No announcement yet.

Gems from Steven Universe are Created!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gems from Steven Universe are Created!

Gems from Steven Universe are totally Prometheans on their Pilgrimage to become humans! Just see this clip ( better whole episode! ):

Pearl's 'My appearance is conscious manifestation of light' clearly indicate that Gems are made from Divine Fire!

Also, Crystals are very close to Metals in alchemy...
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-23-2016, 06:50 AM.

My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
    MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events
    WtF 2E - Alternative werewolves myths from around the world

I dunno. I mean, they don't really inspire much fear or disgust or really much emotion at all in humans for the most part. They don't really create any kind of wasteland, and while the Crystal Gems' struggle was certainly for self-determination and reinvention, they don't really seem to want to be human (Rose Quartz being the exception), nor do they really lament their state, and certainly isn't the default ideal for Gemkind. The Gems act more like Angels and Demons, really.

Words of Wisdom from the Forums:
    "Don't be unlucky and get dead by a wolf-man."
    "Most of the current eras are too modern, we need 'Dark Eras: The electroweak epoch'."

Comment

Your link is broken. That said, I do recall a recent episode reminding me very much of Promethean. Can't remember which one, might have been Earthlings? I'm pretty sure it involved Steven telling Amethyst that she didn't have to be what she was made to be, she could become who she wanted to be.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
        Your link is broken. That said, I do recall a recent episode reminding me very much of Promethean. Can't remember which one, might have been Earthlings? I'm pretty sure it involved Steven telling Amethyst that she didn't have to be what she was made to be, she could become who she wanted to be.
        "Steven Vs. Amethyst", I think. There were a lot of episodes with that, but it was the most prominent to me in that one.

Words of Wisdom from the Forums:
        "Don't be unlucky and get dead by a wolf-man."
        "Most of the current eras are too modern, we need 'Dark Eras: The electroweak epoch'."

Comment

The corrupted Gem monsters make me think of Pandorans, especially the fusion mutants.

Comment

Your link is broken.
            Fixed clip, it starts properly at 0:45 time.

That said, I do recall a recent episode reminding me very much of Promethean. Can't remember which one, might have been Earthlings? I'm pretty sure it involved Steven telling Amethyst that she didn't have to be what she was made to be, she could become who she wanted to be.
            Scenes like those precisely remind me about Promethean. They powers also works a bit more like Transmutations.

Comment

Originally posted by malonkey1 View Post
              mean, they don't really inspire much fear or disgust or really much emotion at all in humans for the most part.
              But they show 'huh, she IS weird one' to humans - just see latest episodes. It maybe interpreted as start of Disquiet, only very low.

Comment

Eh, not really. They kinda sorta have one theme mildly in common. If anything they would be Angels/Demons.
                Last edited by Gallus; 09-23-2016, 07:42 AM.

SWTOR Referal: http://www.swtor.com/r/JQ2nqy

Comment

I primarily see Steven Universe as Demon-like, but there are certainly some Promethean parallels.

Comment

It occurs to me that Gems have pre-assigned roles in their society...like Castes. Maybe they're more like Exalts?

Comment

Originally posted by Mangle77 View Post
                      It occurs to me that Gems have pre-assigned roles in their society...like Castes. Maybe they're more like Exalts?

Angels/Demons have Incarnations which are the things they were made for, just like the Gems.

SWTOR Referal: http://www.swtor.com/r/JQ2nqy

Comment

Working...
                      X