty much gave up on being people. I Don't agree. But i can relate. In my Mind,Hakan was made from the corpses of older people With that in Mind i found someone who can portray Hakan's fierceness and anger

The master himself,Pat Morita!
    Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 08-19-2016, 05:43 PM.

Widow
    Widow it's like a goddamn mythological harpy,she's on a revenge mission and she is not fucking around. at all. she wants to bring the pain and who else can bring the pain but

Helene Boham carter?
    Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 08-19-2016, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Oooh, don't cast cis people in trans roles. It's like the gender equivalent of whitewashing, and it's one of the reasons I can't afford to be out in my professional life.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
        Oooh, don't cast cis people in trans roles. It's like the gender equivalent of whitewashing, and it's one of the reasons I can't afford to be out in my professional life.
        i'm so sorry,i honestly forgot i could just google "Transexual actors" to find one of them to be Combo,i'll fix it!

Comment

... I get how whitewashing works (and I'm not really a fan of it either), but saying cis can't play trans is like saying straight can't play gay or French can't play English. Isn't the whole point of being an actor to play roles?

Glorious Useless-Post Prana
          Cost: 2m; Mins: Linguistics 1, Essence 1 Type: Simple
          Keywords: Mute
          Duration: Instant
          Prerequisite Charms: Ten-Characters Methodology

Comment

Galateids!

Niccolai
            Nicci here is one tough flower,created to be the Ultimate BDSM partner,ready to gain the ultimate pleasure by have the living fuck beat out of him holy shit! He can endure a lot of stuff and love every bloody second while still looking like prince charming,and speaking of the prince...

Yep,the king of the north is our bdsm enthusiast. hope he has fun

Alice
            Alice has a lot of fear inside her,she remembers a great deal of abuse,Abuse that happened to her body not herself ,But still hurts to remember. She's trying be strong and i think she is in the right track. and who will show us that track?

Joan jett will!

Erik
            Erik is all about Belief. He loves the fervor which people use to fight for their ideals,the hope we all have,hope that we can and will make the world a better place. and that WE will be better as well

Ricardo Montaban,who else fights for his ideals better than Khan?

Dorothea
            She's having a hard time. Dorothea has to deal tand people shouting obscene shit at her. I've dealt with something very similar as teen,and it got to my bloody nerves. I respect her not just throiwng fireballs of pyros at them rude folks,i probably would. She's a marvel of self control.

Liz taylor. Just look at her,we all know she would never stoop so low as acknowledge any obscene thing anyone said to her with a fireball. Just look at her she would pass through people catcalling her and wouldn't care!

Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 08-19-2016, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Tabitha
              Tabitha is like a teraphist,she feeld the galteid need to be around people and to show and receive love,she was made from the body of 12 year old. And she became a surrogate daughter to families who need to grief. It's tough,specially because she look twelve,but she's still growing up and she doesnt know if she can keep doing it anymore

I feel like mara wilson's cuteness speak for itself!

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum Opus View Post
                ... I get how whitewashing works (and I'm not really a fan of it either), but saying cis can't play trans is like saying straight can't play gay or French can't play English. Isn't the whole point of being an actor to play roles?
                The problem is, casting is a zero sum game. A role that goes to someone else is a role that doesn't go to me, which means I have to find another way to pay my bills until the next role comes along. With my deep voice and prominent Adam's apple, I will never be cast in a role as a cis woman. I just won't. If I were to go on HRT (which I would want to if it wouldn't jeopardize my career), those things wouldn't change. But, I would grow breasts, which would mean I would never be cast in a role as cis man either. That would leave me with trans roles only, which there aren't many of to begin with. As long as those roles are going to cis men, acting will never be a viable career for trans people who don't pass invisibly.
                Last edited by Charlaquin; 08-19-2016, 02:35 PM.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

The problem is casting depends so heavily on superficial details. With my deep voice and prominent Adam's apple, I will never be cast in a role as a cis woman. I just won't. If I were to go on HRT (which I would want to if it wouldn't jeopardize my career), those things wouldn't change. But, I would grow breasts, which would mean I would never be cast in a role as cis man either. That would leave me with trans roles only, which there aren't many of to begin with. As long as those roles are going to cis men, acting will never be a viable career for trans people who don't pass invisibly.
                  That makes a lot of sense, you have a fair point. I must admit that at first it sounded like "Trans roles to trans people, Cis roles to whoever does it best" and that's what made me react. Thanks for taking the time to explain your point of view.

Glorious Useless-Post Prana
                  Cost: 2m; Mins: Linguistics 1, Essence 1 Type: Simple
                  Keywords: Mute
                  Duration: Instant
                  Prerequisite Charms: Ten-Characters Methodology

Comment

some of the photos are not showing up on the posts. can anyone help?

Comment

Osiran.

Rheya
                      is one of the more identifiable characters to me. Rheay wants to know all that can be know in such a World of Darkness,to understand what and who she is. And part of her Pilgrimage is going to far and wide places and looking for clues about her Lineage. For that i'll bring to the roster a Actress of my own town;Rio De Janeiro. The Great..

Tais Araujo!

Rodrigo
                      This guy has some big brass balls,going after ghosts and the freaking restless dead on the Underworld,i hope nothing rips his face off,then again he could just go back to life and grow a new one. And speaking of faces

Hype willians has a face that could stare at a rank 6 kerberoi and not fucking blink

Allie
                      A Soldier,plain and simple. Allie's Pilgrimage was pointeed with guns and bullets and sprinkled with blood. She's the one screaming order and carrying her men out of the fire,you can't even make her back her down with a atomic bomb,she'd just rise up from the ashes.

Kind like Nina Dobrev's character on the Vampire Diaries.

Badi
                      We already have a Prince Charming in Nicci.Badi is the opposite. He's not charming,he's a Leader and a Warrior,created to Ruler over the people of the jungle

The entire tribe serves Joe Taslim
                      Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 08-19-2016, 04:58 PM.

Comment

I think i managed to fix the images now...
                        Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 08-19-2016, 08:47 PM.

Comment

I share your pain sister! I'm in education.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                            some of the photos are not showing up on the posts. can anyone help?
                            It appears that you're not linking to an external URL on a lot of them and it's confusing the hell out of the forum software.

I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
                            An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
                            Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

Comment

Elisabeth
                              A Osiran on a mission Elisabeth will not stop until every single monster who murdered her throng will be vanquished

Once more i bring a actress from my homeland to portray the hunter,Cleo Pires is her name

Comment

Working...
                              X