Justifying non affluent Redeemed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justifying non affluent Redeemed.

Even if a Promethean didnt have considerable assets saved up or gain them as part of the New Dawn, its likely any Promethean that Completes the Pilgrimage will have enough skill to be able to earn a solid Salary.

Ideas on reasons?

You've spent your entire Created life as an inhuman hobo. I'd be more confused by a Redeemed that had any money than the alternative.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Skills are hard to market without a work history. Not to mention that probably only Medicine and Politics' directly corresponding professions provide stable and high incomes. Meanwhile, the ability to network and negotiate plays into many other high income jobs, and Prometheans risk a great deal to practice before the New Dawn.

LFP: American Carnage (Werewolf: the Forsaken)

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
        Even if a Promethean didnt have considerable assets saved up or gain them as part of the New Dawn,
        ...Huh?

its likely any Promethean that Completes the Pilgrimage will have enough skill to be able to earn a solid Salary.
        What makes you say that? Prometheans aren't exactly learning professional skills on the Pilgrimage, they're learning self-actualization and the basics of being human. Besides, even if they do manage to pick up some job skills along the way, in the modern job market, skills alone aren't enough. You need experience or connections or preferably both, and life as a drifter that everyone hates irrationally provides neither.

Ideas on reasons?
        I'd have a harder time coming up with reasons for a Redeemed to be affluent then not to be.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Worth pointing out that in 2e, the New Dawn establishes a place for the Redeemed in the world, with the supporting evidence (and potentially the memories, if that's what the Redeemed chose) to back it up.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post
            Worth pointing out that in 2e, the New Dawn establishes a place for the Redeemed in the world, with the supporting evidence (and potentially the memories, if that's what the Redeemed chose) to back it up.
            I doubt the average Pilgrimage ends with wealth and riches. That's more there so you have a social security number and a shitty job.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
              I doubt the average Pilgrimage ends with wealth and riches. That's more there so you have a social security number and a shitty job.
              Oh, sure, not arguing that. It's just the other comments mentioning the Redeemed don't have experience or connections, when the New Dawn can potentially grant those.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                Since by definition, the job in question is part of the place in the world that most fulfils the identity the Promethean has discovered and forged, it's unlikely the Promethean will regard it as shitty. It does however have to parallel one of the roles from the Pilgrimmage, and not all of them lend themselves to being rich.

Comment

Even if a Promethean didnt have considerable assets saved up or gain them as part of the New Dawn, its likely any Promethean that Completes the Pilgrimage will have enough skill to be able to earn a solid Salary.

Ideas on reasons?
                  You don't get a good salary because of skills, you get it from references, credentials, and a strong confirm-able resume. I've seen complete idiots who lack any management skills get those jobs because of good credentials and doing well in an interview. It is the social things like reputation for reliability in our world that make us prosper, the things. There are many people who have great skill or talent but people see them as unreliable or disagreeable to the point of being difficult to work with, so they don't prosper.

Being a wandering hobo that supernaturally inspires hatred/loathing is a bad way to build the social ties needed to do well in a post-modern about-three-quarters service-based economy.

Even if the Created did acquire wealth through outrageous fortune, brutal robbery, or vile treachery, "losing everything" is a very common human experience and a probable milestone for such an unlikely fortunate Promethian.
                  Last edited by Pale_Crusader; 09-16-2016, 01:21 PM.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
                  "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

The New Dawn doesn't necessarily grant you wealthy parents, the strongest indicator of economic success.

Comment

Working...
                    X